ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs at Redskins-PFF Fisher with a great game (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279328)

Chieftain58 12-09-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 10264164)
So PFF grades Fletcher as a -1.2 in bed? How does that work?

Did he snore loud or what?

tk13 12-09-2013 09:17 PM

I've been fighting for Fisher in the Geno thread for a couple weeks now. It's quietly been one of the good things about the 2nd half so far... you can really start to see Fisher's potential. I think there's a legit shot Albert walks and Fisher is our LT next year. He is so athletic in space, and he's handling good pass rushers now. I'm sure he'll still take some lumps but he at least looks like a 1st round talent.

aturnis 12-09-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 10264609)
I've been fighting for Fisher in the Geno thread for a couple weeks now. It's quietly been one of the good things about the 2nd half so far... you can really start to see Fisher's potential. I think there's a legit shot Albert walks and Fisher is our LT next year. He is so athletic in space, and he's handling good pass rushers now. I'm sure he'll still take some lumps but he at least looks like a 1st round talent.

For what it's worth, after Albert went down against Denver, Con Miller lined up against Fisher exclusively the rest of the game. Fisher shut him down.

Fisher has made some great progress this season.

chiefzilla1501 12-09-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 10264609)

The ridiculous expectations put on Fisher and Cooper from the get-go, on Poe last year, on Tyson Jackson a few years ago....

Fans are calling players busts a few months into playing. And yet, we claim that we'll be patient when we draft a young QB...

Chiefs=Champions 12-09-2013 10:44 PM

Fisher will be a HUGE asset in the run game eventually. He's so quick, his pulling ability is great. It's amazing what happened when Schwartz stepped in. He's arguably our best olinemen and has been on the bench a majority of the season..

htismaqe 12-09-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10264711)
The ridiculous expectations put on Fisher and Cooper from the get-go, on Poe last year, on Tyson Jackson a few years ago....

Fans are calling players busts a few months into playing. And yet, we claim that we'll be patient when we draft a young QB...

I'll admit, I've been gone for quite a while, but did you say expectations for COOPER?

Even with him coming back to earth that past couple of weeks, the kid has FAR exceeded any hope people could have had for him when he was acquired.

Hell, he's lucky to even made the field. And he's a freaking starter now. That's not just good, that's AWESOME.

htismaqe 12-09-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 10264680)
For what it's worth, after Albert went down against Denver, Con Miller lined up against Fisher exclusively the rest of the game. Fisher shut him down.

Fisher has made some great progress this season.

I just hope the Chiefs don't move him to LT solely because they feel like they have to justify his draft slot.

If the best configuration is Stephenson at LT and Fisher at RT, KEEP IT THAT WAY. The draft was over in April, it's about winning games now.

chiefzilla1501 12-10-2013 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10264878)
I'll admit, I've been gone for quite a while, but did you say expectations for COOPER?

Even with him coming back to earth that past couple of weeks, the kid has FAR exceeded any hope people could have had for him when he was acquired.

Hell, he's lucky to even made the field. And he's a freaking starter now. That's not just good, that's AWESOME.

The reactions on Cooper haven't been too bad. But there were plenty of people calling for his head because he struggled against San Diego and Denver. I am just talking about CP's pretty unreasonable view about how good rookies should be right away.

Pitt Gorilla 12-10-2013 12:44 AM

As I've noted from the beginning, he will get better with time. He's extremely athletic and intelligent and has the drive to get better. Rookie linemen tend to struggle and he is no different.

penbrook 12-10-2013 01:05 AM

After the season you let Albert walk. Use that money to re sign Smith. Keep Stephenson at LT and Fisher at RT. Re Sign Schwartz and Asamoah only if he will come cheap. Re sign T Jax. Draft a FS. Get a WR in Free Agency.

Saccopoo 12-10-2013 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10264154)
It was also no coincidence that we had one penalty in the game and Branden Albert didn't play.

Bingo.

Saccopoo 12-10-2013 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 10265082)
After the season you let Albert walk. Use that money to re sign Smith. Keep Stephenson at LT and Fisher at RT. Re Sign Schwartz and Asamoah only if he will come cheap. Re sign T Jax. Draft a FS. Get a WR in Free Agency.

I've said repeatedly that if Stephenson stayed in school for his senior season, he might have been the first OT off the board. He was definitely better than Lane Johnson on the same team and his combine measurables were nearly as impressive as Fishers. That being said, I think he's going to be your RT next year with Fisher at LT. Both are extremely athletic with huge frames and excellent feet (something that has plagued Albert his entire career - nonexistent kick step and has to lunge and punch to compensate for it and it results in a lot of false starts and holds - but god forbid people wouldn't stop ****ing defending the guy around here as if he was the second coming of Willie Roaf), but Fisher seems to have a slight edge in his hand work which will probably get him the nod at LT over Don.

penbrook 12-10-2013 02:51 AM

Why fix something if it ain't broke. I would have Stephenson at LT and keep Fisher at RT.

Tribal Warfare 12-10-2013 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10265064)
As I've noted from the beginning, he will get better with time. He's extremely athletic and intelligent and has the drive to get better. Rookie linemen tend to struggle and he is no different.

I also mentioned like Poe Fisher came from a Mid-Major school and now he's adjusting to the speed of the game like Dontari did last season.

warrior 12-10-2013 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ComoLaz (Post 10263475)
Schwartz instead of Asamoah continues make a surprising difference in the Oline.

Fisher has been improving all year, some people just refuse to acknowledge it because they are still pissed we drafted an OT instead of choco-peen.

LMAO