ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Christian Okoye story (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=113154)

go bo 03-29-2005 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs
I'm sure you are Donald Trump or something. ****ing douchebag.

well, it's good to see you getting along so well with your playmates...

Yosef_Malkovitch 03-29-2005 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs
I'm sure you are Donald Trump or something. ****ing douchebag.

Tsk, tsk. GC is in such a foul mood tonight...

C-Mac 03-29-2005 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69
So, in case you don't know, I work at a rock radio station and the company I work for owns 3 more here in Vegas, including an ESPN affliate. I'm walking in the hallways and I notice a familiar face--however I see famous people all the time so I dont think much of it--until I hear the name Amelio Estevez . How cool is that--the Mighty Duck himself . I shouted "Amelio.... Amelio!"

Sorry Carlota, I just couldnt help but think of Night at the Roxbury when I started to read your post. :D
Tis' cool meeting the real legend though :thumb:

whoman69 03-29-2005 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69
Yeah--I don't know too many dudes that would wear a purple see-thru blouse? Do you?

Gochiefs would

Frazod 03-29-2005 08:12 PM

If you run into him again, you might ask him WHERE THE HELL IS MY fuckING AUTOGRAPHED PICTURE?

:cuss:

What an asshat.

Deberg_1990 03-29-2005 08:17 PM

Great story. Sounds like a truly classy guy. So does anybody know why he never played for another team? I know he didnt fit the "west coast offense" that Hackett brought with im in 93, but why did he retire?

BigVE 03-29-2005 08:18 PM

I met Christian Okoye this past fall in Topeka Ks. We were on our way to KC for the KC/Falcons (BUTT-whipping) game. I got an autographed hat and a hand shake for 10bucks. Dude was still huge and Im not a small guy. It was cool...kind of sad though, he was there for an autograph signing session and there was NOBODY in line. There were a few people here and there but me any my buddy were able to sit there and chat with the guy for a bit.

Monty 03-29-2005 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigVE
I met Christian Okoye this past fall in Topeka Ks. We were on our way to KC for the KC/Falcons (BUTT-whipping) game. I got an autographed hat and a hand shake for 10bucks. Dude was still huge and Im not a small guy. It was cool...kind of sad though, he was there for an autograph signing session and there was NOBODY in line. There were a few people here and there but me any my buddy were able to sit there and chat with the guy for a bit.

Why go to Topeka and pay $10 for an autograph when you can sit at home waiting for an autographed pic to come in the mail for FREE?

htismaqe 03-29-2005 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigVE

Maybe nobody was there because he'd promised them all something that he never actually delivered...

Frazod 03-29-2005 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rufusmaqe
Maybe nobody was there because he'd promised them all something that he never actually delivered...

No shit. I sure as hell don't want his autograph now.