ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Will ChiefsPlanet Survive the 2005 Draft? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=114043)

Logical 04-18-2005 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69
I want to know what our chances are exactly, would you say that the odds someone could get thru just after the Chiefs first round pick are greater than say Gochiefs getting some 'tang?

:hmmm: Billion to one vs. No chance at all

Logical 04-18-2005 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane
What about shutting down CP from 5 min before the Chiefs are on the clock till 1/2 hour after?

Dave

That should definately improve access.;)

Miles 04-18-2005 02:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Phobia 04-18-2005 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcroft
Given the performance of ChiefsPlanet over the past couple of weeks, I can't imagine any way we'll get though draft day without major downtime, unless something changes between now and then...

Unless? Kyle has promised we'll be working on a new database by Saturday. It's something I've been on him about for a while.

New database by Saturday and a complete revamp of ChiefsPlanet as you know it by the end of Training Camp. You won't even recognize the place.

PastorMikH 04-18-2005 02:40 PM

I won't be here helping to slow it down, though I am sure the Planet will have numerous "Server Too Busy" Messages displayed. My Great Aunt passed away then end of Feb and was creamated. The family has put off the memorial service until the weekend of the NFL Draft. Hopefully I will find a computer someplace where I can at least see who we are drafting thoughout the day - no point going the whole day without being dissapointed.

Bwana 04-18-2005 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69
I want to know what our chances are exactly, would you say that the odds someone could get thru just after the Chiefs first round pick are greater than say Gochiefs getting some 'tang?

Yes whoman69, the odds of getting through are greater than gochiefs knocking off some stray from a human female, but about the same odds as getting struck by a meteorite and lightning at the same time. It's doubtful the Planet will survive the impending doom of traffic that Saturday is sure to bring.

Mr. Kotter 04-18-2005 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
Unless? Kyle has promised we'll be working on a new database by Saturday. It's something I've been on him about for a while.

New database by Saturday and a complete revamp of ChiefsPlanet as you know it by the end of Training Camp. You won't even recognize the place.

Thanks for the good news; I must have missed the database by Saturday part before.... :thumb:

Mr. Kotter 04-18-2005 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PastorMikH
I won't be here helping to slow it down, though I am sure the Planet will have numerous "Server Too Busy" Messages displayed. My Great Aunt passed away then end of Feb and was creamated. The family has put off the memorial service until the weekend of the NFL Draft. Hopefully I will find a computer someplace where I can at least see who we are drafting thoughout the day - no point going the whole day without being dissapointed.

Sorry to hear that Pastor....if you are really a glutton for punishment, call go bo, or ask someone for their cell phone number....heh.

PastorMikH 04-18-2005 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter
Sorry to hear that Pastor....if you are really a glutton for punishment, call go bo, or ask someone for their cell phone number....heh.

Thanks. Surely someone there has cable and I can kinda keep up a bit after the service.

go bo 04-18-2005 09:25 PM

Quote:

hey...

what did i do? :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

Mr. Kotter 04-18-2005 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go bo
hey...

what did i do? :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

Nothin'....if he wanted to keep up on the draft, he could call you...since you guys are buds. That's all. :)

go bo 04-18-2005 10:33 PM

Quote:

Nothin'....if he wanted to keep up on the draft, he could call you...since you guys are buds. That's all. :)

no...

you said if he wanted to be a glutton for punishment, he should call me...

how did i get to be the instrument of punishment?

and why would a nice minister kind of fella be a glutton?

besides, being a glutton is my job... :harumph: :harumph: :harumph:

(rob alert: this entire post is said in jest, tic, role-playing-multitasking mode, etc.)

Mr. Kotter 04-18-2005 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go bo
no...

you said if he wanted to be a glutton for punishment, he should call me...

how did i get to be the instrument of punishment?

and why would a nice minister kind of fella be a glutton?

besides, being a glutton is my job... :harumph: :harumph: :harumph:

(rob alert: this entire post is said in jest, tic, role-playing-multitasking mode, etc.)

Heh. :p

My only point is anyone who goes out of his way to find out how bad CP is gonna fugg up THIS draft, is a glutton for punishment. And this place will be full of us on Saturday and Sunday. :banghead:

go bo 04-18-2005 10:52 PM

Quote:

Heh. :p

My only point is anyone who goes out of his way to find out how bad CP is gonna fugg up THIS draft, is a glutton for punishment. And this place will be full of us on Saturday and Sunday. :banghead:

*groan*

i know that...

i was being silly, and i even alerted you, and STILL you explained yourself...

*rolls eyes* (oh wait, there's a smilie for that, isn't there?) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: