ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football NFL Expansion... London? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265880)

J Diddy 10-29-2012 05:05 PM

With the Chiefs luck they'd crash in the ****ing ocean and only Clark, Pioli, Romeo and Cassel would survive.

CoMoChief 10-29-2012 05:06 PM

Someone needs to que in the "Sha-poopy" scene from Family Guy

chiefzilla1501 10-29-2012 05:07 PM

Seriously, **** Roger Goodell. This an extraordinarily stupid idea. Gives huge home field advantage to the team in London, and huge visitor disadvantage to the team in London.

Make changes that make the game more competitive, not the ones that make the game more profitable.

Easy 6 10-29-2012 05:11 PM

Even goodell cant possibly be hardheaded & stupid enough to attempt this.

The NFL is 10 foot surge awash in money, its the hands down most popular pro sport in the nation... no way he needs to "open the european market"... he's been the one used to doling out the heat lately, but if he even tried this he'd find himself in a stewpot.

|Zach| 10-29-2012 05:17 PM

I feel like the NFL is exploring all of this because it feels like it is reached a tipping point in how much money it can get from NFL fans. There are only so many possible fans...so much merchandise...so many tickets. They have been wildly successful but they have saturated their market and they want to go somewhere that has new money.

chiefzilla1501 10-29-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9063491)
I feel like the NFL is exploring all of this because it feels like it is reached a tipping point in how much money it can get from NFL fans. There are only so many possible fans...so much merchandise...so many tickets. They have been wildly successful but they have saturated their market and they want to go somewhere that has new money.

The problem is that this is a pure business decision even if it completely compromises the game.

Do you realize that San Fran is a 13 hour flight away and a 7 hour time difference? Or are we proposing that London never have to play the NFC West?

Easy 6 10-29-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

If America, Mexico & Canada dont provide enough money to keep everyone happy, then **** the NFL.

IMHO

|Zach| 10-29-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9063500)
The problem is that this is a pure business decision even if it completely compromises the game.

Do you realize that San Fran is a 13 hour flight away and a 7 hour time difference? Or are we proposing that London never have to play the NFC West?

I am not advocating for it.

Doing it would be so "NFL" though.

|Zach| 10-29-2012 05:28 PM

NFL wants those overseas viewers so bad.

This is a site that was made specifically for UK'ers new to the game and to the league. Gives you a crash course about the game and a general idea about each team to choose one as your favorite.

http://www.nfl-360.com/

chiefzilla1501 10-29-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9063511)

Doing it would be so "NFL" though.

Agreed.

Dr. Johnny Fever 10-29-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Zach and I completely agree on something.

Frazod 10-29-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9063511)

Doing it would be so "Goodell" though.

FYP

Too bad we can't just ship Goodell to London and make him stay there.

|Zach| 10-29-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9063545)
FYP

Too bad we can't just ship Goodell to London and make him stay there.

I am not a fan of his but this is more than him. It is just a huge league that has been absolutely flooded with money.

Money ****ing ruins everything.

As we are learning on many levels.

Frazod 10-29-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9063558)
I am not a fan of his but this is more than him. It is just a huge league that has been absolutely flooded with money.

Money ****ing ruins everything.

As we are learning on many levels.

I know, but he's definitely leading the charge.

God I hate that guy.

alnorth 10-29-2012 06:03 PM

I don't want expansion, screw expansion. 4x4 per league is perfect.

If an owner wants to move his team to London though... well, good luck. Its his business, as long as its not an AFC West team.