ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Breaston sees bigger opportunity with new Chiefs regime (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269850)

FloridaMan88 02-09-2013 10:44 AM

Very doubtful, but maybe one day Fat Scott will sit down for a real media interview (i.e. not with the likes of Peter King), to discuss everything that went down during his time in KC... the Haley situation, the Arrowhead Anxiety report, the Breaston situation, etc.

Hoover 02-09-2013 11:06 AM

It would be great if we can keep Bowe, and figure out Baldwin, and actually play Breaston in the slot.

I think Baldwin is a key guy to watch. If we figure him out it could be a huge addition to the offense.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-09-2013 11:12 AM

Another Egoli FAIL.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch 02-09-2013 11:18 AM

One of our biggest additions this year will be Breaston catching passes again...

morphius 02-09-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 9389154)
It would be great if we can keep Bowe, and figure out Baldwin, and actually play Breaston in the slot.

I think Baldwin is a key guy to watch. If we figure him out it could be a huge addition to the offense.

Hopefully the OC and the WR coach can get him playing up to his potential. I haven't seen much from him that shows that he knows how to get any separation and his route running is lacking.

Rausch 02-09-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 9389174)
Hopefully the OC and the WR coach can get him playing up to his potential. I haven't seen much from him that shows that he knows how to get any separation and his route running is lacking.

Baldwin is a lost cause.

Cut bait and let that bright and shiny lure fall to the river bottom...

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-09-2013 11:29 AM

but...but...he waz picked by the greatest GM evar....
Posted via Mobile Device

philfree 02-09-2013 11:33 AM

I like Breasts but Breaston's old and there's a bunch of WR talent in this draft. I don't think we should get to caught up with guys on our roster and not draft a young stud WR in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th round. We need speed.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-09-2013 11:38 AM

youll be surprised at what Smith and Reid will bring out of our current WR corps.
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 02-09-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Idahojim (Post 9389081)
Chiefs have money to spend. How about Bowe and Maclin. Then Baldwin, Breaston and McCluster and a draft pick? Oh, yeah - and a QB to throw to them. Gotta like that!

would have to trade for Maclin
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief 02-09-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9389247)
would have to trade for Maclin
Posted via Mobile Device

And give him a big contract.

I'd rather draft a receiver.

mcaj22 02-09-2013 12:27 PM

Baldwin - cant run routes, cant even separate from 5'9'' CBs half his size that jam him at the line. No team is even afraid to gameplan for this guy or give him any respect until he starts having big games

McCluster - he's so bad that he is a turnover liability every time he touches the ball. one of the highest touch per turnover ratios in the league and there is no way you can blame that on the bad QB. the ball is already in his hands and he's just too delicate. Was suppose to be similar to Darren Sproles and he's not even close to that type of player. They should have just signed Sproles that night of FA when they tried to meet with him at midnight rather than going this route

that's the problem with these two. I dont know if good or new coaching fixes that. But this FO will evaluate it and if you see them draft or sign any "decent" WR then you know the gig is up on at least one of them as a lost cause, cause they will get buried on the depth chart.

I can see Breaston/Bowe easily playing a veteran WR on this team similar to Donald Driver or Greg Jennings. We clearly need a speedy James Jones/Jordy Nelson/Randall Cobb type. And we have NOTHING close to any of their skillsets with these current WRs.

Rausch 02-09-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9389316)

I can see Breaston/Bowe easily playing a veteran WR on this team similar to Donald Driver or Greg Jennings. We clearly need a speedy James Jones/Jordy Nelson/Randall Cobb type. And we have NOTHING close to any of their skillsets with these current WRs.

He's a clear and solid no 2.

Period.

He had a year of his life wasted by an Al Davis type....

mcaj22 02-09-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9389368)
He's a clear and solid no 2.

Period.

He had a year of his life wasted by an Al Davis type....

hes actually a solid #3.

Rausch 02-09-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9389390)
hes actually a solid #3.

He wasn't a slot guy until he played it under Haley.

Before that he was a no 2....