ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Bill Maas says something smart (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266854)

Hog's Gone Fishin 11-20-2012 10:40 AM

I always liked Marty, I'd be happy as hell if he was back to run thing. I know, I'm stuped !

htismaqe 11-20-2012 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9136214)
LOL. Whitlock makes pretty good points.

The idea of Maas advising Clark is pretty scary.

Who knows, maybe Clark is looking for a different avenue to procure some blow...

T-post Tom 11-20-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwhit (Post 9136197)

Maas doesn't want a panel of experts. He wants Clark Hunt to believe Bill Maas is his football family and Bill Maas can save the Chiefs.

Jeezuz.

You worked with Bill, so I'll go with your hypothesis. Do you think Clark Hunt would benefit from Bill's advice?

In your mind, is there anyone (else) from Chiefs' history that Clark should call on for "football" advice?

KCFaninSEA 11-20-2012 11:20 AM

Most people worth a look for a GM job are currently working somewhere else. Probably not a good idea to go and try to raid another organization midseason. The one name I can think of that most consider a good front office guy is Bill Polian.

Cheater5 11-20-2012 11:51 AM

I think people assume too much regarding Clark Hunt and his alleged behind the scenes work to find a GM. No, I don't know people inside the organization, but I have worked at higher level/operational organizations and the assumption is always "they HAVE to know what's going on...the boss must be acutely aware of the problem and is working a solution."

More often than not, he is does not have the accurate read because the very people who need to be removed are helping him define the problem. I say this especially in the case of bosses who are hands off and put a large amount of responsibility for running the show on their subordinates.

I don't think Clark is on the verge of firing anyone. I don't think he's even begun to explore potential GM or HC candidates. On one side he's witnessing a stream of Bloody Sundays, and on the other he's got Pioli telling him the "way ahead" out of this mess...probably throwing RAC under the bus, I'd guess.

My guess is he's just begun seeking counsel outside One Arrowhead Drive with some of his father's old partners. We won't see any movement whatsoever until most likely post-Super Bowl. Just my guess.

T-post Tom 11-20-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCFaninSEA (Post 9136353)
Most people worth a look for a GM job are currently working somewhere else. Probably not a good idea to go and try to raid another organization midseason. The one name I can think of that most consider a good front office guy is Bill Polian.

I've heard Polian mentioned as well as Charley Casserly and Jerry Angelo. Other than that, the choices do seem pretty slim until after the season.

FAX 11-20-2012 11:56 AM

ROFL

Maas went full Dear Abby on this deal. Put a beehive wig on that boy.

FAX

gretnanefan 11-20-2012 12:01 PM

i agree with chiefaholic hunt needs to take his time and have the right people hired, then let the firing begin!

Rausch 11-20-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9136432)
ROFL

Maas went full Dear Abby on this deal. Put a beehive wig on that boy.

FAX

You are what you are and you ain't what you ain't...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/b2ccC4aULow" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jallmon 11-20-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Wow. Maas just basically asked Clark Hunt to hire him as a consultant.

Maas took credit for hiring Marty Schottenheimer. Maas then said his sources told him Pioli would be a bad hire. Then Maas said he identified Mike Tomlin as a head coach before anyone else.

Maas doesn't want a panel of experts. He wants Clark Hunt to believe Bill Maas is his football family and Bill Maas can save the Chiefs.

Jeezuz.

Oh, boy. We can have our very own Matt Millen.

Rausch 11-20-2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Wow. Maas just basically asked Clark Hunt to hire him as a consultant.

Maas took credit for hiring Marty Schottenheimer. Maas then said his sources told him Pioli would be a bad hire. Then Maas said he identified Mike Tomlin as a head coach before anyone else.

Jeezuz.

And during his parade of stupid he did make one good point: Clark, hire some good football people that you trust and lean on them...

dallaschiefsfan 11-20-2012 12:47 PM

Any guy that knows NFL player personnel people - and is NOT looking for a GM job - has the potential to be a decent adviser. I have no clue who that would be...but those are the only types that I want for advising Clark.