ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Big Charlies Saloon in South Philly (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=121287)

MNchief 04-20-2006 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H5N1
ROFL

their hardcore, bro. Watch out or they'll knock yuor teeth out, bro.

A few more questions, if you'd permit --

Have you been there?
Is it not a cool place to check out?
Do you need an invite?
Do I show up in Chiefs gear?
What was the nature of the bad blood on here?

big nasty kcnut 04-20-2006 11:32 PM

Mn well it's a old fued worth not talking about and if you want to go fine. I think you just go as you are cause it seem to me the everybody welcome there. Just don't mention chiefs planet ok.

Phobia 04-20-2006 11:35 PM

There is no back story on Big Charlies. As far as we know, that place is cool. There is a back story on an individual who purports to be affiliated with Big Charlies. That has yet to have been verified by anyone. If you're going to Philly, you should check out Big Charlies. I don't know how you're going to find it though. They don't appear to be listed anywhere.

Mr. Kotter 04-20-2006 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MNchief
I'm headed to Philly for work in a few weeks, and I thought about checking it out.

I just joined, and can't figure out the search functionality on the board here (keeps telling me I'm < 4 words and it won't search...).

Thus, I can't get the backstory on the problems with Big Charlie's Saloon. Anyone able to enlighten me?

One word:

Psychos

:shake:

VonneMarie 04-20-2006 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcnut
Mn well it's a old fued worth not talking about and if you want to go fine. I think you just go as you are cause it seem to me the everybody welcome there. Just don't mention chiefs planet ok.

Ok. ROFL

Ebolapox 04-20-2006 11:37 PM

nut hit it on the head... basically, not really worth talking about (it's a load of stupidity essentially)

let's just say...if you see a short bald guy driving a tauras with an obviously sunburnt lady, don't stop to wave hi unless yuor peppered two half ur teeff knawked awt, bro!!

Phobia 04-20-2006 11:38 PM

You can mention ChiefsPlanet if you wish. I'm sure you'll be fine.

MNchief 04-20-2006 11:41 PM

Thanks all.

Not looking to stir up old news or trouble. Just looking for advice. Appreciate the thread replies.

On a different subject, looks like this might be the last year at River Falls... so I recommend coming up, having a few brews, hit some of the local golf courses, and seeing camp up close and personal.

Ebolapox 04-20-2006 11:42 PM

eh, I imagine they'll move it closer to KC if so--thus, a far easier trip for me

MNchief 04-21-2006 01:10 AM

I'm sure moving closer to KC will be better for most of ChiefsNation. But, I think:

a) it's good to go where comforts and the familiar aren't the norm, and

b) River Falls is far enough away from the big city (Mpls/St Paul) that the players only get into trouble on long weekends, or when bouncers get a little fiesty with kickers.

I'll be sad to see camp moved back to Liberty or closer to KC. But then again, I live in MN, so it's way more convenient for me.

Rausch 04-21-2006 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole
If anyone makes the journey, be sure to try the NEPA cheese.

I have no problems doing so.

But if some fans decide to segment themselves some fans should consider past criminal histories and charges that might compromise their ability to walk amongst free men should they relapse...

MNchief 04-21-2006 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch
I have no problems doing so.

But if some fans decide to segment themselves some fans should consider past criminal histories and charges that might compromise their ability to walk amongst free men should they relapse...

Sorry, don't follow?
Sounds like you'd be cool visiting Big Charlies?

Rausch 04-21-2006 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MNchief
Sorry, don't follow?
Sounds like you'd be cool visiting Big Charlies?

I have no problem getting along with anyone.

Despite my BB gruffness I'm not an argumentative type...

jspchief 04-21-2006 06:46 AM

I'm sure Big Charlies won't be fun. Not because of any one individual, but rather because 99% of the Philadelphia population are assholes.

I can't imagine how inssufferable a Philly asshole that had his ego stroked by NFL Films would be.

burt 04-21-2006 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
Hang up calls? That would have been a welcomed change of pace. It was the heavy breathing and moaning that really bothered me. I think the guy really, really liked me.

Sorry, that was actually me......