ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   What would cause you to go into post-draft meltdown? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=114521)

Soupnazi 04-20-2005 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark M
Actually, getting a stud DE would help significantly -- it takes pressure of the LBs in run coverage and, as the all-knowing Gaz has pointed out, pass defense starts in the enemy backfield.

Good points. I just can't see going DE when you've got such obvious and gaping holes remaining at CB and LB.

JimNasium 04-20-2005 09:54 AM

I just want a ****ing football player. Not a project, not a guy with caveats attached, not a guy that's considered a reach. Just a ****ing football player. If they draft a basketball player I can assure you I will have a ****ing meltdown.

Coogs 04-20-2005 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81
That's where I am at as well. CP has toyed with us for the past month at the notion of trading for Surtain, I will be beyond furious if he does not make the trade.

I won't. I still think Law is going to be fine.

Law
Davis in the first.
Tuck in the 2nd.
Jordan Beck in the 3rd.
Alphanso Hodge in the 4th.

Mark M 04-20-2005 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soupnazi
Good points. I just can't see going DE when you've got such obvious and gaping holes remaining at CB and LB.

Oh, I don't disagree. My first choice would be LB. The problem is that there is only one truly 1st round worthy LB in the 1st.

CB is a better choice due to the depth available, but there's still a steep learning curve for a rookie CB.

IF they get Surtain, then I'd be pleased as hell with a DE.

If they don't get Surtain, then they have GOT to get a CB.

MM
~~:arrow:

milkman 04-20-2005 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian
I fully anticipate a trade down in Round 1 to aquire an additional 2nd, and make the move for Surtain.

I agree with you, though I think the Surtain deal will be done by Friday night, and the tradedown will take place while we're on the clock at 15.

jspchief 04-20-2005 09:56 AM

Drafting Erasmus "Jones"

Drafting any RB or TE in the first 5 rounds (unless the RB is a clear FB)

milkman 04-20-2005 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs

Law
Davis in the first.
Tuck in the 2nd.
Jordan Beck in the 3rd.

The more I hear about Beck, the more I think he'll be gone before we pick at #99.

eazyb81 04-20-2005 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs

Law
Davis in the first.
Tuck in the 2nd.
Jordan Beck in the 3rd.

If we pass on Surtain, I have zero faith that we will be able to outbid other contenders for Law. Pittsburgh and the Jets both need a corner, and there are always a few surprise teams. Surtain is healthy and is there for the taking, Carl just needs to nut up and give up the 2nd.

htismaqe 04-20-2005 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81
If we pass on Surtain, I have zero faith that we will be able to outbid other contenders for Law. Pittsburgh and the Jets both need a corner, and there are always a few surprise teams. Surtain is healthy and is there for the taking, Carl just needs to nut up and give up the 2nd.

The Steelers have ZERO interest in Ty Law. Less than ZERO.

NJ Chief Fan 04-20-2005 11:59 AM

where should i start?

ok well start with drafting pac man if rogers is still available
then well go to not trading for surtain
trading out of the first
a repeat out of last years draft

basically i plan on being a miserable **** on saturday

jarjar 04-20-2005 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
I just want our first couple of picks to be guys who are proven, every-down high performers at their positions, "

I'm not much of a draft guru, but are there actually very many of these in any draft? Don't they all mostly go early?

shaneo69 04-20-2005 12:19 PM

Here's what I think the Chiefs will do on Saturday. First, when #15 is on the clock, and Carlos Rogers is still on the board, they will trade down to the low first round, and I will be pissed. Then they will trade a 2nd or 3rd rounder for Surtain. Then, with their late 1st round pick, they will take Brodney Pool, and my meltdown will commence.

Terribilis 04-20-2005 12:59 PM

I am waiting for a safety from nebraska to convert to CB
its going to be sweet

Mr. Laz 04-20-2005 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rufusmaqe
The Steelers have ZERO interest in Ty Law. Less than ZERO.

how can you know that?

the steelers had Law in for at least one visit ... i think he went back for a second visit as well.

hardly more than zero interest

siberian khatru 04-20-2005 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock
Drafting another DT would irritate me a bit.

In a twisted way, it would be fun to watch Carl and Co. spin that picking a DT in the R1 DOES NOT mean they are dissatisfied with Ryan Sims or Junior Siavii in any way.