ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   80's Rock anyone? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=113833)

InChiefsHeaven 04-08-2005 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Over-Head
*** "Poison" By Allis(sp)b Cooper atm

OMG dude, it's ALICE COOPER, aka Da Coop!!

If you were listening to what was played on the radio in the '80's (duran duran, et al) you were a puss...

...it was all about Maiden, Metallica (Master of Puppets and before) Anthrax, Megadeth...the list of GOOD 80's stuff goes on and on...

...although I must admit that when I hear some of that pussy music, it kinda does bring me back. I'm actually amazed at how many of the lyrics I actually know of some of those "pop" tunes...

...kill me. Kill me now... :(

Nzoner 04-08-2005 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penchief
The only bands that had any signifigance during the 80's are: Talking Heads, The Clash,

Quote:

Originally Posted by badbobby
Elvis Costello anyone?

Three more reasons to love the 7 :) 's

penchief 04-08-2005 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner 338
Three more reasons to love the 7 :) 's

The seventies were clearly the hallmark of quality rock & roll. But, The Clash, The Heads, and Elvis Costello no doubt represent quality music.

While I agree with your assessment of the 70's, the only thing I can say is "expand your mind, dude."

penchief 04-08-2005 11:52 PM

Quote:

Burton Cummings is a great singer.

Damn right! He's a freakin' awesome singer. He set a standard in many ways.

Nzoner 04-08-2005 11:53 PM

Quote:

The seventies were clearly the hallmark of quality rock & roll. But, The Clash, The Heads, and Elvis Costello no doubt represent quality music.

While I agree with your assessment of the 70's, the only thing I can say is "expand your mind, dude."

Oh I absolutely agree seeing that all 3 were making a major impact on music in the latter 70's.

I knew that post was going to get taken wrong.

penchief 04-08-2005 11:55 PM

Quote:

Oh I absolutely agree seeing that all 3 were making a major impact on music in the latter 70's.

I knew that post was going to get taken wrong.

Oh, that's cool. I absolutely agree with you, then.

Valiant 04-09-2005 12:00 AM

hmm funny thread.. I actually watched vh1 today they have a two hour segment that shows videos from the 60-80's.. Didnet even know they had that many videos before mtv came out... weird ass shit on there... funny watching some of the things you crazy ****s did back in the early seventies and late sixties...

penchief 04-09-2005 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant
hmm funny thread.. I actually watched vh1 today they have a two hour segment that shows videos from the 60-80's.. Didnet even know they had that many videos before mtv came out... weird ass shit on there... funny watching some of the things you crazy ****s did back in the early seventies and late sixties...

ROFL

Fire Me Boy! 04-09-2005 12:10 AM

Did they play Great White's "Wasted Rock Ranger"?

Nzoner 04-09-2005 12:11 AM

Quote:

Oh, that's cool. I absolutely agree with you, then.

Seeing that we both appreciate good music I think you'll really like this site if you're not aware of it already.

penchief 04-09-2005 12:23 AM

Quote:

Seeing that we both appreciate good music I think you'll really like this site if you're not aware of it already.

Thanks!

Nzoner 04-09-2005 02:08 AM

http://j.willhaus.bei.t-online.de/pics/INXS.jpg

dilligaf 04-09-2005 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell
OMG dude, it's ALICE COOPER, aka Da Coop!!

If you were listening to what was played on the radio in the '80's (duran duran, et al) you were a puss...

...it was all about Maiden, Metallica (Master of Puppets and before) Anthrax, Megadeth...the list of GOOD 80's stuff goes on and on...

...although I must admit that when I hear some of that pussy music, it kinda does bring me back. I'm actually amazed at how many of the lyrics I actually know of some of those "pop" tunes...

...kill me. Kill me now... :(

I know what you mean. I hated Tears for Fears, but everytime I hear one of their songs I catch myself singing along. Then I have to pull the car over and puke for a minute or so.

AirForceChief 04-09-2005 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigpepe
I know what you mean. I hated Tears for Fears, but everytime I hear one of their songs I catch myself singing along. Then I have to pull the car over and puke for a minute or so.

Indeed...Everybody does want to rule the world!

Baby Lee 04-09-2005 09:25 AM

Wake me UP! Before you go-go!!