ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Jamaal Charles Vs Adrian Peterson. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279569)

EPodolak 12-16-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10282634)
Take Manning off of Denver and they are a grease fire.

Take Jamaal off of the Chiefs and we are still a very good team.

I wish I could agree with that second part.

chiefzilla1501 12-16-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10282634)
Take Manning off of Denver and they are a grease fire.

Take Jamaal off of the Chiefs and we are still a very good team.

Do you really think so? The Broncos have a solid 1-2 at receiver, one of the best slot receivers in the game, a stud at tight end, and Moreno and Ball are actually having decent seasons. Their defense would probably improve because the offense would be playing a lot less hurry up.

You can't ask how the team would look with Brady Quinn starting over Peyton. The better question is how could non-MVPs like Flacco or Stafford do? How would Matt Ryan or Eli do? I think there are plenty of NFL QBs who would make the Broncos a playoff team. So I disagree that they're a dumpster fire without Peyton.

ThaVirus 12-16-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10284827)
Do you really think so? The Broncos have a solid 1-2 at receiver, one of the best slot receivers in the game, a stud at tight end, and Moreno and Ball are actually having decent seasons. Their defense would probably improve because the offense would be playing a lot less hurry up.

You can't ask how the team would look with Brady Quinn starting over Peyton. The better question is how could non-MVPs like Flacco or Stafford do? How would Matt Ryan or Eli do? I think there are plenty of NFL QBs who would make the Broncos a playoff team. So I disagree that they're a dumpster fire without Peyton.

They have some nice weapons in Demaryius Thomas, Julius Thomas, and Wes Welker as well as a strong interior line.

Take Manning off that team and the pass blocking efficiency of that line, particularly in tackle play, goes down tremendously, in my opinion. A bit of a snow ball effect would ensue spilling over into the run game as well- it just wouldn't be as effective without Manning's presence.

The defense is just burnt ass and ball hair, honestly. It's bad. Really bad.

Red Dawg 12-16-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace Gunner (Post 10281886)
ya, I think you got it wrong -- AP is in Jamaal's class... kind of. Jamaal did his damage with very shitty OL's. AP always had top grade blocking to run with.

What? AP is the standard that all backs are measured against right now. You need to watch a few AP videos on YouTube. He is greatness. JC is getting there.

Brock 12-16-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 10284834)
What? AP is the standard that all backs are measured against right now. You need to watch a few AP videos on YouTube. He is greatness. JC is getting there.

LMAO ap doesn't catch passes. One trick pony.

Red Dawg 12-16-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 10285043)
LMAO ap doesn't catch passes. One trick pony.

He does catch passes but he is not in a Reid offense that throws them fifty yards down the field because his wr suck. Ours suck so we need JC to help in the passing game as well.

beach tribe 12-16-2013 07:17 PM

Charles' YPC puts him above AP IMO.
Peterson has more power....... That's it.

-King- 12-16-2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 10285135)
He does catch passes but he is not in a Reid offense that throws them fifty yards down the field because his wr suck. Ours suck so we need JC to help in the passing game as well.

Even when he wasn't in the Reid offense Charles was a much better receiver than AP.

And it's not like Vikings have had some great WRs during APs career.