ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Will never, EVER, use FedEx again... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282954)

htismaqe 04-12-2014 11:47 AM

Our UPS guy comes when there's a blizzard. Our UPS comes during an ice storm.

Our FedEx guy will mark our packages "undeliverable due to weather" the day after it rains.

**** FedEx.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-12-2014 11:54 AM

My wife broke the screen on her Galaxy S3 a month ago. I sent it off for repair, b/c the digitizer is built into the screen and the repair is a bitch. I dropped the package off, then waited, assuming the 10 business day turnaround. Twelve days later it was finally picked up. Samsung finally gets it, fixes it, and send it back.

My wife signs for the package on Monday, opens it up, and the screen is completely shattered.

Mother**** UPS.

Imon Yourside 04-12-2014 12:02 PM

Buy a PC, backwards compatibility forever...and you can do a few more things with The PC.

srvy 04-12-2014 12:24 PM

YLOD ? I had the 80 gig that went tits up. Turn on light goes green to yellow then red and never starts. Heat issues on the board would get hot the separate when cool. Some guys temp fixed it with a heat gun. I just piled mine in a heap in the box never did anything more.

I have always had good success with FedEx for that matter UPS also. USPS is hit or miss. Sounded more like this is on Sony and there policy not FedEx.

suzzer99 04-12-2014 02:30 PM

UPS is much much worse.

Dave Lane 04-12-2014 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 10557530)
I have found that people that sort of politely freak out on them on their facebook page get fellated and apologies.

This is good to know, if I break up with my girlfriend that there's a ready made source of happiness.

007 04-12-2014 02:39 PM

I really hate how fedex and ups have turned to just ringing the doorbell and then leaving the package on the doorstep or tossing a sticky on your door after only pressing the doorbell once.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-12-2014 02:46 PM

Reighters will be along shortly in defense

Valiant 04-12-2014 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 10558061)
This is good to know, if I break my girlfriend that there's a ready made source of happiness.

fyp

Fishpicker 04-12-2014 05:02 PM

I mailed off some valuable comic books earlier this week. I've kept them in VF/NM condition for 10 years. I took them to UPS so I could use their pack and ship guarantee. They're insured for $100. The lady at the UPS store was treating them roughly as soon as I handed them over. I watched her pack them and she did a sloppy job with nothing other than bubble wrap. I told her that I didn't think bubble wrap by itself was sufficient protection. I then asked her to use cardboard to sandwich the comics. cardboard/comic/cardboard/comic/cardboard and so on. The lady actually told me straight to my face that she didn't have any cardboard in the entire store. I pointed out that she had a mountain of cardboard boxes behind the counter. I even asked If I could buy some cardboard. She asked me to leave the store. On my way out, I said: Okay, you're on the hook for $100.

Sheesh, i would have packed them myself but, in order to utilize the pack and ship guarantee, they have to do the packing.

I called the store the next day and asked to speak to a manager. The same lady picked up the phone. I then asked how I could contact the store owner. the lady on the phone said: Speaking.

Ugh. that cost me $25. I've been tracking the package and it still hasn't been delivered 5 days later. So now I'm wondering, do they even honor their guarantee or will they dispute the claim? (or) Will I have to take this lady to small claims court?

Valiant 04-12-2014 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 10558264)
I mailed off some valuable comic books earlier this week. I've kept them in VF/NM condition for 10 years. I took them to UPS so I could use their pack and ship guarantee. They're insured for $100. The lady at the UPS store was treating them roughly as soon as I handed them over. I watched her pack them and she did a sloppy job with nothing other than bubble wrap. I told her that I didn't think bubble wrap by itself was sufficient protection. I then asked her to use cardboard to sandwich the comics. cardboard/comic/cardboard/comic/cardboard and so on. The lady actually told me straight to my face that she didn't have any cardboard in the entire store. I pointed out that she had a mountain of cardboard boxes behind the counter. I even asked If I could buy some cardboard. She asked me to leave the store. On my way out, I said: Okay, you're on the hook for $100.

Sheesh, i would have packed them myself but, in order to utilize the pack and ship guarantee, they have to do the packing.

I called the store the next day and asked to speak to a manager. The same lady picked up the phone. I then asked how I could contact the store owner. the lady on the phone said: Speaking.

Ugh. that cost me $25. I've been tracking the package and it still hasn't been delivered 5 days later. So now I'm wondering, do they even honor their guarantee or will they dispute the claim? (or) Will I have to take this lady to small claims court?

If you did not take photos of the quality of the comic right in the store before they packed it you are A, ****ed. B wasted the money and ****ed and lastly C, ****ed because your claim will be denied if the receiver says they did not come in your NM condition.

htismaqe 04-12-2014 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 10558051)
UPS is much much worse.

Not here they're not.

We've had zero problems with UPS and we get deliveries daily.

Quite frankly, we haven't had a ton of problems with USPS or DHL either.

FedEx just flat out sucks - more than 50% of our packages with FedEx never arrive on time.

Mr_Tomahawk 04-12-2014 05:24 PM

I hope you get your Nintendo soon.

Oh some people's problems...

dannybcaitlyn 04-12-2014 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10558065)
I really hate how fedex and ups have turned to just ringing the doorbell and then leaving the package on the doorstep or tossing a sticky on your door after only pressing the doorbell once.

How else would they be able to deliver a 150 stops and do 30 pickups in a day?

007 04-12-2014 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn (Post 10558344)
How else would they be able to deliver a 150 stops and do 30 pickups in a day?

Well when they can't even wait a full minute to deliver a signature required package that is kind of irritating. I've answered a door withing a minute of the doorbell and found a slip on my door the the truck about to leave. Had to run out to stop him. it's like they have the slip prefilled before they even ring the bell.