ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Will the superfans ever throw in the towl? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=174336)

Donger 11-12-2007 12:15 PM

Anyone else hear Jane's Addiction playing in their minds?

"I'm gonna kick tomorrow."

Mile High Mania 11-12-2007 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by percysnow
... back in the early 90's i would have thrown my TV set out the window and not watched sportscenter for the entire week. . i miss the passion I used to get. .

ROFL Man, I do miss those days, but I hope they don't come back. I was so pissed after watching the Jags upset the Broncos at home during the 96 season playoffs that I kicked the door off a bathroom stall in a very cool sports bar. I immediately left and it took me 3 months before I had the guts to return.

I was pissed for a while and to this day... I still think I'd kick Michael Dean Perry's fat ass square in the nuts for not getting his largeness off the field in time late in the game.

RustShack 11-12-2007 12:27 PM

Go Chiefs!

craneref 11-12-2007 01:14 PM

I have been a CHIEFS fan my entire life, and clearly remember watching them beat the Vikings in SB IV. I remember driving to Arrowhead in the early 80's from college in Salina and still able to get decent seats. I have seen the CHIEFS unable to tackle Walter Payton with what seemed like the entire team and seen them go 13-3. To this day, I STILL have nearly my entire week affected by a CHIEFS win or loss That being said, I can understand the feeling of wanting to give up on the CHIEFS, however, who would have believed that the patriots were to become what they are in the late 90's??

I saw something in the loss yesterday that started giving me some hope. This may be the day we point back to the beginning of a very good NFL QB in Croyle, who never quit taking shots and came SO very close to hitting the big play that changes the game. D. Bowe is already on his way to being a monster and is nice to see that the DB's are already starting to give him a lot of room so he doesn't go deep. Jeff Webb is starting to pay dividends. Last weeks game showed the fire that has been missing in LJ and he would have had a HUGE day agians the Donkeys, IMHO. I think Nueswanger, Taylor and Stallings may have potential to create a good , young offensive line. Allen, Hali, DJ, Page, Pollard, McBride, Tyler are a great start to a tough "D" for years to come. Did we suck yestereday, well at least for 9 seconds we were horrid.

I guess I will just still be considered a blind homer, after 40 plus years of being a CHIEFS fan, I wouldn't have it any other way. GO CHIEFS.

Nzoner 11-12-2007 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craneref
however, who would have believed that the patriots were to become what they are in the late 90's??

I love your passion but unless Clark steps up and finds the passion that Kraft has for his team it's just another dream.

Donger 11-12-2007 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner
I love your passion but unless Clark steps up and finds the passion that Kraft has for his team it's just another dream.

It must suck to be a fan of sports living in Boston.

They've got the Patriots, that baseball team (I think) and their soccer club is going to the championship match for the fourth time in five years, or something.

craneref 11-12-2007 01:23 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the compliment and I do agree with you. But I am not ready for an indictment on Clark Hunt yet, his Father isn't even cold in the grave and it seems some people have forgotten that. I am hoping that Clark has the same passion and wnats to see the team he grew up with become a winning franchise, and by winning I mean trophies with both his fathers and Lombardi's name on them. GO CHIEFS.

kcxiv 11-12-2007 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by percysnow
sadly i feel the same way. . yesterday when the 2 td's happened in 9 secs i kinda just laughed and shook my head, but back in the early 90's i would have thrown my TV set out the window and not watched sportscenter for the entire week. . i miss the passion I used to get. . I hope one day it comes back. . im not sure if it is caused by me maturing and getting older or by the lack of heart I see in the teams personal from management to players. . .
with that said as long as I am alive i will still be a chiefs fan. . i could never root for another team

I think the lack has to do with you knowning deep down its not going to happen. I used to get the same way. Hell, i did even last year, but i just know its not going to happen anytime soon. There is absolutely nothing to be excited about for a Chiefs fan right now.

kcxiv 11-12-2007 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craneref
Thanks for the compliment and I do agree with you. But I am not ready for an indictment on Clark Hunt yet, his Father isn't even cold in the grave and it seems some people have forgotten that. I am hoping that Clark has the same passion and wnats to see the team he grew up with become a winning franchise, and by winning I mean trophies with both his fathers and Lombardi's name on them. GO CHIEFS.

As much as Hunt did for the NFL i think he kind of sat back and didnt do much for the Chiefs. A supposedly historic franchise does not go 37 years without a Superbowl Victory. Our biggest Rivals both have more superbowl wins and appearances.

To much loyalty wont get it done.

xbarretx 11-12-2007 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania
I just think it's kinda odd to think back to DEN@KC last year and see how that ushered in the Cutler era. Then, you see Den@KC this year and it has likely ushered in the Croyle era.

Hmm... what happens in 2008??

yes and we thank you for ushering in the new era :clap:

BigRedChief 11-13-2007 06:07 AM

Quote:

Clark Hunt is the only one that can put pressure on King Carl. But only if he cares about winning a Super Bowl. King Carl has made his family $100's of millions of $'s. Businessmen don't kick men like that to the curb.

Bob Dole 11-13-2007 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish
We are, truly, the Chicago Cubs of the NFL.

That certainly explains 15 points per game.

mikey23545 11-13-2007 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz
To the FDE's, the wierdwolfs, the dude who has a giant arrowhead tatooed on the back of his head, are any of you going to ever throw in the towl on this franchise. There comes a point where you have to ask yourself if it is even worth it. Today i went to work to do some overtime instead of watching the game. I live for chiefs football and sundays but these last couple years I have just supported them because I love the city.

"Fair-weather" is the term you're thinking of.

Mile High Mania 11-13-2007 07:20 AM

I'm not sure why folks are concerned with when those on the more extreme side of the fandom scale might give up? Guys like this are good for every team and every environment and there's obviously something extra they get from being "that guy" on game day.

I think it is good for them to be there during the lean years as well. Sure, one wonders when someone like this may give up, but I don't get the thread.

When are you guys that are giving up going to stop posting on a fan forum?

Chief Faithful 11-13-2007 07:30 AM

I didn't give up in the 70's and 80's so why would I give up now? I still believe Herm has this team on the right path. Just leave Croyle as the starter so we can see if he is part of the answer.