ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Todd Collins to meet with The Washington Dan Snyders (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=137120)

FAX 03-11-2006 10:56 AM

Our depth at QB is scary as 2 billion Chinese litter police with a bad attitude.

We need a good, young QB Trent can groom. And we need him now.

FAX

jspchief 03-11-2006 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief
honestly though, I would not be suprised to see us reach and take croyle in the 2nd - apparently we were all over him during senior bowl week.

Croyle that late in the 2nd isn't a reach.

You can debate whether we need to take a QB with our second pick, but I don't think taking Croyle in the late second would be considered reaching.

I'd be happy with the pick.

ROYC75 03-11-2006 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royr17
More than likely I have a feelin that the Skins may try Todd Collins out as a starter due to the fact that he knows Al Saunders system.

Nope, he will be the backup teacher since he knows the offense. A good move by them if they pull it off.

The question is, does Collins stick around for the ( slim ) chance to get to a SB next year foe less $$$ or a chance to be the starter if Brunell goes down or sucks balls in the offense, plus alot of $$$ ?

mississippichiefan 03-11-2006 11:39 AM

Croyle would be a great pick up in the second round. Have watched him at Alabama and he has an NFL arm , just needs to add some weight . He would be good for us and not a reach in the second . Go Chiefs !!

CoMoChief 03-11-2006 11:44 AM

It doesnt matter if Collins goes or not. Personally Id rather see him go to replace the QB with more youth, because at some point someone is gonna have to replace Green. If Green goes down anyway were gonna be ****ed, so I dont see what the big deal is of letting go Todd Collins because all he does is pick up a check every week for doing nothing. We should use that cap room to restructure TonyG, or resign TRich or Welbourn, or maybe to help sign one FA, whomever that may be.

Mr. Laz 03-11-2006 11:44 AM

imo 2nd is too high for Croyle FOR US

3rd round or lower

Frankie 03-11-2006 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief
Croyle that late in the 2nd isn't a reach.

You can debate whether we need to take a QB with our second pick, but I don't think taking Croyle in the late second would be considered reaching.

I'd be happy with the pick.

I could live with that pick too. But if Jonathan Scott is still on the board, I'd certainly take him over Croyle.

Frankie 03-11-2006 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz

3rd round or lower

What round is he generally projected to go?

SLAG 03-11-2006 12:57 PM

So whats wrong with Printers and Killian?

Mr. Laz 03-11-2006 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie
What round is he generally projected to go?

i think he generally projected as a low 2nd guy

i heard one of the senior bowl announcer comment about how he remind him on the Detmer brothers a little.

Frankie 03-11-2006 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAG02
So whats wrong with Printers and Killian?

ROFL
Believe me I'm a bit of a Kilian fan after last preseason. Nothing would make me happier than seeing him be our Brady. But realistically we can't hope for that to happen. If it does. Great. But we need to address the QBOTF issue seriously this year or next at the latest.

Frankie 03-11-2006 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz
i heard one of the senior bowl announcer comment about how he remind him on the Detmer brothers a little.

Oy veh!!!

jspchief 03-11-2006 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz

3rd round or lower

Yea, that's what I meant by arguing it's the wrong pick for us, but it's still not a reach. If he lasts to our pick in the 2nd round, he won't last much longer.

I think he's got a ton of potential, and now is the perfect time to start grooming Green's successor. I'd love to get an immediate starter at that pick, but I also recognize that it will take a first day pick to get a QB of that caliber.

He's not the top of my wish list, but I would be fine with the pick.

SLAG 03-11-2006 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie
ROFL
Believe me I'm a bit of a Kilian fan after last preseason. Nothing would make me happier than seeing him be our Brady. But realistically we can't hope for that to happen. If it does. Great. But we need to address the QBOTF issue seriously this year or next at the latest.

Killian showed alot of heart last preseason and im anxious to see how he does in NFEL

Frankie 03-11-2006 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief
He's not the top of my wish list, but I would be fine with the pick.

Me too. Oh, I said that already.