ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Questions re: a possible move to KC area (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=311380)

BWillie 11-07-2017 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 13204996)
:eek::eek::eek:

Damn it's cheap in the midwest!

Cost of living in Phoenix and Kansas City is quite comparable.

http://www.bankrate.com/calculators/...alculator.aspx

Only a 1.91% difference.

Prison Bitch 11-07-2017 12:31 PM

Wait u have a baby but no ring?

U need to hang out on the Claynus dating mega thread bonanza

Valiant 11-07-2017 12:33 PM

Independence fort Osage area would get you all of that.

cooper barrett 11-07-2017 12:55 PM

Really, that's great idea, I wish I would have thought of that...

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13205008)
291 and Truman rd, 24 hiway area would be a good start

I redid lot of houses in that area. just looked Still over $1K

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 13205029)
Independence fort Osage area would get you all of that.

mnchiefsguy 11-07-2017 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 13204747)
We're not to the point where we're ready to buy yet, though.

We live in Raytown just a couple of minutes from 470. Our mortgage is about 400 bucks cheaper than what houses are renting for in our area.

Most houses fitting your description seem to be between 1000 and 1300 a month for rent.

Our neighborhood is older, but it is quiet and has lots of nice trees :). Lots of houses in our area are of the 3br 2bath variety, most with two car garages.

Zillow does say it is a buyers market for KC, so maybe that will help push rent prices lower as more people look to buy.

Good Luck!

19now11 11-07-2017 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 13204640)
Let's say that the boyfriend and I decided to move to the KC area. We're pretty limited on budget, so we're not looking for someplace fancy. Would absolutely love to have 3br, 2ba, and a fenced yard. A two car garage would be great, but, for our price range, I'm noticing most only have one car garages.

Anyway, I'm on sights like trulia and zillow looking around. What are some good local companies that would have houses for rent? Also, even on a limited budget, I know there are areas that we'll want to avoid. Would love something in the 470/435 area.

Not sure on a time frame, but, if it's not this Spring, then it will probably be next Spring.

And, not sure if you guys would know, but we'd also be looking for a good daycare in that area.

Any suggestions for my info gathering?

dont move to kc. they hate transplants. me and sandy found out the hard way.

cooper barrett 11-07-2017 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19now11 (Post 13205136)

What did you do? Move to OP? ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Have you met "our" Sandy yet?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/searc...nduser&u=23835

luv 11-07-2017 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 13205024)
Wait u have a baby but no ring?

U need to hang out on the Claynus dating mega thread bonanza

With my baby daddy. Thanks, though.

tooge 11-07-2017 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19now11 (Post 13205136)

**** off! Go back to where you came from:)

BryanBusby 11-07-2017 04:21 PM

You'd be best off looking somewhere that's a ways out.

With that budget, you're not going to get a very desirable area. If you're willing to settle for something like Oak Grove, Peculiar or Butler you can get what you're looking for in your price range and a safer area.

stevieray 11-07-2017 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 13205185)
With my baby daddy.

... kind of disrespectful to your boyfriend.

good luck in your search.

sedated 11-07-2017 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13205384)

With that budget, you're not going to get a very desirable area. If you're willing to settle for something like Oak Grove, Peculiar or Butler you can get what you're looking for in your price range and a safer area.

This is what I was thinking. In places I've looked you couldn't get a 2BR for under $1000, much less a 3BR with a yard.

cooper barrett 11-07-2017 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13205384)

your not going to find that in Pec, rentals are high 2 bd 2 bath $1050 duplex

3 bedroom trailer $900 mo house $1150 Belton

duncan_idaho 11-07-2017 08:35 PM

You might look in the Red Bridge area (south of 435, north of 135th street, between state line to west and Holmes to east).

There's a variety of stuff there, and it's a pretty nice/safe area (unless you were a 50-year-old white man walking a dog along Indian Creek).

My wife grew up in that neighborhood, which is pretty nice and has good elementary schools.

My brother in law lives just north of 435, at 99th and Wornall. It's a nice little family neighborhood and the homes are reasonable to buy, so renting shouldn't be bad if you can find a spot. I'd look west of wornall, south of 85th.

As far as daycare, we go to a place called Punkin Patch. Love it! My twins (who just turned 2) have a blast, they're willing to do daily rates, and the people are sweet and caring. It's a well run, not for profit that's an outreach of the Baptist church (though not religiously affiliated).

Best of luck in the search and move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cooper barrett 11-07-2017 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 13205745)
You might look in the Red Bridge area (south of 435, north of 135th street, between state line to west and Holmes to east). I didn't see anything except to the east in terrace lakes and it fits the bill if you're not picky. It's been the market for 30 days:hmmm::hmmm::hmmm: $1000
https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_ren...54_rect/14_zm/

There's a variety of stuff there, and it's a pretty nice/safe area (unless you were a 50-year-old white man walking a dog along Indian Creek). Like the KCPD will solve a bar owner's death....

My wife grew up in that neighborhood, which is pretty nice and has good elementary schools.

My brother in law lives just north of 435, at 99th and Wornall. It's a nice little family neighborhood and the homes are reasonable to buy, so renting shouldn't be bad if you can find a spot. I'd look west of wornall, south of 85th. Everything there except a dump are all over $1K

As far as daycare, we go to a place called Punkin Patch. Love it! My twins (who just turned 2) have a blast, they're willing to do daily rates, and the people are sweet and caring. It's a well run, not for profit that's an outreach of the Baptist church (though not religiously affiliated).

Best of luck in the search and move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the area of SKC which while mixed is decent and under$1K

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_ren...32_rect/12_zm/

Further south, 2-3 bed 2 baths are scare for under $1K

Checking the metro there are only a few "listed" houses for under $!K and if you don't want to be in high rental areas ( not that I don't like mixed areas) you're going to have to go up near $1100. and you're still not in the nicer areas.

https://kansascity.craigslist.org/ap...356109480.html

I am afraid you're going to need to consider 2 bedrooms and 1 or 1 1/2 baths and plan on $1K for that.:(:(:(:(