ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Well Denverchief could have been dead ... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=115194)

badgirl 04-25-2005 09:42 PM

Glad your ok, same kinda thing happened to me and the kids few years back, there was a gas valvue that had been capped off at the top of their bed, we had headaches, and the kids would go into a deeper sleep than usual, it was the cap had come off, luckily the windows stayed opened all day, but closed at night, but it was still affecting us in a bad way.

Iowanian 04-25-2005 09:43 PM

_____________________/\__/\/\____/\

Rausch 04-25-2005 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike
Umm, no. CO2 is Carbon DIoxide. Carbon moxoide (CO) is what the furnaces use and it's deadly and has no smell (naturally).

It normally doesn't, but I thought they put some type of chemical in there so it does have a smell. Or they're going to, I don't remember...

Mr. Kotter 04-25-2005 09:56 PM

Glad you are okay, Jason. :thumb:

cdcox 04-25-2005 10:05 PM

Furnaces use methane or natural gas for fuel. The chief danger here is explosion. Natural gas is odorless, but they add a rotten egg chemical to it to alert you to the danger of explosion.

Whenever you have combustion, you will produce mostly carbon dioxide (CO2) but also some carbon monoxide (CO). Carbon monoxide is particularly dangerous because it is toxic at much lower levels than CO2 . DC was in no danger from either of these if his funace was out, because they are not produced except from combustion.

DC, if your pilot light goes out frequently, it could be a sign of backdraft which does lead to eleveated levels of CO in your residence.

Any gas, methane, CO2, or even N2 can be dangerous if the concentration is high enough, because it prevents you from getting O2.

If you have a gas furnance, you should get a CO and methane detector to protect your self from these risks.

DenverChief 04-25-2005 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox

Any gas, methane, CO2, or even N2 can be dangerous if the concentration is high enough, because it prevents you from getting O2.

exactly why I'm sure I was feeling like shit

Pezman 04-26-2005 12:04 AM

Wow! Feel fortunate that you are ok!

Did you or your roomies suffer any effects like gastric cramps or numbness? Best to be sure you get plenty of fluids and fresh air in you to help your capalaries (sp) open up and remove the leftover particles.

Phobia 04-26-2005 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pezman

Did you or your roomies suffer any effects like gastric cramps or numbness? Best to be sure you get plenty of fluids and fresh air in you to help your capalaries (sp) open up and remove the leftover particles.

Is this thread still about a gas leak or is Pez asking questions and providing advice about the gay? Gastric cramps? Aren't you quite the brute?

DenverChief 04-26-2005 12:08 AM

Quote:

nope we all just had horrible headaches and were pretty sluggish....didn't want to get out of bed and the like...one of them threw up thats when I started to really get the hint that something was wrong

Phobia 04-26-2005 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief
one of them threw up thats when I started to really get the hint that something was wrong

Had you eaten asparagus or something?

DenverChief 04-26-2005 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
Had you eaten asparagus or something?

:spock:?

Pezman 04-26-2005 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
Is this thread still about a gas leak or is Pez asking questions and providing advice about the gay? Gastric cramps? Aren't you quite the brute?

Wait, who's gay? The gas? ROFL!

Denverchief, if you suffer any lingering effects, make sure you get yourself to the doc asap and document it just in case...

Simplex3 04-26-2005 01:47 AM

Quote:

Wait, who's gay? The gas? ROFL!

Denverchief, if you suffer any lingering effects, make sure you get yourself to the doc asap and document it just in case...

Maybe DC should go back to the rainbow avatar, it offered clues for new guys...

Oh, and I'm glad to hear you're Ok. As for your room mates, f**k them. Couldn't care less. :harumph:

:)

DenverChief 04-26-2005 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplex3
. As for your room mates, f**k them. Couldn't care less. :harumph:

:)

ROFL yeah they are donkeys fans

Eleazar 04-26-2005 04:08 AM

Can you watch my neighbor's cat for a few days?