ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Bruno Mars to be Super Bowl XLVIII halftime performer (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275959)

vailpass 09-07-2013 03:41 PM

He has a bad ass born section. Hope they play live.

dallaschiefsfan 09-07-2013 03:42 PM

Never heard of him either. Sorry...but don't have time to listen to the radio endlessly anymore.

dallaschiefsfan 09-07-2013 03:45 PM

It always amazes me that the NFL can screw such a simple thing up. Get a well-known artist that appeals to the masses of your biggest demographic that watches both the SB and the typical regular season games. Practically everyone watches the SB...so why worry about any new demos. Get a band/artist that the typical football fan knows and I might not turn the TV off during the stupid halftime show.

stevieray 09-07-2013 03:45 PM

OMG!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

dannybcaitlyn 09-07-2013 03:49 PM

Don't hate. The guy can flat out sing!

dallaschiefsfan 09-07-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn (Post 9947675)
Don't hate. The guy can flat out sing!

I'm sure he's fine. But I'm not going to watch a dude I don't know. I might watch if it was a band or artist I recognize. He's a nobody to me.

vailpass 09-07-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan (Post 9947678)
I'm sure he's fine. But I'm not going to watch a dude I don't know. I might watch if it was a band or artist I recognize. He's a nobody to me.

He's a squirrelly little bastard, good voice, songs all sound kind of the same. Can dance, killer brass section. Will probably be a good visual show.

Carlota69 09-07-2013 03:59 PM

I use to think Bruno Mars was a suck ass pop POS, until I saw him perform. I was at Iheart a couple of years ago, and that dude tore it up. I still don't care for his music, but he can flat out perform, and he has good pipes. Talented guy for sure.

Having said that, the people who choose the halftime artist are terribly out of touch with the vast majority of football fans. But then again, it is the SB and they aren't necessarily trying to appeal to the main demographic. They don't have to..

ThaVirus 09-07-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan (Post 9947658)
It always amazes me that the NFL can screw such a simple thing up. Get a well-known artist that appeals to the masses of your biggest demographic that watches both the SB and the typical regular season games. Practically everyone watches the SB...so why worry about any new demos. Get a band/artist that the typical football fan knows and I might not turn the TV off during the stupid halftime show.

They're going to have to go in the pop direction to appeal to the largest amount of people and Bruno Mars is pretty damn big right now. You've never even heard of the guy so you're really just bitching to be bitching.

rocknrolla 09-07-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan (Post 9947649)
Never heard of him either. Sorry...but don't have time to listen to the radio endlessly anymore.

This. I couldn't even tell you when the last time I even listened to the radio. Not my kind of music from what I heard here.

TEX 09-07-2013 04:55 PM

Gay

tecumseh 09-07-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9947702)
I use to think Bruno Mars was a suck ass pop POS, until I saw him perform. I was at Iheart a couple of years ago, and that dude tore it up. I still don't care for his music, but he can flat out perform, and he has good pipes. Talented guy for sure.

Having said that, the people who choose the halftime artist are terribly out of touch with the vast majority of football fans. But then again, it is the SB and they aren't necessarily trying to appeal to the main demographic. They don't have to..

Bruno's a good performer and not grossly overexposed like Maroon 5, J.T., Bouncey and others. Kinda suprised they didn't package the show with more "artists". Back to your post Carlotta, who do you think would be a good canidate for the gig?

GloucesterChief 09-07-2013 05:22 PM

I think the Foo Fighters would be a good choice.

Rausch 09-07-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 9947957)
I think the Foo Fighters would be a good choice.

Hell yeah...

chefsos 09-07-2013 05:24 PM

Does anyone know who else was up for the gig? Because I'd bet Mars was chosen because he worked out the best when they all did sound check in that walk-in freezer.