ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ****Official 2014 Alt-Mock Draft Game Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282938)

chiefscafan 04-11-2014 12:25 PM

He'll never fall that far

RealSNR 04-11-2014 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10555492)
Yeah, if they went anywhere but QB with the draft turning out this way, it would be a huge surprise. However, there have been reports that they're looking at taking another OT in the top 5 even though they took Joeckle last year already. Apparently they really want to improve in the trenches, lol.

That would be unbelievable if true. Why did they trade Eugene Monroe?

blazzin311 04-11-2014 12:27 PM

Well, lets see....the Vikings have all sorts of problems and holes to fill at this point. While they would have loved to have Drafted one of the Top 3 QBs on the Board, there isn't another QB in my opinion, worth taking in the First Round. So the Vikings must look elsewhere. The can definitely use help on the Defensive side of things. The two Primary Key Areas they were lacking on Defense last Season were in their Secondary, and also their Linebackers.

So after some Consideration, the Minnesota Vikings select, C.J. Mosley, LB, Alabama....Mosley would certainly be an Upgrade over the Trio of Players the Vikings had last Season at that Position. He is Fast, Smart, and a Good Tackler, leading Bama' in both Tackles and Tackles for Loss in 2013. He's arguably, the best Open Field Tackler at the Linebacker Position in the Draft, which is something the Vikings Linebackers have had serious issues with the past few Seasons. Mosley also has the versatility to play Inside or Outside in the Vikings Scheme. The only real knock on the guy is his Durability Concerns. He was banged up on and off during his Time at Bama', yet he still only missed about 3 Games in his Collegiate Career.

The Franchise 04-11-2014 12:32 PM

Greg Robinson and Jake Matthews still being on the board make this a tough selection but Cordy Glenn is a damn good LT and I'm not drafting a ****ing RT at #7. Evans would have been the pick but I believe in a WR group of Stevie Johnson, Robert Woods, Mike Williams and Marquise Goodwin. I'm going to add a different type of playmaker for E.J. Manuel though.

The Buffalo Bills select Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina.

http://sinfl.files.wordpress.com/201...pg?w=600&h=425

OldSchool 04-11-2014 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10555857)
That would be unbelievable if true. Why did they trade Eugene Monroe?

No clue man. Just read about them possible taking another OT in the 1st because they are "serious about becoming dominant in the trenches". If Watkins and Clowney are gone, I would not be surprised.

OldSchool 04-11-2014 12:36 PM

Lions, Titans, Giants, and Rams are going to jizz themselves if the draft fell this way.

The Franchise 04-11-2014 12:40 PM

I thought about taking Robinson for a second just because he'd be a beast of a RT....but **** man....I absolutely hate wasting a top 10 pick on a RT.

OldSchool 04-11-2014 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10555903)
I thought about taking Robinson for a second just because he'd be a beast of a RT....but **** man....I absolutely hate wasting a top 10 pick on a RT.

Haha, I would have taken Robinson in a heartbeat. Nothing helps a young QB more than extra time in the pocket. Plus, Robinson would make Spiller a very happy RB.

Chief Roundup 04-11-2014 01:44 PM

PMed OldSchool my picks because I have to step out for a couple of hours.

OldSchool 04-11-2014 01:46 PM

Hopefully it won't take this long but Crow is OTC until 11:32 AM PST tomorrow.

Chief Roundup 04-11-2014 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10556053)
Hopefully it won't take this long but Crow is OTC until 11:32 AM PST tomorrow.

Well I made it back before him. Yeah....boo this is going slow...Q the anticipation song.

Discuss Thrower 04-11-2014 03:48 PM

I don't know how long we're drafting for, but does it stand to reason that we can kind of space out the "rounds" a bit.. As in let all participants know that rounds 3-4 will take place Thursday-Friday of next week for example?

The Franchise 04-11-2014 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 10556332)
I don't know how long we're drafting for, but does it stand to reason that we can kind of space out the "rounds" a bit.. As in let all participants know that rounds 3-4 will take place Thursday-Friday of next week for example?

Just from experience.....that's impossible. People get busy, emergencies occur and some people are on different schedules.

Sfeihc 04-11-2014 06:01 PM

Who knows if all these folks even have their PMs turned on to receive them?

kccrow 04-11-2014 06:09 PM

The Lions need several upgrades in their secondary, and to me that starts with obtaining a #1 Corner. The Lions select,

Justin Gilbert - CB - Oklahoma State

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townn...review-300.jpg