ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs How much do you think the Chiefs pay Mitch Holthus? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267096)

CaliforniaChief 11-26-2012 08:57 PM

Hey, the guy cares. That's pretty impressive considering this pile of shit he has to hype.

I like Mitch.

GoHuge 11-26-2012 10:58 PM

Just do your job Mitch -the doofus. In your 17 years this team has been dogshit and the schtick is old and tired.

BossChief 11-26-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9155093)
I'll bet he's at 3 or 400k plus appearance fees at events.

That's what I'm thinking. Not only has he done the radio voice, but he hosts a show and does a lot of other team related stuff.

I bet he started out making about 100-150k but is over 300k by now.

BossChief 11-26-2012 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoHuge (Post 9155629)
Just do your job Mitch -the doofus. In your 17 years this team has been dogshit and the schtick is old and tired.

Ummmm what part of HE IS DOING HIS JOB don't you understand?

KCinNY 11-27-2012 12:10 AM

Top flight radio play-by-play guy. Gives listeners precise offensive formations and defensive looks(showing blitz, two deep safeties, corners are five yards off, etc.) while using very few words. Articulate and descriptive during each play and always gives yards gained and new down and distance.

Many announcers forget to do that and don't even bother telling the listener how the teams are lined up before the play(that douche Mike Kelly at Mizzou comes to mind).

Mitch is great for a listener who isn't watching on tv.

Dude's a pro. He's paid to be a public cheerleader and that's exactly what he does. I'm sure that if you were hanging out having a beer with him, he'd be as critical of Pioli and RAC as any reasonable Chiefs fan.

morphius 11-27-2012 12:20 AM

Don't have an issue with the guy, but I can never get past the first few seconds of that radio show. Announcing who is all there, and by the time he gets out the forced, "baby", at the end of putting the hammer down I just want to rip out my ear drums and smash them into bits. I'd rather suffer through a room full of people scratching their nails down chalk boards.

Phobia 11-27-2012 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 9155785)
Don't have an issue with the guy, but I can never get past the first few seconds of that radio show. Announcing who is all there, and by the time he gets out the forced, "baby", at the end of putting the hammer down I just want to rip out my ear drums and smash them into bits. I'd rather suffer through a room full of people scratching their nails down chalk boards.

If he didn't recognize his frequent guests, he wouldn't draw so many true Chiefs fans on Monday nights and his appearance fee would dwindle into gas money, cheeseburger, and an iced tea. If he has 100 superfans following him around to an area restaurant every Monday night, they're going to stay, watch MNF, and drop $20-50 per person.

morphius 11-27-2012 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9155792)
If he didn't recognize his frequent guests, he wouldn't draw so many true Chiefs fans on Monday nights and his appearance fee would dwindle into gas money, cheeseburger, and an iced tea. If he has 100 superfans following him around to an area restaurant every Monday night, they're going to stay, watch MNF, and drop $20-50 per person.

Yeah, it is really the canned stuff that gets me. I get that he has to name the guests, and is trying to get them excited, but damn, put the hammer away and do something that doesn't sounds so forced or out of character.

munkey 11-27-2012 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCinNY (Post 9155768)
Top flight radio play-by-play guy. Gives listeners precise offensive formations and defensive looks(showing blitz, two deep safeties, corners are five yards off, etc.) while using very few words. Articulate and descriptive during each play and always gives yards gained and new down and distance.

Many announcers forget to do that and don't even bother telling the listener how the teams are lined up before the play(that douche Mike Kelly at Mizzou comes to mind).

Mitch is great for a listener who isn't watching on tv.

Dude's a pro. He's paid to be a public cheerleader and that's exactly what he does. I'm sure that if you were hanging out having a beer with him, he'd be as critical of Pioli and RAC as any reasonable Chiefs fan.

This...Mitch is a rare individual and true fan of the Chiefs. Even though I don't see him often he always remembers my name and where I'm from.

kcxiv 11-27-2012 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9154999)
Id drink Pioli's "sweet nectar" for a milly or two.

no doubt about it, hell, even 200k a year, He's been doing it for how long now? Thats living real ****ing nice!!

Dream Job no doubt. work for what 5 months a year, then do nothing for 7 come on now.

Micjones 11-27-2012 08:06 AM

Between calling games, Chiefs Live, and the radio show?
He's being paid handsomely.

htismaqe 11-27-2012 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 9155785)

I'm waiting for him to send a shout out to Touchdown Weasel!

htismaqe 11-27-2012 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 9156085)
Between calling games, Chiefs Live, and the radio show?
He's being paid handsomely.

Mitch also does Valley basketball. He's really, really great on the radio.

htismaqe 11-27-2012 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCinNY (Post 9155768)
Top flight radio play-by-play guy.

This.

Saulbadguy 11-27-2012 08:26 AM

He used to do both the K-State and the Chiefs broadcasts.