ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Bernard Pollard-Another former Chief saying the chiefs don't wanna win (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264650)

Micjones 10-04-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8976882)
I've never been a fan of his, and the talent he's around is likely masking his deficiencies, but he's been with 2 organizations since leaving the Chiefs.

Two organizations that are among the best in the NFL.

I'd say he knows a little something about winning, at this point.

He's been on one good team (for one year) since he left.
Come on man.

htismaqe 10-04-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8976900)
His team LOST the AFC Championship game.
Since when do we dole out credit for appearances in post-season games?
Kansas City made an "appearance" in the Wildcard Round two years ago. Nobody bragged about that because we got rolled.

1 playoff victory since leaving Kansas City. 1. That gives him room to disparage Kansas City?

How many "significant" games did he win in Houston? A. None. He's not disparaging the Texans though. Pollard has an ax to grind with Kansas City. I can't understand why you guys can't see that.

Does that mean I'm happy with what Kansas City has done since 2008?
Abso-****ing-lutely not. But that also hasn't been argued.

He's not the only one with an ax to grind. Gee, I wonder why that is? :hmmm:

Chiefnj2 10-04-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

He's not disparaging the Texans though. Pollard has an ax to grind with Kansas City. I can't understand why you guys can't see that.

Did you even listen to the interview? He doesn't have an axe to grind. He's happy as hell to be playing for a first class organization. He isn't bitter or angry in the least bit.

TEX 10-04-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

His team LOST the AFC Championship game.
Since when do we dole out credit for appearances in post-season games?
Kansas City made an "appearance" in the Wildcard Round two years ago. Nobody bragged about that because we got rolled.

1 playoff victory since leaving Kansas City. 1. That gives him room to disparage Kansas City?

How many "significant" games did he win in Houston? A. None. He's not disparaging the Texans though. Pollard has an ax to grind with Kansas City. I can't understand why you guys can't see that.

Does that mean I'm happy with what Kansas City has done since 2008?
Abso-****ing-lutely not. But that also hasn't been argued.

Axe or no axe - he's right.

Micjones 10-04-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8976925)
He's not the only one with an ax to grind. Gee, I wonder why that is? :hmmm:

You're right. Wouldn't have anything to do with being cut.
:rolleyes:

Dave Lane 10-04-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 8976810)
Bernie said that he was offended when Haley used blue language (mf) while coaching him. Coaches do that? Shocking.

**** you Pollard. Offended by the f-word? **** off!!

Chiefnj2 10-04-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8976935)

If Rosie O'Donnell dumps you and then you end up dating Emma Stone, do you have an axe to grind, or are you one happy mother****er?

saphojunkie 10-04-2012 01:48 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/D6xoiI2ttT0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

htismaqe 10-04-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8976935)

I said he's NOT the only one. There's a lot of people out there that have problems with the current regime in KC and some of them have never played in KC.

:hmmm:

COchief 10-04-2012 01:51 PM

Jesus, a three minute plug for some stupid iphone game, do yourself a favor and skip to around 2:45.

Micjones 10-04-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8976926)
Did you even listen to the interview? He doesn't have an axe to grind. He's happy as hell to be playing for a first class organization. He isn't bitter or angry in the least bit.

I did. Most players would've deflected that question.
He took an opportunity to potshot the organization because he's still bitter about being cut (incidentally he mentions being cut).

That's the long and the short of it.

Is this a winning organization? Nope.
Are the Ravens in better position? Yep.

Does 1 playoff win in 3 years constitute bragging rights?

Does he sound bitter currently? No.
Does he sound bitter about the past? Yes.

OnTheWarpath15 10-04-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8976956)
I said he's NOT the only one. There's a lot of people out there that have problems with the current regime in KC and some of them have never played in KC.

Stop making sense.

Micjones 10-04-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8976956)

There are also players who don't, but I suppose the dissenting opinions are more pertinent to the discussion?

saphojunkie 10-04-2012 01:53 PM

Why are people suddenly protective of the Chiefs regime? Pollard, to me, has a very specific point of view:

He came in basically with Flowers, Carr, and Page. He watched as the Chiefs did not hold together their secondary, which was very promising. Pollard has become a very good safety for the Ravens, which is more than I expected from him. I'd LOVE to have him back SS spot, playing next to Berry.

Micjones 10-04-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8976940)
If Rosie O'Donnell dumps you and then you end up dating Emma Stone, do you have an axe to grind, or are you one happy mother****er?

One can be happy with their current situation and still be bitter about the past. If you don't believe that, you've never dated a woman in your life.