ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Snapping Turtles Be Gansta (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274815)

Chief_For_Life58 07-26-2013 10:45 AM

lol that guy is f'n nuts. that turtle is huge haha

Tombstone RJ 07-26-2013 11:21 AM

I understand it's nature but the owner who is feeding these mice/rats to this--obviously very hungry and probably underfed snapping turtle--needs his head rammed into a wall for animal cruelty.

Fish 07-26-2013 11:22 AM

Animal cruelty? LOL...

Tombstone RJ 07-26-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9835776)
Animal cruelty? LOL...

Here's thier diet:

Snapping turtles are omnivorous in nature, feeding on a wide variety of live prey and also eagerly eating floating aquatic vegetation. In captivity, they feed aggressively on fish, worms, and crayfish, and will eat floating commercial pellets as hatchlings, juveniles, and adults. They eat so well, in fact, that they can become quite overweight in captivity. By not overfeeding them, and by keeping their cage decorations complex and giving them large enclosures, keepers can keep their snappers healthy and happy.

This turtle owner is an asshole.

Donger 07-26-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9835784)
Here's thier diet:

Snapping turtles are omnivorous in nature, feeding on a wide variety of live prey and also eagerly eating floating aquatic vegetation. In captivity, they feed aggressively on fish, worms, and crayfish, and will eat floating commercial pellets as hatchlings, juveniles, and adults. They eat so well, in fact, that they can become quite overweight in captivity. By not overfeeding them, and by keeping their cage decorations complex and giving them large enclosures, keepers can keep their snappers healthy and happy.

I'm pretty sure that rodents can be included in an omnivore's diet.

Fish 07-26-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9835784)
Here's thier diet:

WTF? How is that owner an asshole in any way? Snapping turtles will eat just about anything. First you complain that the turtle is "obviously very hungry and probably underfed", and then provide something that urges owners to not overfeed. And act like it's some gotcha.

I know a bit about snappers, and have kept many of them in stock tanks feeding them up and cleaning them out to eat. You don't really know what you're talking about.

Tombstone RJ 07-26-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9835790)
I'm pretty sure that rodents can be included in an omnivore's diet.

I agree but this type of feeding is being done more for sick entertainment than for anything else. He could feed that turtle an apple, or a dead rodent and it will be fine. Feeding it a live animal and having said animal being ripped apart while still alive is going overboard IMHO. I can understand doing it once just to see it happen, but doing it over and over is a indictment of this owner's own sick mindset.

Jeffrey Dahlmer also tortured animals when he was a kid.

Tombstone RJ 07-26-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9835798)
WTF? How is that owner an asshole in any way? Snapping turtles will eat just about anything. First you complain that the turtle is "obviously very hungry and probably underfed", and then provide something that urges owners to not overfeed. And act like it's some gotcha.

I know a bit about snappers, and have kept many of them in stock tanks feeding them up and cleaning them out to eat. You don't really know what you're talking about.

go **** yourself.

Chief_For_Life58 07-26-2013 11:35 AM

oh ya i agree the guy who made that video is a sick **** haha

Chief_For_Life58 07-26-2013 11:36 AM

still pretty sweet though

ThaVirus 07-26-2013 11:36 AM

I'm not going to cry animal cruelty because they're mice and I don't really give a **** about mice, but the guy filming this shit is obviously a sick bastard.

Fish 07-26-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9835800)
I agree but this type of feeding is being done more for sick entertainment than for anything else. He could feed that turtle an apple, or a dead rodent and it will be fine. Feeding it a live animal and having said animal being ripped apart while still alive is going overboard IMHO. I can understand doing it once just to see it happen, but doing it over and over is a indictment of this owner's own sick mindset.

Do you think that snappers in the wild only eat dead animals? This is exactly what happens in nature.

Many animals in captivity require live food, and won't eat dead food.

Fish 07-26-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9835802)
go **** yourself.

Yeah, go hug cute puppy or something, PETA reerun.

Chief_For_Life58 07-26-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9835802)
go **** yourself.

go watch the 2:45 minute mark of the video. youll love it

Donger 07-26-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9835800)

Oh sure, this is pretty twisted, but I really don't see it any differently than feeding a snake live mice.

Would you still say it's animal cruelty if he was feeding them live crawfish?