ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Possible Reggie Bush scandal at USC? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=139466)

Kerberos 04-24-2006 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefsQT
Is that a trailblazer in your avatar?? I want one!!

Yes it is ... 06 Trailblazer LT

If you do any research the 05 and up have the BEST ratings. The 01 thru 04 got HORRIBLE reviews in consumer reports.

I know price is a benchmark sometimes ... but if you can afford it I would look at an 05 or 06. Leftover 06's should be going on clearance in the next few months as the 07's start rolling out.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...ht=Trailblazer

:)

Mecca 04-24-2006 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd
Great point. I wonder if Mecca has any light he can shed on this?

As far as Bush goes it will have 0 effect on him.

Seriously, this is all Bush has to claim: I was trying to buy my parents a nice home based on my future earnings. Or they family can say that they were considering buying the home but decided against it after not being able to secure a loan. There are about 5 or 6 plausible ways to get out of this.

Plus, Yahoo Sports isn't the same as Sports Illustrated or ESPN knocking on your door, demanding to look at your finances. They may be on to something, but it'll be written off as Internet hype.

Frankly, I'm surprised that we haven't heard more about USC football players swimming in money. Outside of this and Matt Leinart supposedly having a Hummer last year, there's hasn't been anything suggested. Which probably means that the people involved are really good at keeping quiet.

The absolute worst thing that happens is USC losses some scholarships for a few years. I don't think it will ever come close to getting to the point where they make them forfeit games. Even if they did the only games that it would cost them would be this past years, so their National Titles aren't in jeopardy.

Garcia Bronco 04-24-2006 12:34 PM

The only scandel IMO is this kid generating all this revenue and not getting paid a proper perdentage.

Bowser 04-24-2006 12:34 PM

Bush is live on ESPN's NFL Draft special right now. Trey Wingo wasn't letting him slide much.

Mecca 04-24-2006 12:38 PM

Trey Wingo serious journalist..........ok I can't keep a straight face and say that. If they really think this is going to effect Bush at all in the draft they're stupid.

Bowser 04-24-2006 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
Trey Wingo serious journalist..........ok I can't keep a straight face and say that. If they really think this is going to effect Bush at all in the draft they're stupid.

Wingo is entertaining. I really expected there to be some mandate telling interviewers to take soft punches at Bush. While Wingo didn't destroy him, he asked all the to-the-point questions.

And all the "experts" said it didn't matter what happened with this house deal, Bush will be the top pick on Saturday. Everyone except Michael Smith, that is.

alanm 04-24-2006 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
As far as Bush goes it will have 0 effect on him.

Seriously, this is all Bush has to claim: I was trying to buy my parents a nice home based on my future earnings. Or they family can say that they were considering buying the home but decided against it after not being able to secure a loan. There are about 5 or 6 plausible ways to get out of this.

Plus, Yahoo Sports isn't the same as Sports Illustrated or ESPN knocking on your door, demanding to look at your finances. They may be on to something, but it'll be written off as Internet hype.

Frankly, I'm surprised that we haven't heard more about USC football players swimming in money. Outside of this and Matt Leinart supposedly having a Hummer last year, there's hasn't been anything suggested. Which probably means that the people involved are really good at keeping quiet.

The absolute worst thing that happens is USC losses some scholarships for a few years. I don't think it will ever come close to getting to the point where they make them forfeit games. Even if they did the only games that it would cost them would be this past years, so their National Titles aren't in jeopardy.

This morning the PAC 10 said they were beginning a investigation. Doubtful that it would hurt Bush. But could have serious ramifications to USC. Like probation, forfeiture of games, Taking away their national championship ect. ROFL

WilliamTheIrish 04-24-2006 02:46 PM

Bigger than the MU scandal?

Bigger than ("it's no big deal") academic fraud?

KCBOSS1 04-24-2006 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rxrider
Are these the jobs you hear about where an athlete will get a job to turn the sprinklers on and off and the whole place has automatick sprinklers? :shake:

I wanna sign up for THAT job. PBJ PBJ PBJ

Yeah, something like that with about 45 paid sick days and 30 paid personal days available.

alanm 04-24-2006 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish
Bigger than the MU scandal?

Bigger than ("it's no big deal") academic fraud?

You know when you cheat and your teams still suck, nobody cares.
But a big school like USC whos had sucess the past few years it's a big deal. :)

JBucc 04-24-2006 06:40 PM

I also think Reggie Bush should be punished. The NFL should not allow him to be drafted higher than the 20 slot.