ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Point Break (2015) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=292688)

007 05-27-2015 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 11521647)
Exactly.

This is more like Fast & Furious with extreme sports instead of cars.

Hmmm, what would the sequel names be?

Point Break 2
Point Broken
Point 2 Break

Beef Supreme 05-27-2015 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 11522365)
Hmmm, what would the sequel names be?

Point Break 2
Point Broken
Point 2 Break

Triple X
Pointier Break

eDave 05-27-2015 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 11522380)
Triple X
Pointier Break

Lawsuit!

Bowser 05-28-2015 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 11521567)
"UTAH, make it TWO!"

http://i.imgur.com/MNefLfN.gif

Bowser 05-28-2015 09:53 AM

Hopefully this remake will be so god awful, Hollywood will forever decline making reboots of cult classics, thus enshrining the original Point Break as one of the most important movies of all time.

Demonpenz 05-28-2015 10:25 AM

All I know is pb had a hubcap flying off in a car chase. That shit use to be standard, but I haven't seen it in years.

DaneMcCloud 05-28-2015 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11522590)
Hopefully this remake will be so god awful, Hollywood will forever decline making reboots of cult classics, thus enshrining the original Point Break as one of the most important movies of all time.

The Poltergeist remake has already met its production budget, so it'll be a "winner". Yet Tomorrowland, an original film, is failing at the box office and it's unlikely to meet its budget.

Such is the state of the movie business. As much as people complain, it's very difficult to get a big budget original film to work.

Bowser 05-28-2015 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11522677)
The Poltergeist remake has already met its production budget, so it'll be a "winner". Yet Tomorrowland, an original film, is failing at the box office and it's unlikely to meet its budget.

Such is the state of the movie business. As much as people complain, it's very difficult to get a big budget original film to work.

Consumers at move theaters are quite stupid. I heard Tomorrowland isn't bad (great effects and all), but a PG adventure movie from Disney just isn't set up to succeed, particularly new brands. Shame.

I look forward to remakes of Breakfast Club, Weird Science, and Commando with great anticipation.

DaneMcCloud 05-28-2015 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11522732)
I heard Tomorrowland isn't bad (great effects and all), but a PG adventure movie from Disney just isn't set up to succeed, particularly new brands. Shame.

The thing is that it should succeed. It's Brad Bird and George Clooney with a story based on the Disneyland theme park. But the fact that it's struggling proves how difficult it is to get the audience to connect to an unknown property.

I'll be surprised if it doesn't blow up once it's on DVD/Home Video/Netflix/Premium Cable but failures like this at the box office will only remind studios to be careful with original stories in the future.

lawrenceRaider 05-28-2015 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11522746)
The thing is that it should succeed. It's Brad Bird and George Clooney with a story based on the Disneyland theme park. But the fact that it's struggling proves how difficult it is to get the audience to connect to an unknown property.

I'll be surprised if it doesn't blow up once it's on DVD/Home Video/Netflix/Premium Cable but failures like this at the box office will only remind studios to be careful with original stories in the future.

The fact that it looks dull as hell based on the trailers has nothing to do with it. People will see original stuff, if it's done well. Name actors like Clooney will get people to look, but if that Tomorrowland is as bad as the trailers, why watch it?

DaneMcCloud 05-28-2015 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 11522798)
The fact that it looks dull as hell based on the trailers has nothing to do with it. People will see original stuff, if it's done well. Name actors like Clooney will get people to look, but if that Tomorrowland is as bad as the trailers, why watch it?

"Bad" is very subjective

DJ's left nut 05-28-2015 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11522813)
"Bad" is very subjective

This re-make looks subjectively 'bad' to me.

In fact, it looks god-awful. Like, some people involved in it will probably just not work again because of how terrible this movie is.

This move looks 'Blackhat' terrible. That's pretty !@#$ing terrible.

duncan_idaho 05-28-2015 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11522732)
Consumers at move theaters are quite stupid. I heard Tomorrowland isn't bad (great effects and all), but a PG adventure movie from Disney just isn't set up to succeed, particularly new brands. Shame.

I look forward to remakes of Breakfast Club, Weird Science, and Commando with great anticipation.

The only way I could behind a Commando remake is if Alyssa Milano plays the title character and proceeds to murder people topless for two hours.

Otherwise: I'm out!

DaneMcCloud 05-28-2015 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 11522861)
This re-make looks subjectively 'bad' to me.

In fact, it looks god-awful. Like, some people involved in it will probably just not work again because of how terrible this movie is.

This move looks 'Blackhat' terrible. That's pretty !@#$ing terrible.

Knowing the trailer business as I do, I'd never pass judgement on any film in any genre based on 60-120 second snippets.

Mother****erJones 05-28-2015 01:33 PM

Why continue to remake movies? First one was good. It wasn't shitty. Hollywood loves their cash grabs from shitty remakes