ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Free Agency and the Draft: Tracking the AFC West (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282335)

Halfcan 03-18-2014 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 10500212)
The OL lost its three best players. Any way you cut it - it's a step back.

The Oline was average at best most of the season- for whatever reason they never jelled and played a complete game- except maybe against the fade and redskins. To pay out 20 mil to those guys in the coming year to get exactly what you had last year didn't make a lot of sense.

Time for some new blood.

The Franchise 03-18-2014 02:37 PM

Terez A. Paylor ‏@TerezPaylor 33m

Dorsey on Sanders: “I was interested in the player and at the end of the day, the player and agent decided to go to Denver.” #chiefs

Dorsey says this draft is very deep in terms of WRs with skills. #Chiefs

Dorsey on Sanders situation: “I’ve kind of put it in the rearview mirror and I’m moving forward."

Dorsey says he could envision Abdullah or Commings playing at free safety. Says there’s some players in draft that can help there, too.

Dorsey says Walker can play the run but gives you an extra dimension in pass-rush

Dorsey on the starting LT situation: #Chiefs will put the best five OL out there.

Dorsey basically said Mike Catapano is working his butt off and can see him making great strides.

Dorsey on Mays: “He's a real football player. He's mature...a very good communicator. He'll be able to play equally the run and the pass."

Nick Jacobs ‏@Jacobs71 29m

John Dorsey said that contract extensions talks with Alex Smith and Justin Houston are on going.

mcaj22 03-18-2014 02:56 PM

that sounds like a guy that besides the draft really doesn't plan to bring in many veteran FAs between now and August.

Chiefs going to be fielding a lot of inexperience at starters this year.

The Franchise 03-18-2014 03:23 PM

Terez A. Paylor ‏@TerezPaylor 2m

Dorsey on free safety: "One of the reasons we drafted Sanders Commings is we thought he fit that positional skill."

The Franchise 03-19-2014 09:20 AM

Updated for Donald Penn.

kcchiefsus 03-19-2014 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 10500450)
that sounds like a guy that besides the draft really doesn't plan to bring in many veteran FAs between now and August.

Chiefs going to be fielding a lot of inexperience at starters this year.

It sounds like the approach of somebody who knows they aren't going anywhere this year, so might as well see what they have with the young guys. I really have to hope he doesn't have this blind faith in rookies and unproven young players when it really matters and when we might actually have a chance at being a good team. That isn't this year, so I guess it doesn't matter what free agents we sign or don't sign.

Eureka 03-19-2014 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsus (Post 10501793)
It sounds like the approach of somebody who knows they aren't going anywhere this year, so might as well see what they have with the young guys. I really have to hope he doesn't have this blind faith in rookies and unproven young players when it really matters and when we might actually have a chance at being a good team. That isn't this year, so I guess it doesn't matter what free agents we sign or don't sign.

Screw that mentality of "this isn't our year" crap.

To me the chiefs look like a team that are ready to win now. With a little luck, some solid drafting, and an aggressive GM who makes deals, the chiefs can win.

kcchiefsus 03-19-2014 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eureka (Post 10501905)
Screw that mentality of "this isn't our year" crap.

To me the chiefs look like a team that are ready to win now. With a little luck, some solid drafting, and an aggressive GM who makes deals, the chiefs can win.

Well he isn't making deals and isn't being aggressive, and so far he hasn't exactly shown solid drafting. And a little luck? Luck and Chiefs don't belong in the same sentence unless it's a sentence about Andrew Luck stomping the Chiefs asses.

It ain't happening.

The Franchise 03-19-2014 02:53 PM

Updated with Grissom.

Halfcan 03-19-2014 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsus (Post 10501914)
Well he isn't making deals and isn't being aggressive, and so far he hasn't exactly shown solid drafting. And a little luck? Luck and Chiefs don't belong in the same sentence unless it's a sentence about Andrew Luck stomping the Chiefs asses.

It ain't happening.

:hmmm: so being "agressive" is over paying for average players? I like what they are doing-we need some young guns in here. People bitch when we bring in retreads and they bitch when we dont-lol :shake:

The Franchise 03-20-2014 09:19 AM

Updated for Charles Woodson.

The Franchise 03-24-2014 10:44 AM

Updated Lewis, Owens and Schaub.

R8RFAN 03-28-2014 05:19 PM

No Chiefs signings = Dead Thread LMAO

Raiders
Maurice Jones-Drew
CJ Wilson
Resigned Pat Sims

listopencil 03-28-2014 05:41 PM

Knowshon Moreno, RB (Dolphins)