ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs How much is enough?... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264959)

DeezNutz 10-10-2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9000498)
Apparently most of you think the timeline for a GM should be shorter than three years, and that the time line for a coach should be shorter than two seasons. If so, what is the timeline?

This is year 4 for Pioli. 2 failed HCs, 57 failed OCs, 4 mediocre drafts, and 1 notably failed QB.

You don't get year 5 with a track record like that.

Rain Man 10-10-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9000517)
Hmmm ...

Depends on the squad.

In general, I think a 4 to 5 year term for the GM makes sense. Especially now that there is draft slotting. Between that and FA, you should be able to formulate your plan, acquire the necessary players, and execute with expectations of seeing the program flourish in year 4.

As for head coaches, I give them the same amount of time. Except, of course, if they suck really bad. Like if they have a good squad but the squad obviously under-performs or if too many game-day decisions are bone-headed and stuff.

Rookie quarterbacks get 3 years to get with the program. Veteran quarterbacks, 2 years depending upon the complexity of the offensive scheme.

Waterboys get 2 years in case of a water shortage.

FAX

So you're ready to fire Cassel, not ready to fire Crennel, and this is the decision year for Pioli?

I'll shrug approvingly.

DaFace 10-10-2012 09:37 PM

Honestly, I'd be OK with just drafting a first-round quarterback. But I'd sure LIKE for Pioli to be gone.

O.city 10-10-2012 09:39 PM

What exactly has Pioli done to earn another contract?

Hammock Parties 10-10-2012 09:40 PM

Next season could be fun, we play the NFC East.

Rain Man 10-10-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9000523)
This is year 4 for Pioli. 2 failed HCs, 57 failed OCs, 4 mediocre drafts, and 1 notably failed QB.

You don't get year 5 with a track record like that.

So you're ready to fire all three, it sounds like, even though Crennel has only been the head coach for eight games over two seasons?

This reminds me of the weirdest thing about the Pioli era in my mind, and that's the fact that we can't seem to have a head coach, an offensive coordinator, and a defensive coordinator. Our coaches always seem to want to save the money on one of the coordinators. They shouldn't do that. For anyone on Chiefsplanet who eventually gets hired as a head coach, here's a tip: hire both an offensive coordinator and a defensive coordinator. If you want to save money, wash the practice jerseys less often or cut the hot water in the showers. A modern NFL team needs an OC and a DC.

Rain Man 10-10-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9000538)
Honestly, I'd be OK with just drafting a first-round quarterback. But I'd sure LIKE for Pioli to be gone.

So you're okay with keeping Crennel for a while longer?

O.city 10-10-2012 09:42 PM

To be honest, with Geno behind our oline and keeping the weapons we have on offense I think we could score on some teams.

With a new GM and a new HC employing an aggressive 1 gap 34, we could stop alot of teams.

It would be awesome to look forward to those games next year against he Giants, Eagles, Boys, and Skins and get excited.

FAX 10-10-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9000537)
So you're ready to fire Cassel, not ready to fire Crennel, and this is the decision year for Pioli?

I'll shrug approvingly.

No ... not really.

I was thinking along the lines of assuming that the GM wouldn't bring on and stick with a dud quarterback, the HC wouldn't also be DC and have a proven record as a failure, and the QB wouldn't be a known doofus. I guess I was thinking in normal NFL franchise terms ... not Chiefs terms.

FAX

Munson 10-10-2012 09:44 PM

Get rid of all of them, starting with Pioli. We need to start all over. Draft Geno Smith, and then dominate the AFC West for the next 10 years.

baitism 10-10-2012 09:46 PM

Where is the get a new owner option?

tredadda 10-10-2012 09:56 PM

I said Fire Pioli. If that is done, Romeo and Cassel are gone and we most likely draft a 1st round QB.

DaFace 10-10-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9000553)
So you're okay with keeping Crennel for a while longer?

Oh, probably. I always feel bad for coaches who get stuck with a QB they know isn't going to cut it. On a 1 to 10 scale from fire vs. retain, I'd give Cassel a 2, Pioli a 3, and Crennel a 4.

BIG K 10-10-2012 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 8999930)
How many cuts do we need to make to regain the trust of the fans?...

As I have said before, STOP going to the games locals.. No way any changes are made as long as the seats are filled, the parking passes paid, and the beer is bought. As long as the Hunt family is making money, there will be no changes of anything. You, as locals who attend the game, requested filet mignon, and have received ground beef instead.

As long as you keep going to this establishment, and paying for filet mignon knowing your going to receive ground beef, no change will be made. How many millions under the cap? Pisshollies job is to make the Hunt family money, DONE!

As long as the sheep of KC continue to fill the stadium, the Hunts will continue to make money. Flying banners don't mean shit when they are still turning a profit....

Boycott Arrowhead, and you will have their attention....Its that simple. Make them lose money, and they will listen....

AussieChiefsFan 10-11-2012 12:59 AM

For me its a franchise QB.