ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Pitt State Thrashes NWMS! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=105207)

Pitt Gorilla 11-30-2004 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat2005
First off I will hand it to you all you did a good job, but lets not forget our first string QB Lamberson was hurt and not playing, so our sophmore who had 1 previous start played. It would have been a much better game if Lamberson was in, its okay we will see you all next year, good luck in the playoffs.

I don't think they did a good job. Pitt played like ass. The blocked punt, back-to-back fumbles by the QB who DIDN'T put up 21 points to lead us back into the game, the fumble on the opening posession on our 20, the interception before half (your pick probably hurt more, though), a less-than-average defense, etc. I honestly don't know how Pitt won, but am glad they did. Race (RB) is the key to that team and will be for the next few years.

beavis 11-30-2004 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla
I don't think they did a good job. Pitt played like ass. The blocked punt, back-to-back fumbles by the QB who DIDN'T put up 21 points to lead us back into the game, the fumble on the opening posession on our 20, the interception before half (your pick probably hurt more, though), a less-than-average defense, etc. I honestly don't know how Pitt won, but am glad they did. Race (RB) is the key to that team and will be for the next few years.

It was pretty sloppy on both sides, which is suprising, considering how well coached they are.

I've never been much on Philpot though. Is that guy like an 8th year senior or what? It seems like he was starting when I was a freshman.

Alton deFlat 12-01-2004 10:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by beavis
I've never been much on Philpot though. Is that guy like an 8th year senior or what? It seems like he was starting when I was a freshman.

ROFL

Philpot redshirted his freshman year, and has started the past four years. He is the better of the two QBs at Pitt. Majors gives them a spark, when they need it (like Saturday), but when the games on the line, I'll take Philpot every single time. He hasn't been named Offensive MVP in the conference the last two years for nothing. Having a 6'5", 254 pound QB has it's advantages.

beavis 12-01-2004 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alton deFlat
ROFL

Philpot redshirted his freshman year, and has started the past four years. He is the better of the two QBs at Pitt. Majors gives them a spark, when they need it (like Saturday), but when the games on the line, I'll take Philpot every single time. He hasn't been named Offensive MVP in the conference the last two years for nothing. Having a 6'5", 254 pound QB has it's advantages.

He's essentially a running back. Dude couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with one of his throws. I know it's an option offense, but calling him a good QB just doesn't make sense.