ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   TEICHER: C Faine, K Brown may visit as soon as today (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=180934)

BigChiefFan 02-29-2008 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 4607299)
No offense, but I don't think that Samuels is "Elite". He certainly wouldn't be an "elite" player with the likes of Nap Harris and an aging Donnie Edwards, let alone our middle d-line troubles.

Additionally, I think that Samuels will get his money and disappear. The guy isn't a young Deion Sanders.

He's more like an Antoine Winfield.

Someone will overpay and thankfully (finally!), it won't be the Chiefs.

Samuels isn't elite? What games are you watching? He's an incredible cover corner. He's also only 27 years old. I don't think he'll make as much as some said he will make. I can see $7-8 mil per year toward the back end, but not $10 mil per year, at the beginning of the contract. It's all in the signing bonus and you can lower a player's cap number per year. It's all in what a team is willing to give UPFRONT. I'd give Samuel $20 million in guaranteed money, EASILY. Give him a 7 year contract and that is only a cap number of less than $3 mil per year in pro-rated bonus money, add a lower salary number and he'll be alot less than what some think.

OnTheWarpath15 02-29-2008 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 4607328)
I'd be in bed right now as well.

I'd sit out the first two weeks of free agency. Easy.

It's the overpriced shopping time.

Of course, everyone here agrees 'cause we all want to go young, right?...

Miami sure didn't overpay for Smiley......

MadMax 02-29-2008 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 4607312)
Steal for the Saints.

Glad we're bringing guys in for "visits."

Gives other teams time to make them offers before they get to KC.

Carl's probably in bed right now.

masturbating?

DaneMcCloud 02-29-2008 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 4607329)
Samuels isn't elite? What games are you watching? He's an incredible cover corner. He's also only 27 years old. I don't think he'll make as much as some said he will make. I can see $7-8 mil per year toward the back end, but not $10 mil per year, at the beginning of the contract. It's all in the signing bonus and you can lower a player's cap number per year. It's all in what a team is willing to give UPFRONT. I'd give Samuel $20 million in guaranteed money, EASILY. Give him a 7 year contract and that is only a cap number of less than $3 mil per year in pro-rated bonus money, add a lower salary number and he'll be alot less than what some think.

Sorry Bro, I'm just not seeing it.

The schemes are incredible, as is his front seven.

If Samuels continues at a high level if he changes teams, I'll gladly eat my words.

Somehow, I don't think that will be necessary.

OnTheWarpath15 02-29-2008 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 4607329)

The Nate Clements deal will be a STARTING POINT.

$22M guaranteed and $10M per for 6-8 years.

Samuels is "elite" because he's surrounded by elite players.

Put him on a team like KC that would expect him to be the savior, and he'll flop miserably......just like Clements did.

DaneMcCloud 02-29-2008 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMax (Post 4607335)
masturbating?

He has his minions for that

Mecca 02-29-2008 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 4607327)
And the sham continues...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...4&postcount=32

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...5&postcount=35

Those 2 posts pretty much lay it out so that's better than me reposting it.

BigChiefFan 02-29-2008 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 4607304)
And they'll be no closer to the Super Bowl for it. And they were a playoff team last year.

Ask the 49ers how those huge contracts to Clements, Banta-Cain and Lewis.

Clements is isn't even close to Samuel's league. Asante Samuel is probably the best CB in the game currently.

doomy3 02-29-2008 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 4607343)
Clements is isn't even close to Samuel's league. Asante Samuel is probably the best CB in the game currently.

Not a chance.

Mecca 02-29-2008 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 4607343)

That's nuts.......Samuel benefits from playing with the front 7 he does, he's a product of his team..

Clements did his thing on a bad team for the most part...someone is gonna overpay for Samuel and realize he isn't as good as he looked in NE.

BigChiefFan 02-29-2008 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 4607336)
Sorry Bro, I'm just not seeing it.

The schemes are incredible, as is his front seven.

If Samuels continues at a high level if he changes teams, I'll gladly eat my words.

Somehow, I don't think that will be necessary.

You take Carlton Gray, I'll take Asante Samuel. Let's see who ends up spending their money better.

Mecca 02-29-2008 12:08 AM

I don't think signing corners is a good idea anyway, it's a position where age shows early and they are extremely expensive...

You're better off drafting them and walking away when their contracts are up.

doomy3 02-29-2008 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 4607351)
You take Carlton Gray, I'll take Asante Samuel. Let's see who ends up spending their money better.

It's not a one for one thing.

You take Samuel.

I will take Bryant Johnson, Faine, and Brown.

OnTheWarpath15 02-29-2008 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 4607355)
It's not a one for one thing.

You take Samuel.

I will take Bryant Johnson, Faine, and Brown.

And STILL have a shitton of money left......

doomy3 02-29-2008 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 4607359)
And STILL have a shitton of money left......

Yep. Could throw some money at a guard and Gay then...