ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Reid would have went for two (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=286724)

Discuss Thrower 09-20-2014 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 10930951)
Vermeil would have went for two.

Only if the chart says to.

Marcellus 09-20-2014 01:23 PM

With the way the OT scoring rules work now, I don't think going for 2 would have been the best bet.

That puts it all on 1 play where as in OT you have a 50% chance of getting the ball first or have to hold Denver to a FG or less to get the ball back with a chance to score.

That's 1 play make or break it vs 3 other favorable possibilities.

007 09-20-2014 01:35 PM

There is no way Andy was going to go for 2. Not a chance.

Fat Elvis 09-20-2014 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 10930599)
No flipping way would he have gone for two when he didn't go for it on 4th and a foot from near midfield when the offense was moving the ball. No way.

You read my mind.

Mennonite 09-20-2014 02:19 PM

Are we sure he wasn't responding to a question about that new "Horse Collar" kielbasa that they are selling at Lambeau Field?

Mr. Laz 09-20-2014 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 10930770)
Why would they not use the TO to set that play up AFTER they scored a TD? What purpose would it make to call a TO to design the next next play?

because you don't want to give the defense time to get ready for a 2-pt conversion.

you score and immediately run the 2 point play

Mr. Laz 09-20-2014 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconic (Post 10930816)
Neither option is ideal, I'm simply picking the one that maximizes our odds of winning. You can either pick option A in which you run one play and have virtually no margin of error, or option B where there is a greater margin of error and nothing is finite.

Considering our offense, B makes more sense.

but going for 2 means our team only has to win on a single play for 2 yards

OT means our offense has to win for a scoring drive and our defense has to win to stop a scoring drive .... on the road.

One penalty on offense in OT and we are ****ed.

One big passing play against our defense and we are ****ed.

When your team isn't as good, and on the road, you go for the quick,shock win and then run for the bus.

Whether or not Reid has the ballz to do it is another matter.

Reerun_KC 09-20-2014 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10930556)
He wasn't going for 2. Fat Andy is one of the most terrified coaches I've ever seen. He kicked FG on 4th & goal at the 1 in both Denver and Indy last year. It's laughable he'd pull this act when we all know it's totally false

This. Candy Reid is a coward.

mdchiefsfan 09-20-2014 03:47 PM

Probably had no trust in Santos to make the extra point.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-20-2014 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 10931575)
This. Candy Reid is a coward.

:hmmm: LMAO

Prison Bitch 09-20-2014 05:52 PM

He wouldn't go for 1 yard last year in Denver from the one, and didn't go for it this year in Denver near midfield. But he's going to try from the 3???? Fat Andy is a coward yes, but I didn't know he's also a liar

Hammock Parties 09-20-2014 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 10931575)
Candy Reid

http://i.imgur.com/xEqrQiw.jpg

Prison Bitch 09-20-2014 06:02 PM

That m&m should be yellow

Chiefshrink 09-20-2014 06:23 PM

I get everyone's criticism about Reid's past history. I think it's a big tell about how he views this team, this season, and the Broncos in their own house. Nothing to lose because he knows it's going to be a looooooong season and if he gets lucky on the 2ptr what better way to enjoy a loooooong season. And he doesn't want to go into overtime against Manning in his house playing and hanging on literal threads at that point. If the 2ptr fails the criticism will be light due to so many injuries.

No way Reid attempts this IF he has healthy team is all I'm saying.;)

listopencil 09-20-2014 06:42 PM

I'm sure it probably has happened other times, but right off the top of my head I only remember Shanny pulling shit like this against San Diego. I'm thinking it was when Cutler fumbled the ball and Ed Hochulli called it an incomplete pass. We ended up getting a TD on that drive at the end of the game. I was sweating it because it looked like we were barely going to tie it up and then see what we could do. Then they go out there and go for two points. I was yelling and bitching in full force and it went something like, 'What the **** are you doing you senile old piece of shit mother****er we just had the game practically handed to us on a blown call and you stupid ****ing cock gobbler you're going to piss it away with a ****ing...oh...shit...they ****ing made it. Holy shit, he's brilliant."