ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   The dighead who tried to steal a nice, young American girl to Islam is in Anguish (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=142525)

chagrin 06-20-2006 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike
Now, the real issue is people blaming the dude when he did nothing wrong. The people you should be pissed at are the parents who raised a dumbshit daughter and let this whole thing slip.

Dude, I am, I think they should be educated on how to take care. He does have to take some blame though, even though rxrider wrote it 100,000 freaking times I agree that soliciting a 16 year old is wrong, even if you're 20. But like I say, I'm old fashioned.

I'm sorry, but when I read shit like "a 16 year old girl leaving the country without her parents knowledge...converting to Islam and signing a marriage contract..." really sets me off.

That's what pissed me off. I mean really, I have no problem with someone being in love for pete's sake.

Saulbadguy 06-20-2006 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chagrin
Because I guess I am one of the few who don't give a 16 year old the credibility, to make life decisions like this - via a computer on top of it.

So in 2 years, she will all of a sudden gain this credibility? She's in love, and she made a poor decision, but yet all of a sudden the guy is to blame? I doubt he lured her there with promises of riches, support, or gifts. He is a 20 year old living in his parents basement. Sounds like they were actually in love, or they thought they were.

Saulbadguy 06-20-2006 12:43 PM

Quote:

Dude, I am, I think they should be educated on how to take care. He does have to take some blame though, even though rxrider wrote it 100,000 freaking times I agree that soliciting a 16 year old is wrong, even if you're 20. But like I say, I'm old fashioned.

I'm sorry, but when I read shit like "a 16 year old girl leaving the country without her parents knowledge...converting to Islam and signing a marriage contract..." really sets me off.

That's what pissed me off. I mean really, I have no problem with someone being in love for pete's sake.

My mother did all that (sans leaving the country part) when she married my Father. Why is it such a big deal?

chagrin 06-20-2006 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy
So in 2 years, she will all of a sudden gain this credibility? She's in love, and she made a poor decision, but yet all of a sudden the guy is to blame? I doubt he lured her there with promises of riches, support, or gifts. He is a 20 year old living in his parents basement. Sounds like they were actually in love, or they thought they were.

Hold on now, I never said at 18 she gains credibility, I simply don't believe that this little kid who lives in a small area in the thumb of Michigan (I know the area - it is very isolated) knew what she was doing.

To you, the story obviously smells like "love" to me it smells like shit, I don't believe it and I fear for her welfare being over there - that's how I see it.

chagrin 06-20-2006 12:48 PM

Quote:

My mother did all that (sans leaving the country part) when she married my Father. Why is it such a big deal?

Saul, I am not trying to insult your family, but I have to be able to exoress my diagreement when I feel it, wouldn't you agree?

Saulbadguy 06-20-2006 12:49 PM

Quote:

Hold on now, I never said at 18 she gains credibility, I simply don't believe that this little kid who lives in a small area in the thumb of Michigan (I know the area - it is very isolated) knew what she was doing.

To you, the story obviously smells like "love" to me it smells like shit, I don't believe it and I fear for her welfare being over there - that's how I see it.

Why else would he want her over there if he did not love her?

I don't fear for her welfare "over there" - I don't know her.

Saulbadguy 06-20-2006 12:50 PM

Quote:

Saul, I am not trying to insult your family, but I have to be able to exoress my diagreement when I feel it, wouldn't you agree?

That's fine and dandy.

chagrin 06-20-2006 12:57 PM

Quote:

Why else would he want her over there if he did not love her?

I don't fear for her welfare "over there" - I don't know her.

I wrote "over there" because I was blanking out on the ciry in Israel where she was going, geesh.

The answer I have for your question is this:

Dude, why do control freaks bring chicks over here from Russia and abuse them? Figure it out and you might have your answer.

Saulbadguy 06-20-2006 01:13 PM

Quote:

I wrote "over there" because I was blanking out on the ciry in Israel where she was going, geesh.

The answer I have for your question is this:

Dude, why do control freaks bring chicks over here from Russia and abuse them? Figure it out and you might have your answer.

Does that happen? I was not aware of that.

DaneMcCloud 06-20-2006 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike
Well, you're a f***ing moron and should be put to sleep. For society's sake.

Then how would we ever remember that Rush existed?

Lzen 06-20-2006 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd
Funny thing is she tricked her parents into getting a passport.

Parents, "What do you need a passport for?"

Girl, "Cause all the kids at the mall have one."

Parents, "Oh, OK."

Now that was damn funny. ROFL

Lzen 06-20-2006 01:54 PM

Quote:

But she insisted she and Abdullah had the girl's best interests at heart.
I wonder if that included clipping off her clit.

"He met a lot of girls on the Internet, but he loves her and he made everyone in the family love her," she said.

Ok, WTF? I don't think that was part of the yahoo article. ROFL

Now why would they do that? Is that part of their culture?

chagrin 06-20-2006 02:00 PM

I don't know for sure, I'vre heard it was done in some cultures yes - but I was just being a prick

jspchief 06-20-2006 02:06 PM

I don't think you'll find many parents that would be too excited about their 16 yr old child taking off to a different country with a vastly different culture in the name of love.

I don't doubt that both the girl and the boy felt that they were truly in love, but I also recognize that young relationships fail more often than they succeed.

If it really is love, they can stay in touch for the next two years until she's an adult. Two years is a small chunk of "the rest of your life".