ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Injuries may force Sweeney to retire (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=140249)

epitome1170 05-04-2006 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz
I am hoping Billy Butler, Alex Gordon and Chris Lubanski are those stars....they should make 2007 more fun, i guess watching cars drive by can too.

True, but how long do you think they will be around to be stars if we do not improve management?

VonneMarie 05-04-2006 06:07 PM

To retire because of injuries must really suck.

Who will be the new captain? Can we talk Reggie Sanders into to staying?

epitome1170 05-04-2006 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VonneMarie
To retire because of injuries must really suck.

Who will be the new captain? Can we talk Reggie Sanders into to staying?

Never really understood the whole captain thing in baseball anyway. I am pretty sure just the Royals and Red Sox have the C's on the jersey to designate that, right?

I just find it worthless to call out a captain. If they are the "captain" of the team, everyone knows that in the clubhouse and that is the only time it matters. The captain doesn't call a coin toss or anything, so really what is the point?

Someone enlighten me

Demonpenz 05-04-2006 06:10 PM

No wonder why kids call in sick today. When people you are supposed to look upto can't even come in to play a kids game with a couple boo boo's

VonneMarie 05-04-2006 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by epitome1170
Never really understood the whole captain thing in baseball anyway. I am pretty sure just the Royals and Red Sox have the C's on the jersey to designate that, right?

I just find it worthless to call out a captain. If they are the "captain" of the team, everyone knows that in the clubhouse and that is the only time it matters. The captain doesn't call a coin toss or anything, so really what is the point?

Someone enlighten me

And the Yankees. I don't why teams have captains. I don't know what they do. But, I bet the captain gets the most booty during roadtrips. :)

epitome1170 05-04-2006 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VonneMarie
And the Yankees. I don't why teams have captains. I don't know what they do. But, I bet the captain gets the most booty during roadtrips. :)

Oh well the Royals fit right along with them then... 2 historic franchises and then a historically awful one. :shake:

Sure-Oz 05-04-2006 06:22 PM

Listening to Freddy Patek on the spot makes me wonder wtf old royals players are not coaches on this team? He can pinpoint alot of the mistakes, and he has volunteered his services but given a no. This whole coaching staff and uppermanagment needs to be gutted, this team makes the consistent mistakes and so far has been the worst team i have ever seen.