ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NBA finals, anyone else watching? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=142000)

tk13 06-08-2006 09:55 PM

Confetti at the end of game 1? What's up with that?

BWillie 06-08-2006 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13

Haha I like Mark Cuban. I'd act the same way if I was rich and had my own team. He just acts as a fan, wants to be a part of things, and make it an entertaining atmosphere. He can be a little arrogant at times, but I guess that goes with the territory. At least he's not fake.

Did you see the interview with Dirk with Stuey at the end of the game? He speaks English remarkably well for a German. He should teach Yao Ming some pointers, he can't speak for shit.

Miles 06-08-2006 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007
Haha I like Mark Cuban. I'd act the same way if I was rich and had my own team. He just acts as a fan, wants to be a part of things, and make it an entertaining atmosphere. He can be a little arrogant at times, but I guess that goes with the territory. At least he's not fake.

Did you see the interview with Dirk with Stuey at the end of the game? He speaks English remarkably well for a German. He should teach Yao Ming some pointers, he can't speak for shit.

Yao really doesn't speak that bad of English but I think he tends to underplay what he knows. Derk is completly fluant and and English isnt exactly uncommon in Germany. Some of my friends have run into him at bars and said he was really cool for a pro athlete.

Im with you on Cuban. He really seems like a fan that just happens to own the team. Others get annoyed by his antics but I think he is a badass.

Hammock Parties 06-08-2006 10:04 PM

Dallas totally outclassed Miami. Howard and Dirk were horrible offensively and they still won by 10. I think Dallas is clearly the better team in this series.

chiefs4me 06-08-2006 10:05 PM

Quote:

It's alwasy a party in Dallas..:D

Halfcan 06-08-2006 10:42 PM

Watching Shaq miss freethrows is just freakin funny. I mean seriously, you would think he would at least aim for that big white thing with a square in the middle-Its called a BACKBOARD Shaq!! He should go granny style-he couldn't look worse.

Wade is the best player on the court.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-08-2006 10:44 PM

pretty good game...cuban is a dream to have as an owner if your a mavs fan.

58-4ever 06-08-2006 10:45 PM

Quote:

With most of the NBA games I've gone to, confetti comes down after every win. Kinda rediculous I know.

58-4ever 06-08-2006 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM
pretty good game...cuban is a dream to have as an owner if your a mavs fan.

He should buy the Royals although he has repeatedly looked into buying the Pirates.

Halfcan 06-08-2006 10:47 PM

Cuban is a d#ck, can't stand the guy. But Mavs will win because SHAQ CAN'T MAKE A FREAKIN FREETHROW!!!!! Pathetic, he doesn't even try.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-08-2006 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58-4ever
He should buy the Royals although he has repeatedly looked into buying the Pirates.

that would be hilarious if he bought the royals...where do you start though. the joke of an owner they have now has set that team back for a while.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-08-2006 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan
Cuban is a d#ck, can't stand the guy. But Mavs will win because SHAQ CAN'T MAKE A FREAKIN FREETHROW!!!!! Pathetic, he doesn't even try.

he may be a dick, but that's the kind of guy you want running your team....you would think after all this time in the league shaq would have improved a little on those free throws.

Psyko Tek 06-08-2006 10:56 PM

NOOO

THERE ARE NO NBA FINALS
SUNS LOST END OF NBA
sticks fingers in ears
LALALALALLALALALALALLALAL

good luck mavs

58-4ever 06-08-2006 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM
that would be hilarious if he bought the royals...where do you start though. the joke of an owner they have now has set that team back for a while.

he would start like he did with the Mavs. Upgrading the locker rooms and other facilities. Making travel easier adding comfort to the road. Spending more money and caring about the team and its players. All this makes free agents and others WANT to play here. We would still have Beltran and maybe a few others if Cuban was the owner. But, Go Heat!

58-4ever 06-08-2006 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyko Tek
NOOO

THERE ARE NO NBA FINALS
SUNS LOST END OF NBA
sticks fingers in ears
LALALALALLALALALALALLALAL

good luck mavs

the Suns will never win it all with that kind of basketball. Even when they have a big lead they jack up bad shots with 18 seconds left on the shot clock.