ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Late night bullshit: Chiefs roster would-you-rather. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=301789)

milkman 08-28-2016 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 12391193)
Neither is RNR.

But he can play NT. Coaches have plugged him in there a few times this training camp.

Actually, RNR is behind Poe at NT on the depth chart.

Jones can play NT, but he is/will be far more disruptive on the end, so I'd rather keep RNR as the backup.

If you want to make a choice, I'd rather choose between Williams and King.

I might be inclined to keep King with that choice.

DaneMcCloud 08-28-2016 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 12391193)
Neither is RNR.

But he can play NT. Coaches have plugged him in there a few times this training camp.

King is a PS guy again this year, IMO.

jjchieffan 08-28-2016 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12391202)
King is a PS guy again this year, IMO.

Idk. I think that the thought last year was that Irving was a practice squad guy. Unfortunately, the Cowboys grabbed him and now he's a starter there. Ki G may not become a starter that quick, but I bet he could make severNFL rosters if we cut him.

DaneMcCloud 08-28-2016 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 12391208)
Idk. I think that the thought last year was that Irving was a practice squad guy. Unfortunately, the Cowboys grabbed him and now he's a starter there. Ki G may not become a starter that quick, but I bet he could make severNFL rosters if we cut him.

The Chiefs are going to cut several guys this year that will be on 53 man rosters throughout the league.

Chiefshrink 08-28-2016 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 12391183)
I hope you're right. I don't know enough about bulking up to argue either way, but if he can bulk up quickly, that's going to be great.

If he is truly committed to himself and his team and trusts the strength training coach, NO PROBLEM, easily done. Let's say he can only do 225 maybe 5-10x(and may be worse, who knows?) which is usually the case when lineman decline the bench press at the combine. That means he is probably good for 1 rep anywhere between 300-320. Those guys at the combine doing 25 reps or more at 225 are performing at 1 rep anywhere from 450 to 550 lbs if not more for 1 rep. If Parker is committed, by December, starting in May he will be doing at least 400 to 425 for one rep regardless of the rigor of the season because his ceiling will be the highest to grow IMO and will at least keep him from being tossed around as much.

Chiefshrink 08-28-2016 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 12391208)

BINGO !! King is Irving this year. We need to keep him some how.

Chiefshrink 08-28-2016 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12391213)
The Chiefs are going to cut several guys this year that will be on 53 man rosters throughout the league.

As is every team with some teams having more to start elsewhere than others.

DaneMcCloud 08-28-2016 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 12391225)
As is every team with some teams having more to start elsewhere than others.

What? Is this English?

milkman 08-28-2016 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12391228)
What? Is this English?

Adds a whole new meaning to psycho-babble, don't it.

Chiefshrink 08-28-2016 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 12391195)
Not anymore.

But that isn't the point.

The physical demands of playing the game, especially in the trenches, simply take too much of a physical toll for weight training to be effective.

So strength coaches are obsolete during the season and only deal with injured players in rehab ? Strength coaches don't attempt to keep "their horses strong in the trenches" during the season and avoid any heavy lifting at all because they are just too tired ? Seriously ?? You are seriously mistaken here my friend. If a strength coach can keep his horses within 15-20% of their ceiling all year then this will be considered successful because the rigors of the season do take a toll and it is expected they will not be at their ceiling. But to avoid all heavy lifting for the whole season is not only unwise but asinine. What happens is that during the off season they weight train anywhere from 4-5 days a week. During the season the strength coaches just have them lift 2 days a week to keep them close to their ceiling strength. Some guys can get away with just 1 day a week. Lifting during the season also helps avoid serious injury as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 12391195)
That's why every single player that needs to put on muscle mass when they come into the league is expected to do so after their rookie season.

No. That is why any kid out of college who is serious about playing in the NFL will already be at their "weight lifting ceiling" if they are smart and will have started this practice way back in HS if not middle school being disciplined in the weight room if they are truly committed to football regardless of NFL dreams or not. It's just that some kids are just naturally strong and have gotten away with just natural strength and naively think they don't need to lift because they throw others around with ease UNTIL they reach the professional level and then that is when they get the "welcome to the physical strength of the NFL" rookie !!:rolleyes: And then the light usually goes on for them at that point.;)

GMs,Coaches and Strength coaches don't have the luxury of waiting for that 'rookie' to put on mass and strength after their first year in the off season. They assess and those that need serious help in both areas are immediately started in mini-camps upon arrival and either they embrace it or they fight it with phantom injuries because they are lazy and not used to the physical and mental toughness it takes to reach their ceiling but either they produce or they are gone in most cases. Strength programs are immediately started, PERIOD.

Hoover 08-28-2016 12:33 PM

Say it with me, there is no reason to keep three QBs.

If we are starting Murray, the season is lost anyway, I'd rather improve our draft status.

Chiefshrink 08-28-2016 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12391228)
What? Is this English?

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 12391230)
Adds a whole new meaning to psycho-babble, don't it.

Is this all you guys have is a grammar typo error ?

KChiefs1 08-28-2016 12:41 PM

Dadi Nicolas will be a stud next season after a year in the weight room.

I called it after watching him in training camp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jjchieffan 08-28-2016 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 12391220)
If he is truly committed to himself and his team and trusts the strength training coach, NO PROBLEM, easily done. Let's say he can only do 225 maybe 5-10x(and may be worse, who knows?) which is usually the case when lineman decline the bench press at the combine. That means he is probably good for 1 rep anywhere between 300-320. Those guys at the combine doing 25 reps or more at 225 are performing at 1 rep anywhere from 450 to 550 lbs if not more for 1 rep. If Parker is committed, by December, starting in May he will be doing at least 400 to 425 for one rep regardless of the rigor of the season because his ceiling will be the highest to grow IMO and will at least keep him from being tossed around as much.

First of all, as I already stated, I don't know much about weight training, so I'm not trying to argue with you. But one thing that I would like to hear your input on is that much strength training during a rookie season and it's effect on him as the season wears on. Year after year, we see rookies start off looking great and then tail off as they hit the "rookie wall" because they are not accustomed to a 16 game schedule. Wouldn't adding all of that strength training to him on top of everything else make him hit that wall that much sooner and any strength gained be negated due to fatigue?

KChiefs1 08-28-2016 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 12391279)
Say it with me, there is no reason to keep three QBs.

If we are starting Murray, the season is lost anyway, I'd rather improve our draft status.

I think there's a chance they trade Murray if the offer is right. I also believe that Knile Davis will be traded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk