ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Why Doesn't The NFL HOF Have More Kickers? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=346821)

Rain Man 01-03-2023 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoes (Post 16706322)
What do you fellas think of Vinateri's chances of being a first ballot hall of famer? No brainer or does it take a couple tries for him to get into the HOF?

Wow, I had no idea that he passed Morten Andersen for the #1 all-time scoring spot. I was about to say that he'll make it in three or four years, but given his longevity and the clutch kicks that he made to support cheating by the patriots, I think he's got a good shot of getting in on the first ballot.

ping2000 01-04-2023 02:24 AM

They don't want to clean shit off of more kickers busts. **** kickers.

TEX 01-04-2023 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 16706332)
And again, since I keep getting misquoted,

I SAID THAT BUTKER COULD GET IN, NOT THAT HE WOULD GET IN.

There's a difference.

Nothing misquoted...You said he "COULD" make it. You also said that he "PROBABLY SHOULD" make it.

There's a difference.:shrug:

Rasputin 01-04-2023 06:45 AM

I have a better question. Why isn't Otis Taylor in the HOF?

Shoes 01-04-2023 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 16706341)
Wow, I had no idea that he passed Morten Andersen for the #1 all-time scoring spot. I was about to say that he'll make it in three or four years, but given his longevity and the clutch kicks that he made to support cheating by the patriots, I think he's got a good shot of getting in on the first ballot.

I agree, if Vinateri isn't a first ballot HOF'er then Canton somewhat sets the tone for kickers moving forward. There isn't a better career kicking wise in regards to longevity and clutch moments on the biggest stage.

Megatron96 01-04-2023 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 16708440)
Nothing misquoted...You said he "COULD" make it. You also said that he "PROBABLY SHOULD" make it.

There's a difference.:shrug:

probably should is still a significant distance from would or will. He's not a lock, and I never said he was.

What I said was that all he really had to do was keep kicking at his average for the last six years and play for at least 14-16 years total, so 8-10 more years, and he probably should be in the conversation.

He doesn't have to improve in any particular area at all, just keep kicking at his current average, and statistically he'll be right there at the fence.

His only real problem, assuming he stays healthy and doesn't otherwise fall off a cliff somehow, is Justin Tucker. He's likely going to be outshined by Tucker for most of his career, and that might hurt his chances.

Gary Cooper 01-04-2023 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rasputin (Post 16708468)
I have a better question. Why isn't Otis Taylor in the HOF?

His numbers aren't sexy enough for modern voters.

Gary Cooper 01-04-2023 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoes (Post 16708857)
I agree, if Vinateri isn't a first ballot HOF'er then Canton somewhat sets the tone for kickers moving forward. There isn't a better career kicking wise in regards to longevity and clutch moments on the biggest stage.

Unless he was kicking at Arrowhead.