ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Madden Downloading Site ??? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=107981)

OldTownChief 01-08-2005 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royr17
Ok, gotcha man, Thanks for the help.

Why not just have Grams loan you some money to buy the software?

Miles 01-08-2005 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENDelt260
I'm in the midst of reading "I Am Charlotte Simmons" right now. It's a pretty good book. Nice outsider's view of college life. Been kind of a fun flashback.

I might have to pick that up. Seems odd that its from Tom Wolf...but that just feigning that i know shit about authors.

|Zach| 01-08-2005 03:31 AM

Quote:

By virtue of the fact that I'm not in 6th grade, no.

Just checking. I don't assume anything.

Miles 01-08-2005 03:41 AM

Quote:

I've never actually read any of his other books, but I know of him. Saw his interview on the Daily Show pimping this book, and it sounded interesting. Found myself in the KC airport coming back from Christmas with some time to kill, they had it at the airport bookstore, so I picked it up.

I'm not sure why it would necessarily sound odd that Tom Wolfe wrote it. You're not thinking of the Look Homeward Angel Thomas Wolf, are you? (There's a minor difference in the spelling of their names... but, I forget what it is.) This is the Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test Tom Wolfe.

Yeah it the same guy i was thinking of. The guy that wrote Bonfire of the Vanities. For some reason i thought he had written a bunch of novels, but has only written a few. Just though he was a big name author for some reason and him wrighting about keggers seemed odd.

royr17 01-08-2005 03:47 AM

Ok this thing is gonna take a while ...

teedubya 01-08-2005 03:52 AM

seriously though, can't you tell that royr17 doesnt read much?

Miles 01-08-2005 03:52 AM

Quote:

Writing about keggers is somewhat of an oversimplification.

Basically, he went around to some college campuses to learn how students were living these days. Then, the main character of this novel, Charlotte Simmons, is from a little secluded mountain town. The whole lifestyle of modern college students is as foreign to her as it would've been to him... as the old author dude wandering around campus trying to figure these animals out.

It's really a pretty good read. I'm about halfway through it... would reccommend.

Cool, it sounds pretty interesting. I'll pick up a copy and give it a go.

Rausch 01-08-2005 04:18 AM

Quote:

Well, hey... this thread was a success then. We got someone to read a book! :)

I'll never get employed....

|Zach| 01-08-2005 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ali Chi3fs
seriously though, can't you tell that royr17 doesnt read much?

Never to late to start. I love reading.

Rausch 01-08-2005 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZachKC
Never to late to start. I love reading.

Absolutely.....I started with Uncanny X-MEN 280 and worked my way up...

|Zach| 01-08-2005 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch
Absolutely.....I started with Uncanny X-MEN 280 and worked my way up...

I never got into comic books to much...I remember the first non little kids type books i read that actully took some time to read where a set of books called "Foul Play" they were a lot like the goosebumps books that became so popular a litte later on.

After reading some things like that I made a jump and read the uncut version of the stand...that took me a long long long time in middle school it was about 1,300 pages but I loved it.

Since then I just read things that seem to be all over the board. If I have a small intrest or curiosity I try to find something...

I would reccomend...

<a href="http://www.mcpl.lib.mo.us/readers/series/juv/title.cfm?id=523">"Surely "You're Joking, Mr. Feynman!": Adventures of a Curious Character</a>
It is about a Physicist named Richard Feynman. The guy is a very accomplished scientists and even worked on the Manhatten Project. It is less about his technical know how and more about his personality. All kinds of interesting stories about how he would use some really bright idea to change his daily life and the life of others. Its tough to describe but a pretty good read.

There is also the book I was trying to sell to Roy...
<a href="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0743249992/qid=1105181011/sr=2-1/ref=pd_ka_b_2_1/002-8000327-0411268"> "Bringing Down The House"</a> about the MIT students who took Vegas for millions playing blackjack with what I can only assume were impressive math stratigies while backed by different investors.

Just a few things I found interesting. Right now I am reading something about blogging and its possible affect on the future of journalism.

royr17 01-08-2005 08:53 AM

Question got the game downloading has been since 6 am and its already at about 30 %, could i close it and would it restart at 30 % later when i resume or would i have to start it all over again ???

Hammock Parties 01-08-2005 09:48 AM

Roy, we've been over this before. Your computer's a piece of shit. Don't bother with Madden on the PC.

As if you could actually get it working.... ROFL

Dartgod 01-08-2005 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZachKC
There is also the book I was trying to sell to Roy...
<a href="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0743249992/qid=1105181011/sr=2-1/ref=pd_ka_b_2_1/002-8000327-0411268"> "Bringing Down The House"</a> about the MIT students who took Vegas for millions playing blackjack with what I can only assume were impressive math stratigies while backed by different investors.

Well you sold me on it. I'm reading a fiction novel right now but will have to pick that up after I'm done. Sounds interesting.

royr17 01-08-2005 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoatCheese
Roy, we've been over this before. Your computer's a piece of shit. Don't bother with Madden on the PC.

As if you could actually get it working.... ROFL

Actually I downloaded 2004 last night and it worked fine for me so STFU.