ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Brokeback Question (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=134569)

the Talking Can 01-25-2006 10:28 PM

one movie including homosexuals for every 33,000 movies including heterosexuals = gay agenda?

home schooling = idiot?

Bald but Beautiful 01-25-2006 10:50 PM

A movie like this was bound to happen sometime. Eventually there was going to be a movie that was going to male homosexual related that will probably go on and win the Oscar for Best Picture. Face the facts, peeps, this will win the Oscar. I am willing to bet on it. Any takers? Just kidding, but it could.

alanm 01-25-2006 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenson71
Why would anyone want to watch a movie about comic book characters? Beats me, but they rake in millions at the box-office. Obviously, the movie attracts the gay and lesbian crowd. It's also a well made movie that's pretty original and I wouldn't be surprised if there's more gay movies coming out in a couple of years. So, maybe it's groundbreaking? It's nominated for many awards, has received a lot of acclaim, so maybe people want to see it for that reason.

The only reason its been nominated for any awards is because Hollywood is trying to push its gay agenda on America.

Reaper16 01-25-2006 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanm
The only reason its been nominated for any awards is because Hollywood is trying to push its gay agenda on America.

Yeah, not because Heath Ledger gave a great, great performance or anything. Nah, couldn't be that. Agenda, yeah.

Walk The Line? Damn country music agenda! Capote? Get your literary agenda out of my theatre!

Truthfully, I'm about sick of the moronic a**hole agenda being pumped out.

Frazod 01-25-2006 11:01 PM

Call 'em gay sheepherders, and nobody cares.

Call 'em gay cowboys, and you've put a skirt on the quintessential American male icon. Which is certainly what they're going for.

Push the envelope, offend the hell out of the red states, and hand out ten gallon bigot hats to anybody who cries foul.

I can't imagine a bigger win/win/win for the ultraleft. You go, girl. :shake:

Reaper16 01-25-2006 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod

Call 'em gay cowboys, and you've put a skirt on the quintessential American male icon. Which is certainly what they're going for.

Push the envelope, offend the hell out of the red states, and hand out ten gallon bigot hats to anybody who cries foul.

It's marketers know how to push buttons, yes. It's also a decent movie with two good actors and a good director. I don't think it should win best picture, though.

alanm 01-25-2006 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16
Yeah, not because Heath Ledger gave a great, great performance or anything. Nah, couldn't be that. Agenda, yeah.

Maybe so. But I wouldn't know. Not my kind of movie. So I can't judge his preformance.
Perhaps you can fill me in on how good it was?

alanm 01-25-2006 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod

I hear it's breaking box office records in Wyoming.
:)

chappy 01-25-2006 11:10 PM

I believe they should be called Shepherds

Jenson71 01-25-2006 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SideWinder
I don't know.
How about, cause comic book super heros are fun and entertaining, and some of of us aren't movie snobs and like mindless entertainment.

What's a movie snob?

If you enjoyed the book Catcher in the Rye, does that make you a book snob? What if you like The West Wing? Or you then a TV Show snob? I like Dali's paintings, so I suppose I'm a Paint Snob? If you like Beethoven, or you automatically a Music Snob?

Reaper16 01-25-2006 11:13 PM

btw - the movie isn't an all fluffy, "pro-gay" queer-fest. We see how much the relationship ****s things up at home for thier wives, families, etc. Catch it on cable in a year; nobody should turn away from a quality movie because of possibly offensive content.

Frazod 01-25-2006 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16
It's marketers know how to push buttons, yes. It's also a decent movie with two good actors and a good director. I don't think it should win best picture, though.

It probably is a good movie. Ang Lee is a damn good director. Ledger and Gyw-whatever are excellent actors. If they want to make a gay movie, fine, that's their business.

But I'm tired of the liberal press beating me over the head with it. I not gonna go see this movie, anymore than I'd watch some friggin chick flick.

Hammock Parties 01-25-2006 11:14 PM

Quote:

What's a movie snob?

You are the definition.

Skip Towne 01-25-2006 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanm
Maybe so. But I wouldn't know. Not my kind of movie. So I can't judge his preformance.
Perhaps you can fill me in on how good it was?

:thumb: That's what I thought.

Frazod 01-25-2006 11:15 PM

Quote:

What's a movie snob?

If you enjoyed the book Catcher in the Rye, does that make you a book snob? What if you like The West Wing? Or you then a TV Show snob? I like Dali's paintings, so I suppose I'm a Paint Snob? If you like Beethoven, or you automatically a Music Snob?

Jesus Christ. I'll bet you get beat up alot. :spock: