ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Let's Talk About Nagy's Playcalling (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=350759)

TEX 10-29-2023 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 17198362)
The check downs are because the wrs are complete ass. And Pat is not himself this year and that because the receivers are complete ass.

Mostly looks like an Alex Smith offense.

Red Dawg 10-29-2023 07:20 PM

Mahomes went deep on 3rd and five and went deep on 4th and 2. Neither were complete. We don't have a deep game this year. He's gotta move the chains with shorter throws.

MahomesMagic 10-29-2023 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 17198418)

When you have a rocket arm like Mahomes you know you need to dink and dunk.

crayzkirk 10-29-2023 07:23 PM

Seems like a lot of plays and passes are at or behind the line of scrimmage. I like Pacheco and yet, when I watch teams with a real running game, it looks like the Chiefs are missing something. They don't seem to be able to get outside and many times, the defenders are standing in the backfield to meet them. Is it the scheme, players or both?

For sure, Pat was off today. He held the ball way too long.

Herewego 10-29-2023 07:24 PM

Five turnovers. Dropped TD pass. :shrug:

-King- 10-29-2023 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crayzkirk (Post 17198430)
Seems like a lot of plays and passes are at or behind the line of scrimmage. I like Pacheco and yet, when I watch teams with a real running game, it looks like the Chiefs are missing something. They don't seem to be able to get outside and many times, the defenders are standing in the backfield to meet them. Is it the scheme, players or both?

For sure, Pat was off today. He held the ball way too long.

Pacheco doesn't have good vision. If the hole is right in front of him, he'll burst through it and make a good play. If he has to find a hole, he's either going to lose yards or be tackled for a short gain.

King_Chief_Fan 10-29-2023 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 17198418)

very similar
the common denominator is Nagy.
He failed in Chicago and came back.
Andy sent Bieniemy packing who s now doing more with less in Washington than Nagy is doing with the best qb in the NFL.
I was not the biggest fan of Bieniemy but I am a lesser fan of Nagy.

Hammock Parties 10-29-2023 07:53 PM

LMAO

Nagy's offense was good for 2nd/4th in the league before today.

When the wide receivers went completely tits up.

GMAFB

Buehler445 10-29-2023 07:58 PM

I think some of it is Reid saves the good shit for big games/playoffs.

Some of it is that our receivers are fire roasted rhinoceros assholes.

Some of it is I don't see the creativity that I've seen in prior years. Some of it might be the aforementioned saving thing. I still see some good concepts in terms of flooding zones, a nice little Skyy Moore pick play (I think that may have been illegal), and a decent little Mecole backfield play that the Cheating ****ing Donko Bitch****s sniffed out.

Very little motion, very few tendency breakers, and maybe most shockingly, very little respect for the downfield game - that's why it looked like the Smith years.

:Lin:

Chiefspants 10-29-2023 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 17198514)
LMAO

Nagy's offense was good for 2nd/4th in the league before today.

When the wide receivers went completely tits up.

GMAFB

Juju was a consistent well Patrick could go to and would be in his spots when Kelce was blanketed last year. Perhaps best seen in the second half of the Super Bowl.

We are just missing a consistent staple like that. It doesn’t feel huge when taking a macro view of the offense, but it’s the difference between long, grind it out TD drives and drives that stall at midfield or turn into field goals when can’t find someone on 3rd and 7.

493rd 10-29-2023 08:00 PM

Which of our WRs would start on another team? Play calling is not the problem, it’s the personnel. We have guys that can’t consistently get open, don’t run crisp routes, consistently drop passes, and some that don’t contribute at all to anything. What’s that leave? Travis Kelce and dudes outta the backfield. Veach rolled the dice thinking Toney and Moore would take the next step this year. It hasn’t happened and both are just bad. The only positive is that it’s gotten so bad that it must be addressed next season. This will end up costing the Chiefs in the end.

tk13 10-29-2023 08:01 PM

Reid has always liked a horizontal passing game. People blamed the offense on Alex Smith but that was always a two way street. He fit what Reid likes to do. Always has a bunch of quick shifty WRs to spread things out horizontally to get guys in space. They do go downfield sometimes but that's never going to be the focus of the offense.

CatinKS 10-29-2023 08:06 PM

PM stayed in the pocket longer than in previous games. Once he was out in the open seem like the ol' Pat. Maybe the Flu and high altitude drained him so he didn't scramble as much. I blame the coaches more than the players as the game plan didn't seem as creative, like a team that had just beat this team 2 weeks ago and was ok, lets start this up in the second half.

Or the Broncs D was on Meth and just played out of thier minds.

OnTheWarpath15 10-29-2023 08:10 PM

I’ve lost track of how many times we’ve run a one man route on 3rd down.

Chiefshrink 10-29-2023 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 17198332)
It’s Andy

Dadgum right it is!!! Always has been and especially when Andy knows he's in a dogfight(potentially losing).;)