ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Spinoff: What was the last Chiefs game you missed? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=236401)

prhom 11-06-2010 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 7149028)
Am I the only one that keeps a Chiefs game on my DVR at ALL times throughout the year? Currently I have the JAX and Buffalo games on there.

I was saving the Broncos-Chiefs game (in Denver) to re-watch at a later date. My brother and I had been there and had a great time, but wanted to watch see the game from the TV camara perspective. I was pissed when I went to watch it, only to find that my wife had stopped the recording at about midway thru the 2nd because "Bridezillas" was on at the same time. I couldn't relive the second half of victory like I'd planned and was very sad.

Buck 11-06-2010 03:48 AM

2004, I worked every Sunday during the season except a couple, so I listened to them all on Radio. Before that, there were some blackouts in 2003.

Baby Lee 11-06-2010 05:07 AM

Somewhere around 1989 - Not all seen live, but all seen.

tonyetony 11-06-2010 05:12 AM

The January 2004 Colts Vs Chiefs playoff game also known as the no punt game because I was marlin fishing in Cabo. I had my Dad record it for me on VHS but I never bothered watching it.

Rukdafaidas 11-06-2010 05:16 AM

The Colts game, October 31st 2004. It was during the visitation for my brother.
I asked all of my friends that came in what the score was. My brother would have understood, he was a huge Chiefs fan.

Micjones 11-06-2010 05:18 AM

I can't remember the last full game I missed by television AND radio.
It's been a long time.

I overslept last season and didn't tune in to a game until the 3rd Quarter though.
That's always my biggest fear.

I'm weird about Chiefs games. I try to stay up really late so I can wake up just moments before kickoff. Not always the best strategy.

michaelj_58 11-06-2010 05:33 AM

last year during deer season

Warrior5 11-06-2010 06:02 AM

I missed a bunch of Chiefs games in '02 and '03.

Some would say it's Bush's fault, but I blame Saddam.

Hog's Gone Fishin 11-06-2010 07:02 AM

I haven't missed a Chiefs game in at least 15 years. I've let piglets go without heat. I've let market hogs go without feed ,I've left employees hung in an auger, I've let my prize Boar get Blue balls all in the honor of Chiefs fandom. If my wife was choking on a slab of steak she's just shit out of luck until halftime or the game ends.

Wyndex 11-06-2010 07:35 AM

Back when I was 19 I had a job at a Halloween store, Spirit to be specific...on 91st and Metcalf. I needed the extra money to pay off school fees. I was working weekends only :(. Well on a Sunday I took my mp3 player in because I could listen to the radio as well. I was listening and was told to take it off by the manager so I did, then I realized a great way to listen to the game while there...I would volunteer to dress up and stand on Metcalf holding the 'SPIRIT HALLOWEEN STORE --->' sign. So I did. However I am a pretty large guy, 6'4 and at the time I was probably 250...so I found out the only Halloween costume that fit me was the banana costume.

Much to my dismay I had already volunteered and I figured the hell with it, i'll be listening to the game. I lasted 5 minutes on Metcalf before the embarrassment was too much. I started walking back to the store and while walking past Borders I saw they had a tv in there, a tv with the game on...so for the next 2 hours I was dressed as a huge banana sitting inside Borders watching the Chiefs game.

Moral of the story?

DON'T MISS A ****ING CHIEFS GAME

Bugeater 11-06-2010 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 7149149)
I wish I had missed that game. I was there for that travesty.

To this day, I am still not sure what exactly happened in that game. All I know is that it wasn't good.

Marcellus 11-06-2010 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 7149028)
Am I the only one that keeps a Chiefs game on my DVR at ALL times throughout the year? Currently I have the JAX and Buffalo games on there.

Nope I have all of this years wins still on DVR.

I can't remember the last Chief's game I missed. 2001 maybe?

KC Jones 11-06-2010 08:26 AM

The last couple of years I've missed several games. Simply not worth wasting 3.5 hours of my weekend and not being with my family to go to a sports bar and watch a 2-14 team. Each year started out the same, watching every game but by mid-season in a terrible year I don't go out of my way to watch it. Instead we might spend a weekend camping and hiking or skiing.

Jack 11-06-2010 08:28 AM

I can't remember that far back but I think it was in the late '50s; 1959, maybe 1958.

runnercyclist 11-06-2010 08:29 AM