ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Falcons after Gonzalez (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=205780)

milkman 04-12-2009 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 5662025)
If Pioli is signing guys like Zach Thomas and trading for guys like Mike Vrabel, what makes you think he's interested in trading Tony Gonzalez?

It's going to have to be a WOW offer for them to trade Tony Gonzalez...

#55 overall isn't a WOW offer. Sorry drafturbators, it's clear Pioli is trying to build a contender with veteran presence...the Herm Edwards 25 and under only approach isn't the Pioli way. Gonzalez has a reasonable contract and is showing no signs of slowing down...he's not going to be traded IMO.

You mean a veteran presence like Donnie Edwards?

tonyetony 04-12-2009 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam (Post 5662075)
The Chiefs second-rounders are irrelevant. Let's look at how the Pats have done recently:

2000 - RB - J.R. Redmond - Off team
2001 - OT - Matt Light - Pro-Bowler
2002 - WR - Deion Branch - Traded for first round pick in 2006

2003a - DB - Eugene Wilson - Off team
2003b - WR - Bethel Johnson - Off team
2004 - DE - Marquise Hill - Off team
2005 - (no pick)
2006 - WR - Chad Jackson - Off team
2007 - (no pick)
2008 - CB - Terrence Wheatley - Started 6 of 8 games before injury

I noticed the only O-lineman they selected in the second is a pro bowler. You have to think if we trade back into the second that's going to be the pick since o-line is the strength of this draft.

milkman 04-12-2009 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 5662070)
I didn't say he had an opportunity in KC. I'm just saying the opportunity isn't there in Atlanta. That team is still 2 or 3 years away.

That team is loaded with young talent, as well as a nice mix of verteran leaders.

Thay've had years to build that team, and getting Matt Ryan last year to replace vick just gets them closer.

That team is far closer than you imagine.

I think they could legitimately contend this year.

Hootie 04-12-2009 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 5662042)
A contender?

Are you kidding?

Do you actually think that guys like Vrabel, Thomas and yes, Gonzalez are going to be around when this team is truly competitive?

Vrabel and Thomas might have this year left, and Gonzo has said he might play this year and next.

Sorry drafturbator...not happening unless we get a 2nd AND something. Going to have to be a WOW offer...

Hootie 04-12-2009 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 5662097)
That team is loaded with young talent, as well as a nice mix of verteran leaders.

Thay've had years to build that team, and getting Matt Ryan last year to replace vick just gets them closer.

That team is far closer than you imagine.

I think they could legitimately contend this year.

what makes you think we can't win 10 games next year? All we need is a pass rush...the offense will be there.

kstater 04-12-2009 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 5662014)
Tony G = HOF
History of 2nd rd Chiefs picks = can create a new town called Bustville.

Chance that TG is playing when this team makes a run at SB=0
Chance that 2nd rd pic is playing when this team is ready=more than TG.

milkman 04-12-2009 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 5662107)
Sorry drafturbator...not happening unless we get a 2nd AND something. Going to have to be a WOW offer...

Quite frankly, Tony Gonzales is a whiney ass bitch who doesn't fit the Patriot mold, so if that offer is on the table, I have no doubt that Pioli will jump on it.

Crush 04-12-2009 11:14 AM

If that is the case, pack his bags and get him the **** out of town.

I could give two shits about him retiring as a Chief, as long as the team wins a Super Bowl sometime this century. A potential 2nd rounder will contribute more toward that goal than an aging tight end, who only has 1-2 years left, that bitches every other day about being traded.

The era of player loyalty is over. The insignia on the helmet should come before the player, if you want to win a Super Bowl.

OnTheWarpath15 04-12-2009 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 5662107)

Dear God.

No one is going to give up more than that for a 33 year old who plays a periphery position and has stated on numerous occasions that he's only going to play another 1-2 years.

The fact that someone is willing to part with a 2nd is shocking in itself.

milkman 04-12-2009 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 5662112)
what makes you think we can't win 10 games next year? All we need is a pass rush...the offense will be there.

Even with the signing and acquisition of solid vet players like Vrabel, Engram and Thomas, and Cassel, there's still a lot of holes on this team.

Is it possible that the Chiefs could win 10 games?
Sure, though I think 6 wins is more like it.

Are they going to legitimately contend for a SB?

Hell no.

Skip Towne 04-12-2009 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 5662117)
If that is the case, pack his bags and get him the **** out of town.

I could give two shits about him retiring as a Chief, as long as the team wins a Super Bowl sometime this century. A potential 2nd rounder will contribute more toward that goal than an aging tight end, who only has 1-2 years left, that bitches every other day about being traded.

The era of player loyalty is over. The insignia on the helmet should come before the player, if you want to win a Super Bowl.

Agreed. In basketball terms " The name on the front of the jersey > the name on the back"

orange 04-12-2009 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyetony (Post 5662096)
I noticed the only O-lineman they selected in the second is a pro bowler. You have to think if we trade back into the second that's going to be the pick since o-line is the strength of this draft.

According to Mike Lombardi - the source of the ATL/Gonzalez rumor - the Chiefs won't have to go trade into the second to go OL:

If one of the two offensive tackles (Jason Smith and Eugene Monroe) slips to Seattle at No. 4, the Seahawks would make the move and select either one, as Walter Jones is not a sure thing to be healthy at the start of the season. Seattle values character and will remove many players from its board for that reason. Smith and Monroe meet their character qualifications. But I doubt either player makes it to Seattle at four.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...unday-edition/

kstater 04-12-2009 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 5662120)
Dear God.

No one is going to give up more than that for a 33 year old[ who plays a periphery position and has stated on numerous occasions that he's only going to play another 1-2 years.

FYP

chiefs1111 04-12-2009 11:18 AM

As much as I like Tony if the Falcons offer up their 2nd rounder,you have to take that offer.

Hootie 04-12-2009 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 5662120)
Dear God.

No one is going to give up more than that for a 33 year old who plays a periphery position and has stated on numerous occasions that he's only going to play another 1-2 years.

This is why a wannabe like you isn't a GM.

Pioli has NO reason to trade Gonzalez. Matt Cassel is his price acquisition...Tony Gonzalez has shown he's a GREAT option for a QB...he has only gotten better with age. Scott Pioli has shown he wants veterans on the team...Tony Gonzalez is probably the best player on our roster...Tony Gonzalez makes his QB better...we need Matt Cassel to be a franchise QB.

Like I said...the only way Pioli trades TG is for a WOW offer...fortunately, the Chiefs have all of the leverage against the Falcons. If they want Gonzalez, they can give us a 2nd and 5th.

If not, I'm sure Pioli will be ok with a guy who plays the way Tony does on Sunday's...