ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet Avatar origins (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=286071)

Direckshun 08-30-2014 06:06 AM

Mine came from a series of democratic revolutions that spread across the Middle East. One week, Palestine began their umpteenth struggle for their own country. I changed my avatar in solidarity with them.

I haven't changed it largely because nobody in DC ever gave a shit that I had had a half-dozen other countries' flags in my avatar, but when I changed it to Palestine's, I got a ton of flack for it all of a sudden from the usual suspects.

So I largely kept it as a middle finger, but the struggle in Palestine has simply never died down, so I do keep it as a continuing nugget of solidarity.

Bufkin 08-30-2014 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10862162)
Mine came from a series of democratic revolutions that spread across the Middle East. One week, Palestine began their umpteenth struggle for their own country. I changed my avatar in solidarity with them.

I haven't changed it largely because nobody in DC ever gave a shit that I had had a half-dozen other countries' flags in my avatar, but when I changed it to Palestine's, I got a ton of flack for it all of a sudden from the usual suspects.

So I largely kept it as a middle finger, but the struggle in Palestine has simply never died down, so I do keep it as a continuing nugget of solidarity.

I've never begun to understand it, but it does tells me "wow, this guy is obviously into social justice probably because that flag is probably significant in some way with what is going on in this world today."

loochy 08-30-2014 06:35 AM

Michael Scott, because even though I've seen every episode a gazillion times, Michael Scott amtica still crack me up.

Rausch 08-30-2014 06:43 AM

http://littlegerman.com/

Direckshun 08-30-2014 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bufkin (Post 10862166)
I've never begun to understand it, but it does tells me "wow, this guy is obviously into social justice probably because that flag is probably significant in some way with what is going on in this world today."

That's a better response than what I normally get, which is some ****tard assuming they know what it means and showing their ass over it.

rockymtnchief 08-30-2014 07:02 AM

My old boy Gandy. He never met a human, cat or dog he didn't love. He hated gofers and squirrels and was good at killing them. He always laid next to me quiet and watched Chiefs games. Also, he was shy about people watching him go to the bathroom and always searched for privacy. He got old and slow and didn't move fast enough and the ex-gfs dad backed over him. RIP!

Bufkin 08-30-2014 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockymtnchief (Post 10862191)
My old boy Gandy. He never met a human, cat or dog he didn't love. He hated gofers and squirrels and was good at killing them. He always laid next to me quiet and watched Chiefs games. Also, he was shy about people watching him go to the bathroom and always searched for privacy. He got old and slow and didn't move fast enough and the ex-gfs dad backed over him. RIP!

He sounds like he was a winner! The Chiefs could learn a thing or two from good ol' Gandy. :thumb:

KCUnited 08-30-2014 07:12 AM

The wife and I like to use things like pizza to show our little ones how fun Satan worship can be, so this just kind of stuck.

Bufkin 08-30-2014 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 10862195)
The wife and I like to use things like pizza to show our little ones how fun Satan worship can be, so this just kind of stuck.

That's kind of anti-Semitic of you to say, being that your avatar is a star of David...

stumppy 08-30-2014 07:22 AM

Mine is a pic of my two dogs. Dodger in the foreground and curled up on the bed behind him is Betty, my 18 yr old beagle. She was a hell of a rabbit dog back in her day

WhiteWhale 08-30-2014 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bufkin (Post 10862196)
That's kind of anti-Semitic of you to say, being that your avatar is a star of David...

That's a pentagram, not a star of David.

Star of David has six points.

Bufkin 08-30-2014 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 10862204)
That's a pentagram, not a star of David.

If you're going to be an asshole, do it in another thread please.

By the way, I have a minor in religious history.

Start Croyle 08-30-2014 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bufkin (Post 10861966)
To go along with Flybone's username origin thread, there are certainly a handful of avatars around here that I've often asked about. Baby Lee's avy was the most confusing thing ever for the longest time until I finally asked him about it. Iconic is another one in which I've never gotten a response. Why does Mr. Flopnuts have Mike Holmgren in a chiefs shirt saying "ohhh yeah" as his avatar? All relevant questions that can be answered in this thread!

To start off, my avatar comes from the character "Bufkin", who was made famous in "The Wizard of Oz" starring Audrey Hepburn. He was then reprised as a fable character in the video game "The Wolf Among Us".

Audrey Hepburn wasn't in the Wizard of Oz

WhiteWhale 08-30-2014 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bufkin (Post 10862206)
If you're going to be an asshole, do it in another thread please.

By the way, I have a minor in religious history.

How was that being an asshole?

You accusing someone, unjustifiably, of being anti-semitic is being an asshole.

Bufkin 08-30-2014 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 10862209)
How was that being an asshole?

You accusing someone, unjustifiably, of being anti-semitic is being an asshole.

I am what I eat.