ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Food: Are we a country of hypocrites? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=284491)

Mojo Jojo 06-19-2014 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 10703664)
5. Burger King -- I would never go here by choice.

4. Dunkin' Donuts -- My favorite thing there is their apple fritters. Kroger has better apple fritters so I don't go there any more.

3. KFC -- Last time I went through their drive through I waited 5 minutes and wasn't even close to the order window. I pulled out of the line and probably won't go back for a long time.

2. Taco Bell -- I haven't been in something around a year. Good stuff though. No complaints.

1. McDonalds -- I eat here on average once a month. Typical menu items I'll order: 1) Large coffee; 2) Sausage McMuffin with Egg; 3) Hamburger, I order 2 or 3 of these with a coffee for lunch, depending how hungry I am; 4) Fries, I won't order these for myself, but will eat a family members leftovers; 5) Big Mac, clearly the best menu item by far. I do not order it due to 1) health concerns and 2) I only eat McDonald's in the car, and that special sauce squirts everywhere.

Best apple fritters...Quik Trip...they are incredible

DaFace 06-19-2014 09:01 PM

I've got nothing against fast food at all. I wouldn't want to eat at McDonald's five times a week, but once in a while is fine.

Lzen 06-19-2014 09:02 PM

BK I like better than the others on the list. But I eat there maybe 5-10 times a year.

I can't remember the last time I was at a Dunkin' Donuts. Years ago, for sure.

KFC, I eat there maybe once or twice a year.

Taco Bell, I find myself eating there very seldom these days. I also liked the chicken chalupas. The beef is cheap crap. But I will eat a taco or burrito once in awhile. Still, I would rather eat at Panchos.

McD's is a place that I have complained about for years and I avoid it as much as possible. The last time I ate at McD's was with the Plows the first weekend of March Madness. And that was the first time I had eaten there in probably over a year.

For fast food places, I like Hardees, Sonic, or Wendy's typically. Also been going to Dairy Queen every so often lately. The $5 lunch is a good deal.

Cannibal 06-19-2014 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 10703574)
**** yeah. I don't have a problem with really any fast food place, I just don't eat it as much as I used to. Although tomorrow I'm road tripping to Des Moines, I'll probably hit a drive thru on the way home. Maybe try one of those new McD's Club burgers or whatever they are. Look pretty good.

I miss the 80's when they used animal shortening on the fries and McNuggets...damn that was good stuff.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-squEG7MDW5...s1600/hero.bmp

I used to drink with the bros on Saturday night and I'd stop at Mickey D's on the way home and pick up two sandwiches and a large fry. It was my Saturday ritual. They used to make sandwich I loved called The Super Hero".

Cannibal 06-19-2014 09:06 PM

It was a Batman promotional sandwich from years ago. Loved it.

Cannibal 06-19-2014 09:09 PM

Love the double quarter with cheese, the Big Mac. Love the Filet O Fish, and pretty much all breakfast sandwiches.

Buzz 06-19-2014 09:13 PM

Two BK double cheese burgers are pretty darn good for 3 bucks. I can eat at taco bell cheap for 2-3 bucks, bean burrito, soft taco and 3 layer nacho hits the spot. Normally only eat that on a pay day for a treat.

Bugeater 06-19-2014 09:17 PM

5. Burger King I may stop in for a Whopper once a month or so.

4. Dunkin’ Donuts There's only one that I know of in Omaha, and it opened up last year and I've haven't been there yet. The Mrs buys their store brand coffee once in a while, but I can never tell the difference. They could go bankrupt and close every store and I'd never miss them.

3. KFC Think the last time I was there was in 2010 when I tried that Double Down abomination. They could go bankrupt and close every store and I'd never miss them, Popeye's is 100x better.

2. Taco Bell Never been a huge fan, but I do like the DLTs and there's one close to where I work, I may eat there once every couple weeks.

1. McDonald’s Not a fan at all, they have the best fries of any other fast food chain but the rest of their food is the lowest of the low. About the only thing they're good for is the occasional Big Mac when I'm on the road.

As far as the thread topic...I don't know what we're necessarily hypocrites. Most of us know better but I believe these chains for the most part thrive off of the poor and ignorant segment of society. There's plenty of 'em out there.

Simply Red 06-19-2014 09:33 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/zazn3CQEUI4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BigCatDaddy 06-19-2014 09:37 PM

What is the reason that people "hate" fast food restaurants? Did the restaurants make them drive up to the window? Did they make them buy the Whopper? Did the pour the large pop down their throat?

I guess I don't get it.

BucEyedPea 06-19-2014 09:50 PM

I read an article about a year ago, saying the fast food places where now lower in fat and salt thanbetter or upscale restaurants. Because they were attacked so often about their food. The better restaurants use a lot more fat. Just watch food network and see all the fat those chefs use.

Pepe Silvia 06-19-2014 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 10703742)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/zazn3CQEUI4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chicken McPubes

BigCatDaddy 06-20-2014 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 10703756)
I read an article about a year ago, saying the fast food places where now lower in fat and salt thanbetter or upscale restaurants. Because they were attacked so often about their food. The better restaurants use a lot more fat. Just watch food network and see all the fat those chefs use.

If only fat was the problem.

Cheater5 06-20-2014 06:26 AM

I haven't eaten at a McDonalds since 2001, in Austria of all places. From that list in the last 15+ years, I only just last week went to a Dunkin Donuts and ordered an egg-cheese bagel with coffee out of convenience.

The coffee was worse than the ditch water we got in the Army and stopped drinking after three sips. I ate the egg from the sandwich and threw the rest away.

I guess my fast-food purchases are more pizza related, cause I've bought from Domino's from time to time. And I agree with others on here- if I'm going to eat food with high fat content and poor nutritional value, it sure as shite aint going to be from any of those places.

chiefzilla1501 06-20-2014 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10703745)
What is the reason that people "hate" fast food restaurants? Did the restaurants make them drive up to the window? Did they make them buy the Whopper? Did the pour the large pop down their throat?

I guess I don't get it.

What is the effect of fast food? If more people eat healthier food, healthier food becomes cheaper and more accessible to everyone. It would dramatically reduce health care costs. It would lead to more workforce productivity and increase overall happiness (less incidences of depression, anxiety, stress, etc....)

Yes, people are free to eat whatever they want. I'm not the kind of condescending guy who sneers at people who eat unhealthy all the time. It starts with education and step 1 of that education is not defending places that make bad food and letting people know exactly the damage they're doing to their body. If they want to keep making bad decisions but know what they're doing, that's their freedom. It's why I don't agree with things like soda bans, but I agree with better dietary education and also agree with more transparency that restaurants should be obligated to show how they are prepping their food.