ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Tamba Hali? MOTHER F*** you CARL!! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=139909)

KevB 04-29-2006 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
I don't like his talent for the pick.......I don't think any of the 5-7 teams behind us would have taken him. Hence reaching when you could move down and still get him.

I don't disagree that we could have gotten him several spots lower, but how do you know there just wasn't a trade partner? If not, and the Chiefs wanted Hali, sometimes you take a player a bit earlier than projected.

HolmeZz 04-29-2006 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banyon
Tamba Hali.

SR Stats:

11.0 Sacks, 65 Tackles, 17 Tackles for loss

JR Stats:

2.0 sacks, 55 Tackles, 12 tackles for loss.

Fluke, anyone?

If you bothered to do any research, you'd realize he played DT as a junior. And he was very undersized for a DT. He flourished as a DE.

banyon 04-29-2006 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu
I tried to tell you they should trade down. ;)

I guess I should've assumed that they'd take a reach.

Was that your thinking?

patteeu 04-29-2006 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB
Who's to say we didn't try to trade down? It takes two teams to tango.

Hali is a DEnd who can play all three downs. He's a football player who produced on a big stage. I'm ok with the pick. I liked Lawson's upside, but Hali will bring it every week. Adding a guy like him with his attitude can only help IMO.

I agree. Carl Peterson said they were looking at the option and said they even entertained one solid offer but he decided the offer wasn't good enough.

Pitt Gorilla 04-29-2006 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
I don't like his talent for the pick.......I don't think any of the 5-7 teams behind us would have taken him. Hence reaching when you could move down and still get him.

Really, we could have moved down? Who offered us a good deal to move up? Seriously, I'd like to know.

HolmeZz 04-29-2006 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch
You don't spend a first round pick on a guy who'll only play on third down...

And we didn't.

ChiefsCountry 04-29-2006 02:30 PM

Hali is a good pick. This is the spot where he was expected to go for most of the draft process. He was productive in college, great motor, plays hard and makes plays. You need guys like that on a defense. Chiefs make a great pick two years in a row now.

dtrain 04-29-2006 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla
Really, we could have moved down? Who offered us a good deal to move up? Seriously, I'd like to know.

I bet it was Pittsburg.

Brock 04-29-2006 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch
You don't spend a first round pick on a guy who'll only play on third down...

wtf are you talking about....

dirk digler 04-29-2006 02:30 PM

I like the pick:

POSITIVES: Relentless defender coming off a tremendous senior campaign. Displays outstanding first-step quickness, is fast off the edge and displays outstanding pursuing from the backside. Plays with good pad level, quickly alters his angle of attack and is fast in every direction of the field. Shows an array of hand techniques to protect himself or defeat blocks. Naturally strong and splits double-team blocks. Instinctive with a good head for the ball.

NEGATIVES: Needs to improve his body strength as he will be pushed from his angle of attack by large opponents. Occasionally pins his ears back, rushes up the field and over-pursues the action.

ANALYSIS: A natural leader slowly developing a complete game, Hali has the ability to fit several schemes at the next level. Offers possibilities as a pass-rushing end in a conventional defense or could stand up over tackle in a 34.

tk13 04-29-2006 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banyon
Tamba Hali.

SR Stats:

11.0 Sacks, 65 Tackles, 17 Tackles for loss

JR Stats:

2.0 sacks, 55 Tackles, 12 tackles for loss.

Fluke, anyone?

That's what they said about Larry Johnson.

Pitt Gorilla 04-29-2006 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolmeZz
And we didn't.

Yeah, at his size, he'll play first and second down for sure.

teedubya 04-29-2006 02:32 PM

He isnt that strong, only 17 reps of the 225lbs.

dirk digler 04-29-2006 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13
That's what they said about Larry Johnson.

Yep and LJ's dad coached Tamba so that might have helped them make this decision

BigRock 04-29-2006 02:33 PM

They had a great quote from Hali on the NFL Network. Someone had asked him if there was anything he likes more than sacking the QB. He said "sacking him again".