ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs coach Vermeil having second thoughts about retirement (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=120766)

MOhillbilly 08-04-2005 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter
Yeah, cousin Greg is gonna have to wait at least another year....heh.

Uncle

Mr. Kotter 08-04-2005 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly
Uncle

Uncle, cousin, brother, mother....aren't they all the same for you folks? Heh. ;)

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-04-2005 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75
Everything will hinge on how the 2005 Chiefs do. Provided they compete and he still feels up to the job, Vermeil just might return for his 16th campaign in a league that twice has honored him as coach of the year.

"If the team plays real well and it looks like the way we do things is capable of producing a good football team, then I might stay," Vermeil said. "I'm just going to play it out and see what happens."

Maybe it's just me but it seems that if the fire still burns inside you to coach then you should coach. Basing it all on how good your team is seems a bit petty/selfish to me. Coaches coach bad team all over because they love what they do and it's a part of them. Saying we have to be good for him to want to do this anymore just strikes me wrong.

MOhillbilly 08-04-2005 07:34 AM

Quote:

Uncle, cousin, brother, mother....aren't they all the same for you folks? Heh. ;)

shit,you know ive got a list.
right?

Mr. Kotter 08-04-2005 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly
shit,you know ive got a list.
right?

Is that a list to keep the relatives straight? :hmmm:

Or a list of people to kill at future CP tailgate gatherings? :(

MOhillbilly 08-04-2005 07:57 AM

Quote:

Is that a list to keep the relatives straight? :hmmm:

Or a list of people to kill at future CP tailgate gatherings? :(

heh,wouldnt ya like to know.:p

J Diddy 08-04-2005 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beer me
Maybe it's just me but it seems that if the fire still burns inside you to coach then you should coach. Basing it all on how good your team is seems a bit petty/selfish to me. Coaches coach bad team all over because they love what they do and it's a part of them. Saying we have to be good for him to want to do this anymore just strikes me wrong.

Not really. Think of it like this, if they are gonna have to rebuild again then he is saying he isn't the man for the job.

jidar1 08-04-2005 08:38 AM

I hope he stays, hes a great coach. Admittedly he's weak on the D side of the ball, but with Gun taking care of that part what more do you want? We've got one of the best head coaches the league has seen, and he's finally letting the D be run by a proven coodinator.

morphius 08-04-2005 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania
IF the Chiefs were to win a SB this season... DV will retire. In all likelihood two on the Oline retire, and Holmes would likely consider it.... DV would retire.

Actually I think the only way he stays around is if the Chiefs get to or win the superbowl. He regreted leaving StL after winning the superbowl and not seeing if he could do it twice in a row, at least that is how I always took what he was saying on the subject.

deadbabyseal 08-04-2005 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dayzeofthenew
"...I think I'll go for a walk".

You're not fooling anyone.