ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Jaguars no longer view Gabbert as a franchise quarterback? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266926)

the Talking Can 11-21-2012 08:48 PM

Quote:

Mularkey said that Henne will be the starter going into next season if he plays well over the next six games,

jags going to make a very chiefs-like mistake...coach rolls with vet trying to save job when they should be drafting another QB (too risky!)

good news for us

Chief_For_Life58 11-21-2012 08:53 PM

cut stanzi and bring gabbert in as our 3rd string next year

DTLB58 11-21-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9139999)
I'd trade for Gabbert in a heartbeat. He's played with nothing but shit in JAX.

That's funny, Cause Henne turned that shit into chicken salad in putting up 37pts and taking a 9-1 team in their own stadium into OT last Sunday.

Plus, with MJD, Mercedes Lewis and Blackmon and more draft picks there next season this could be an explosive team.

DTLB58 11-21-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 9140426)
cut stanzi and bring gabbert in as our 3rd string next year

Cut ALL the QB's and fire ALL offensive coaching staff!

DaneMcCloud 11-21-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9139628)
*cough*drafturbators*cough*
Posted via Mobile Device

Bullshit.

*cough***** you*cough*

RealSNR 11-21-2012 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9139628)
*cough*drafturbators*cough*
Posted via Mobile Device

Just the Mizzou homers.

Still, there was a reasonable chance that Gabbert had what it took to play in the NFL. Worth taking the chance on, absolutely.

AussieChiefsFan 11-22-2012 12:00 AM

They ain't stealin Geno from us

DaneMcCloud 11-22-2012 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9140775)
Just the Mizzou homers.

Still, there was a reasonable chance that Gabbert had what it took to play in the NFL. Worth taking the chance on, absolutely.

I don't think I ever saw Gabbert in college but he went to probably the worst situation in the NFL.

Del Rio was trying to hang onto his job, as was Dirk Koetter. They threw him in WAY too early and didn't work to develop him or game plan around his strengths. Their receiving corp sucked ass as did their TE situation and they also lost offensive lineman last year as well.

Fast forward a year and for whatever stupid reason, Mike Mularkey was hired. MJD sat out training camp and was not surprisingly hurt early, the team changed ownership and they suck ass.

I have no idea if Gabbert will ever amount to anything but he didn't have a chance from the start.

Chris Meck 11-22-2012 02:33 AM

word on Gabbert was always that he was extremely raw. So what do they do? Throw him right in there and expect him to be Elway.

Shit, even Elway wasn't Elway at first.

Gabbert is why, despite the immediate success of Luck, RG3, Wilson, etc. that I think they're still sort of the exception and not the rule. I expect some of those guys to regress (ala Newton) next year.

I'd take Gabbert for a mid-rounder. NOT as the SOLUTION, mind you, but as back-up fodder.

clarification: and by mid-rounder I mean more like a 4th or 5th.

Frazod 11-22-2012 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9140775)
Just the Mizzou homers.

To hell with Gabbert. The only good thing I can say about him is he doesn't suck as bad as Franklin. I still can't believe somebody dropped a 1st round pick on him - did they never watch him play? ****.

When it comes to MU homerism, at QB for me it begins and ends with Daniel.

Setsuna 11-22-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9140052)
You know what? At least they TRIED. Tried and failed, maybe, but they ****ing well tried.

More than what this team has done the last thirty years.

This is false unfortunately. Gene Smith only did this to save his job, and then when Gabbert sucked that year he also HAD to draft Blackmon to save his job. He has run out of chances. Gene Smith would NEVER pick a QB in the first round unless his shit was at stake. Just like Pioli would draft a QB to save his job if he is still here. We were too stupid to keep him on to allow him to do such a thing, yall won't do the same I'm sure.

Setsuna 11-22-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9140415)
jags going to make a very chiefs-like mistake...coach rolls with vet trying to save job when they should be drafting another QB (too risky!)

good news for us

WTF? I didn't read that part? Good lord. Phobia please PM me about how SOC came to fruition. I need to start this immediately.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-22-2012 12:36 PM

"He can't be, he's from MU"!/Dumbass Beaker-Lovin' True Fan

Rausch 11-22-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9141381)
WTF? I didn't read that part? Good lord. Phobia please PM me about how SOC came to fruition. I need to start this immediately.

No one cares enough to make that happen there...

Setsuna 11-22-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9141681)
No one cares enough to make that happen there...

Hey! You know what!? :(:deevee::deevee::deevee::deevee::deevee: