ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   DJ Hord cancels MU and Notre Dame visit (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=105606)

Saulbadguy 12-02-2004 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcsportsguy
Just wondering where did you get that info. Cool info. Guess i shoudl ask him during class sometime.

Ask him where he is going to school. ;) We didn't say nuthin here!

Actually, I got this information off Scout.com...a college recruiting network.

irishjayhawk 12-03-2004 02:22 PM

scout.com = sweet
rivals.com = cool but not as good as scout (IMO)

Brando 12-03-2004 02:30 PM

Saul,
I was looking over a coaching website earlier today. It's a place for coaches to post resumes and network.
They also list coaching vacancies for all college levels and the pros. They keep a list of possible candidates on there too.
I was on to see what the word on SU was and I noticed that they were looking to get more info on K-State's coaching situation. Not that I usually put too much stock into internet rumors or message boards but this is supposedly a board/tool for coaches done by coaches.
Any chance that Snyder retires or is asked to?
Brando

ChiTown 12-03-2004 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brando
Saul,
I was looking over a coaching website earlier today. It's a place for coaches to post resumes and network.
They also list coaching vacancies for all college levels and the pros. They keep a list of possible candidates on there too.
I was on to see what the word on SU was and I noticed that they were looking to get more info on K-State's coaching situation. Not that I usually put too much stock into internet rumors or message boards but this is supposedly a board/tool for coaches done by coaches.
Any chance that Snyder retires or is asked to?
Brando

I saw that.

Nothing at all to do with Bill Snyder, but it could have something to do with DC Bobby Elliott. There's been various rumors that he might leave for another job/get fired.

Saulbadguy 12-03-2004 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown
I saw that.

Nothing at all to do with Bill Snyder, but it could have something to do with DC Bobby Elliott. There's been various rumors that he might leave for another job/get fired.

I've heard rumors that HCBS is cleaning house and will fire most if not all of the coaching staff.

ChiTown 12-03-2004 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy
I've heard rumors that HCBS is cleaning house and will fire most if not all of the coaching staff.

Don't bite on that bullshite. We might lose 1-2 coaches (might) for various reasons, but HCBS won't be "cleaning house". One losing season since 1993, and the whole Program is going to implode? Nah, we'll be right back on top in 2005. Mark my words.......

Saulbadguy 12-03-2004 04:10 PM

Quote:

Don't bite on that bullshite. We might lose 1-2 coaches (might) for various reasons, but HCBS won't be "cleaning house". One losing season since 1993, and the whole Program is going to implode? Nah, we'll be right back on top in 2005. Mark my words.......

Right now HCBS (from the boards, not the media) is catching alot of flak over Marcus Raines. I'm assuming if everything is true, it will catch up.

ChiTown 12-03-2004 05:12 PM

Quote:

Right now HCBS (from the boards, not the media) is catching alot of flak over Marcus Raines. I'm assuming if everything is true, it will catch up.

I expected nothing less. Marcus Rianes wouldn't be playing sports right now if he weren't a free man that has paid his debt for his deed. He had 4 other known scholarship offers and probably would have had a bunch more by the end of this month. KSU did their background on this kid. He made a mistake as a 17 yr old kid and paid the price. There's no need to make him pay for the rest of his life.

Let's hope we get Josh Portis to verbal this weekend along with Chase Coffman!

Saulbadguy 12-03-2004 05:21 PM

Quote:

I expected nothing less. Marcus Rianes wouldn't be playing sports right now if he weren't a free man that has paid his debt for his deed. He had 4 other known scholarship offers and probably would have had a bunch more by the end of this month. KSU did their background on this kid. He made a mistake as a 17 yr old kid and paid the price. There's no need to make him pay for the rest of his life.

Let's hope we get Josh Portis to verbal this weekend along with Chase Coffman!

Yup..I expect them to make their announcements this weekend. I really really really hope Hord commits soon too...

ChiTown 12-03-2004 05:23 PM

Quote:

Yup..I expect them to make their announcements this weekend. I really really really hope Hord commits soon too...

Acording to some kid in Chat last night, one of DJ's best friends (student, not student athlete) is going to KSU. Apparently, they want to attend the same school together. If we make the right pitch, I think he commit's on Dec 10th. JMO, of course

ChiefsCountry 12-03-2004 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZachKC
Blue Springs got 2nd place in state last year in Big Class basketball. They lost to Poplar Bluff who had Hansbrough.

They were getting thier asses handed to them the whole game. It was awful. In the 4th qtr they brought James in to match up with Hansbrough on the inside and he shut him down. He wouldn't let him do anything on the inside and Hansbrough wasn't quite getting it done with the outside shot.

Blue Springs made a huge comeback led by Mikey White but it wasn't quite enough.

Ahh yes, Hansbrough Quin's mistake. :cuss: Ricky Clemons. Oh yeah and David Lee. Wow Klieza and Lee would have been nice this year.

Saulbadguy 12-04-2004 09:15 AM

Well, Coach Snyder has officially rescinded his schollie offer to Marcus Raines.

Skip Towne 12-04-2004 09:30 AM

Is Snyder still doddering around up there? He's done shot his wad.