ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Coming to Phoenix (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277436)

eDave 10-14-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 10087217)
Rhythm Room if you want some good blues/soul music and dancing.

Yup. It's a dump but a lot of fun. Get there on old school jazz night and it's like stepping into a speakeasy. Many people dress the part.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 10-14-2013 08:59 PM

Welp, the burbs with my kids is where I'll stay.

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 10087224)
Yea. Actually the whole downtown residency's are moving in that direction. I looked to rent down there and it was clear as day.

patteeu 10-14-2013 09:00 PM

If you want to try something different, try Chino Bandido where they combine Chinese and Mexican. It's been over a decade since I've been there and it's a hole in the wall type place, but I have fond (possibly nostalgia fueled) memories.

eDave 10-14-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10087274)
If you want to try something different, try Chino Bandido where they combine Chinese and Mexican. It's been over a decade since I've been there and it's a hole in the wall type place, but I have fond (possibly nostalgia fueled) memories.

I lived with a skank for a while and she worked there. Sounds like a strange combination but it is delicious. The one I know of is up off 17 and Greenway, or in that general vacinity. If going up there, I also recommend http://pappadeaux.com/location/?id=36. No real conversations can be had here. Noisy. I hosted a business lunch here and it was a waste of time. Great food. The skank then worked for Hooter's, where she developed quite the coke habit. Got canned and kicked out of my door. Sweet memories.

NewChief 10-25-2013 09:50 PM

Tried Angel's Trumpet Ale House (between the good beer, fine design aesthetic and metal vibe, I think this would be Reaper's paradise) and loved it. We were going to eat somewhere else, but were enjoying ourselves so much that we just ate there

Did lunch at Pizzeria Bianco. Really excellent and great atmosphere. Kind of reminded me of Pizzeria Oceana in Florida.

Hit Cafe Barrio for supper. Holy shit. Amazing.

So far, everything has been amazing, and I'm very impressed with downtown PHX. Went into lawless denim tonight and had good convo with the owners. Very cool place that you all should check out if you haven't.

My coworker has been blown away by the places I've recommended, so nice job. CP brain trust comes through again.

Great Expectations 10-25-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10087274)

This, weird place decent beer selection and awesome food.

vailpass 10-25-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10123904)
Tried Angel's Trumpet Ale House (between the good beer, fine design aesthetic and metal vibe, I think this would be Reaper's paradise) and loved it. We were going to eat somewhere else, but were enjoying ourselves so much that we just ate there

Did lunch at Pizzeria Bianco. Really excellent and great atmosphere. Kind of reminded me of Pizzeria Oceana in Florida.

Hit Cafe Barrio for supper. Holy shit. Amazing.

So far, everything has been amazing, and I'm very impressed with downtown PHX. Went into lawless denim tonight and had good convo with the owners. Very cool place that you all should check out if you haven't.

My coworker has been blown away by the places I've recommended, so nice job. CP brain trust comes through again.

:thumb: you did well. Bianco is the best pizza in town. Cafe Barrio is unique, I always take guests there.
Hopefully you can work in LoLo's Chicken and Waffles. Enjoy your stay.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-25-2013 10:25 PM

Salsitas next to the fabulous Flamingo Inn on Van Buren.

Tell 'em Sweets sent 'ya!

NewChief 10-25-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 10123935)
:thumb: you did well. Bianco is the best pizza in town. Cafe Barrio is unique, I always take guests there.
Hopefully you can work in LoLo's Chicken and Waffles. Enjoy your stay.

Lolo's is tomorrow night. I'm just sad to not get any fry bread tacos in. Just don't think we can fit them in unless there's somewhere really close for lunch tomorrow. Indian fry house is a little far. We present right after lunch, so we are on a time crunch then.

vailpass 10-25-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10123944)
Lolo's is tomorrow night. I'm just sad to not get any fry bread tacos in. Just don't think we can fit them in unless there's somewhere really close for lunch tomorrow. Indian fry house is a little far. We present right after lunch, so we are on a time crunch then.

Indian Fry House is the one to miss if you are going to miss any of them, it's a hole in the wall but different. Enjoy the soul food, break a leg on your presentation.
You hit at the perfect time weather wise.

vailpass 10-25-2013 10:37 PM

If you need a quick lunch China Chili has your food to your table in 2 minutes and its good Chinese...

eDave 10-25-2013 10:53 PM

I've offered, like, a bunch of suggestions. Excellent suggestions. You've done none of them. Whatever man. ;)

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-25-2013 10:56 PM

Take a casual stroll down beautiful Buckey Ave in the PM. Excitement!

vailpass 10-25-2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 10123980)
Take a casual stroll down beautiful Buckey Ave in the PM. Excitement!

Hah! Lower Van Buren is where it's at...

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-25-2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 10123986)
Hah! Lower Van Buren is where it's at...

East or West or both? Excitement!