ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Will Gunther give the Bolts a different defensive look? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=127363)

|Zach| 10-24-2005 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman
Aged to perfection.

How's school?

Good in the fact that I am only taking classes of things I am really into...a bit pointless in the fact that I am joining the Air Force.

In the end the government will fit the bill to a photograhpy school I have my heart set on.

I bet you didn't see that coming.

Kclee 10-24-2005 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZachKC
In the end the government will fit the bill to a photograhpy school I have my heart set on.

Animal Mother: You a photographer?
Private Joker: I'm a combat correspondent.
Animal Mother: Well you seen much combat?
Private Joker: I've seen a little on TV.
Animal Mother: You're a real comedian.
Private Joker: Well they call me the Joker.
Animal Mother: Well I got a joke for you. I'm gonna tear you a new asshole.
Private Joker: Well pilgrim, only after you eat the peanuts out of my shit.
Animal Mother: You talk the talk. Do you walk the walk?

Let me see your war face Joker.

|Zach| 10-24-2005 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kclee
Animal Mother: You a photographer?
Private Joker: I'm a combat correspondent.
Animal Mother: Well you seen much combat?
Private Joker: I've seen a little on TV.
Animal Mother: You're a real comedian.
Private Joker: Well they call me the Joker.
Animal Mother: Well I got a joke for you. I'm gonna tear you a new asshole.
Animal Mother: You talk the talk. Do you walk the walk?

Let me see your war face Joker.

ROFL

Mr. Kotter 10-24-2005 06:10 PM

Quote:

Good in the fact that I am only taking classes of things I am really into...a bit pointless in the fact that I am joining the Air Force.

I bet you didn't see that coming.

If you are going that route, finishing college and applying to ROTC shoulda been a thought....not that your recruiter ever woulda mentioned it. :hmmm:

KCWolfman 10-24-2005 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13
I wish you could punch people through the internet for bad puns.

Touche'

Hammock Parties 10-24-2005 06:14 PM

Quote:

I swear, I did not rip off this quote for my new catchphrase.

Mr. Kotter 10-24-2005 06:15 PM

Quote:

ROFL

It's a great movie, if you haven't seen it.

Kclee 10-24-2005 06:21 PM

Quote:

ROFL

Bullshit, you didn't convince me, let me see your REAL war face!
:#

|Zach| 10-24-2005 06:28 PM

Quote:

Bullshit, you didn't convince me, let me see your REAL war face!
:#

http://www.rantmorgan.com/advice/2004/02/0229/face.jpg

Wallcrawler 10-24-2005 08:09 PM

The Chiefs defense is going to need those extra days. After most likely the WORST performance in his career against the Eagles (17 rushes for 7 yards, 0TD), Ladainian Tomlinson is going to be wanting to get back on track in front of his home crowd there in SD, against a Chiefs defense that is still succeptible to a big play or two.

They have to get on him, and STAY on him. The Chiefs have been burnt this year with passes to the backs out of the backfield, as well as counter/cutback runs and LT is one of the very best in the league at doing all of those things very well.

Jared Allen, as much as I like the guy's pass rushing tenacity, has GOT to stay disciplined on the edge. The big run that Ronnie Brown busted off went right to his side, with him getting sucked in and then getting caught totally out of position to make the play. Granted, Greg Wesley put a massive shot on him that didnt take him down, but Jared Allen could have been in position to make a play had he stayed disciplined.

The Chiefs cannot afford to give up the big play touchdowns against division rivals, with as close as those games generally are. They did a good job against Miami for much of the game, but they still surrendered 142 yards and 14 points on just 2 plays. Cant have that stuff happen in the division games. Theyre usually just too close to survive that type of stuff.

brent102fire 10-24-2005 10:34 PM

Quote:

I didn't see the Philly/SD game. What did Philly do? Alot of run blitz or what. Because they shut LT down and Gates didn't do much 'til the end.

I think injuries to the O-line played a significant part...

ChiefFan31 10-25-2005 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler
Jared Allen, as much as I like the guy's pass rushing tenacity, has GOT to stay disciplined on the edge. The big run that Ronnie Brown busted off went right to his side, with him getting sucked in and then getting caught totally out of position to make the play. Granted, Greg Wesley put a massive shot on him that didnt take him down, but Jared Allen could have been in position to make a play had he stayed disciplined.

The Chiefs cannot afford to give up the big play touchdowns against division rivals, with as close as those games generally are. They did a good job against Miami for much of the game, but they still surrendered 142 yards and 14 points on just 2 plays. Cant have that stuff happen in the division games. Theyre usually just too close to survive that type of stuff.

Good Call Man. I have that game on my Tivo and absolutely noticed it was Jared Allen not maintaining discipline that led to Ronnie Brown's 65 yard TD run. Yes Wesley made the hit and slid off of him, which everyone knows about.

I watched it several times, I have no idea what Jared was looking at. He followed right down the line and was not looking at the running back who received a pitch. He was running to a spot where he thought the RB would be. Big Mistake.

I am very excited about the improvment of the D, and do look for them to play a lot (two words) better as the season progresses, but Dangit, the DE's have got to maintain discipline, which has lead directly to the problems with the damned bootlegs.

Anyong Bluth 10-25-2005 01:54 AM

Rep Walcrawler -

I also Tivo'd the game and saw Jared overcommitting to the pass rush on the play Brown busted. The tackle did a great job of coaxing him into the pass play by instead of firing out and trying to seal 1st, but hinging back in pass protection stance. JA took the bait and got over eager- which can happen to MANY players- let alone young guys that start to get a taste for constantly rushing the passer and forgetting their main assignment. The Redskins are trying to break LaVar of this very habit. Freelancing can show you flashes of great play- but leave you open to getting gashed.

Even I know the importance of the DE's job, and the last I played was in HS- for a nationally recognized program until my knees got jacked. We were always taught - and I quickly learned when I got pulled that, when playing DE on base downs, 2 yards of penetration max before locating the if its Pass or Run and to which side.

While a DE can be vital in disrupting plays- they can sink a defense by letting a RB turn it up outside or letting a QB slide free with an open look downfield. That really hangs your LB's and 2ndary out to dry. Denver loves to do this and basically just runs left or right misdirection while sending WR's on reverses or fakes and QB rollouts to keep the D from overcommitting on the run or leaving their guys freed upon the outside.

Allan will learn hopefully, sadly- Hicks doesn't seem to be following suit in his push- though he's been stellar in keeping contain as far as I can tell in the run.

Dr. Chief 10-25-2005 07:06 AM

The best D will be using our O sustaining long drives, therefore keeping the D fresh. Tired D = giving up big plays.

htismaqe 10-25-2005 07:29 AM

We were all talking about it in pre-season. His recent pass rushing performances have masked the fact that Jared Allen is still quite possibly THE weak link in our run defense.