ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Brandon Albert coming up on NFL Network (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271682)

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-02-2013 07:56 AM

I don't think he'll be traded. There's still serviceable LT's on the market. A team would have to give up picks when they a just sign one of the others.

Fritz88 04-02-2013 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9548654)
Not a good speaker on camera, can tell he's nervous.

Says he is in limbo and won't show up for work until he gets an answer about his future. He just wants to know if he'll be traded or if he'll be a Chief. Stated several times he wants to stay a Chief. Doesn't want to move to right tackle but stated he may not have a choice if that's their decision. Asked about last season what happened and was Cassel the problem. He immediately without hesitation said NO. It was all the team not executing.

Says Reid and Dorsey are not communicating their plans to him and wants an answer.

Says he's working out.

I saw the latter part. I thought he held himself well on camera.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefshrink 04-02-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9548537)
This NFL AM sucks. All they ****ing talk about is dancing with the ****ing stars and end zone dances. OMG WHO GIVES A RATS ASS

This is NFL Network's version of "Good A.M America" for the novice mind. I agree they suck.

Chiefshrink 04-02-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9548654)
Says he is in limbo and won't show up for work until he gets an answer about his future.

Says Reid and Dorsey are not communicating their plans to him and wants an answer.

Albert not adapting well to the fact this is a business and becomes 'more of a business' when the attitude continues to sour. He is as good as gone in D/R's mind IF they can find a trading partner 'but' if they cannot; to RT he goes and next year R/D say 'se la ve':thumb:

ChiefMojo 04-02-2013 08:40 AM

Actually makes sense for a team desperate for a quality LT to trade a 2nd for him. Use the Dolphins for example... Would you draft Lane Johnson with a 1st or get Albert for a 2nd? If you have the $$$, then your prepared to make this deal.

Chiefshrink 04-02-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz88 (Post 9548691)
He does not want to be a right tackle. Period.
Posted via Mobile Device

And there's the problem in D/R's mind because apparently they don't think he is a stellar LT of pass blocking for how much Reid wants to throw thus they throw out the idea of being a RT knowing he won't like this and now is trade bait to get their supposed 2nd picks back.

TEX 04-02-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9548817)
Albert not adapting well to the fact this is a business and becomes 'more of a business' when the attitude continues to sour. He is as good as gone in D/R's mind IF they can find a trading partner 'but' if they cannot; to RT he goes and next year R/D say 'se la ve':thumb:

This.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-02-2013 09:34 AM

A lot of millions at stake staying on the Left side

lcarus 04-02-2013 09:37 AM

To emphasize DaKCMans post

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZviYmTMpBXE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BigMeatballDave 04-02-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9548692)
he isn't a good run blocker.

Huh?

KevB 04-02-2013 09:41 AM

Albert in a similar situation as Roger Saffold, the Rams LT last year. They signed Jake Long to play LT, moving Saffold to RT. Jeff Fisher said recently that he's tried to call Saffold, but he won't return anyone's call.

When you feel like you've earned the right to play LT with quality performance, getting "demoted" to RT is a tough pill to swallow. We'd feel the same way if something similar happened in our own lives'.

BigMeatballDave 04-02-2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9548817)

C'est la vie

jd1020 04-02-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9549012)
Albert in a similar situation as Roger Saffold, the Rams LT last year. They signed Jake Long to play LT, moving Saffold to RT. Jeff Fisher said recently that he's tried to call Saffold, but he won't return anyone's call.

When you feel like you've earned the right to play LT with quality performance, getting "demoted" to RT is a tough pill to swallow. We'd feel the same way if something similar happened in our own lives'.

I don't think I'd have a problem with it for $9mil, personally.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-02-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9549008)
Huh?

I think we found mjac's brother/another seed of mecca

KevB 04-02-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9549018)
I don't think I'd have a problem with it for $9mil, personally.

Demotion is demotion. These guys have pride.

And yes, I'd be willing to subdue pride for $9M.