ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   The Broncos know how to do their shit... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=159464)

ceebz 03-08-2007 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John
There's no way we're giving up BOTH Bly and Wilson. The last deal I heard involved Bly and some draft picks.

My point was, I don't care what you package with either player; neither is worth the #6 overall pick.

ceebz 03-08-2007 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief
If the Broncos trade Al Wilson they're reeruned.

Actually, this is the year you do trade him. He's had two injury-plagued, mediocre seasons in a row. He's definitely on the downswing of his career.

morphius 03-08-2007 09:46 AM

I don't know, it seems they are relying more and more on FA every year, which gets to be a slippery slope.

vailpass 03-08-2007 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief
If the Broncos trade Al Wilson they're reeruned.

Damn straight. It pisses me off to even hear it mentioned.

vailpass 03-08-2007 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief
For all the pole smoking over how Denver runs their organization, I think it deserves mention that all it has produced is a 2000s version of the 90s Chiefs.

Since Elway left, Shanahan the has been Carl/Marty redux.

The difference is the Broncos keep taking shots at it, working to get it right. One of these times it's gonna' hit.
You can't win if you don't play and there is not a whole lot of play out of Carl and company year in and year out.

shaneo69 03-08-2007 09:51 AM

Why in the hell would the Skins want Dre Bly? They already had Springs and Carlos Rogers, and didn't they just re-sign Fred Smoot? Jeez, how many CB's do they need?

vailpass 03-08-2007 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaneo69
Why in the hell would the Skins want Dre Bly? They already had Springs and Carlos Rogers, and didn't they just re-sign Fred Smoot? Jeez, how many CB's do they need?

Snyder is weirdly obsessive. It makes for a great trading partner.

shaneo69 03-08-2007 09:54 AM

Bly doesn't want to play for the Broncos. And the Redskins don't really need a CB. Snyder should be holding the Broncos hostage right about now. The Broncos have no leverage here.

Mile High Mania 03-08-2007 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius
I don't know, it seems they are relying more and more on FA every year, which gets to be a slippery slope.

Well, that happens when you completely tank a draft like the one from 2003. That was just an unfortunate year... and 2004 wasn't much better. 2005 was looking good (aside from the failed MC experiment), but then we lost Williams this year. Too early to judge 2006 at this point.

Hell, if you look back over the last 6 drafts ... there's not much left on the team that is going into 2007. So, their recent draft history has sucked from a "building for the future" point of view.

htismaqe 03-08-2007 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass
The difference is the Broncos keep taking shots at it, working to get it right. One of these times it's gonna' hit.
You can't win if you don't play and there is not a whole lot of play out of Carl and company year in and year out.

The Chiefs have been plenty active so far...

Mile High Mania 03-08-2007 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaneo69
Bly doesn't want to play for the Broncos. And the Redskins don't really need a CB. Snyder should be holding the Broncos hostage right about now. The Broncos have no leverage here.

True, but Shanahan has some sorta jedi mind trick that he uses on Danny...

htismaqe 03-08-2007 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania
True, but Shanahan has some sorta jedi mind trick that he uses on Danny...

Collusion.

shaneo69 03-08-2007 09:57 AM

And I'm guessing that with the 20th pick that the Skins get from the Broncos in exchange for the 6th pick, Washington will grab another QB like Kevin Kolb.

Mile High Mania 03-08-2007 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
Collusion.

That's such an insane comment. What is WAS gaining by getting screwed over?

Steve Sewell 03-08-2007 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler
If this is true I am jealous and I think Clark should steal Shanahan away from the Donkeys for insane amount of money to run the Chiefs.

How would you guys be able to live with yourselves...you'd have a dirty blocking scheme, salary cap violations, vaseline, the NFL in your back pocket...all the things that you guys supposedly despise.