ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Can the Royals be next years Tigers? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=149232)

teedubya 10-07-2006 08:25 PM

The Tiggers signed Pudge Rodriguez, and we signed Benito Santiago and Juan Gonzalez. I think if we had signed Pudge, we would be a lot farther along, as he obviously knows how to bring out the strengths in his pitchers.

Now, The Royals have a strong core of new players coming along. We just need some arms... Hopefully, the trading that Dayton did this season will pay off. I have to assume that he will go out and get a #1 or #2 gun in the offseason.

regardless, I bet a case of beer with anyone that the Royals dont lose 90 games next year.

Logical 10-07-2006 09:35 PM

IMO NO

Halfcan 10-07-2006 10:11 PM

The Alex Gordon Show-coming this Spring.

Mecca 10-07-2006 10:43 PM

I bet everyone gets pissed when Gordon is in AAA next year...

tk13 10-07-2006 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
I bet everyone gets pissed when Gordon is in AAA next year...

I'd have no problem with it. I'm not in any hurry to see him, let him get fat on AAA pitching with Billy Butler. Hard to say though, if he has a huge spring it'll be hard to keep him down.

Eleazar 10-07-2006 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13
I'd have no problem with it. I'm not in any hurry to see him, let him get fat on AAA pitching with Billy Butler. Hard to say though, if he has a huge spring it'll be hard to keep him down.

Yeah, start him them in Omaha at least. If needs/performance dictate then maybe you can debut them at some point, but at least let them get comfortable at AAA first.

Mecca 10-07-2006 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13

Where's he gonna play? Left field?

tk13 10-07-2006 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
Where's he gonna play? Left field?

No idea. People seem to believe Teahen's moving to left. I really don't know. I mean, Gordon's a good defender too. It is kinda rough because I think Teahen was really starting to get it at third too, and Gordon will probably go through some growing pains defensively. That's a brutally tough decision, I'm glad I'm not making it.

Really, if we could get rid of Sweeney we could just rotate Teahen between LF/DH... or have Shealy/Teahen rotate 1B/DH. Teahen's pretty athletic though, it'd be better to have him out in the field you'd think.

Hammock Parties 10-07-2006 11:30 PM

What I don't understand is why can't they put Teahen in at shortstop? Berroa is not the answer for this team, because he's always depressed looking out there, not willing to try hard. If they put teahen at short and have gordon at 3rd and shealy at first, IMO we'd be a much better team offensively and defensively. Don't move shealy from first, he has very good defensive skills.

CHIEF4EVER 10-08-2006 01:28 AM

I can't wait to see all the Royals bashers eat plate after plate of crow next season.

Sure-Oz 10-08-2006 01:57 AM

Royals future is starting to look real bright, we have a direction now and it looks like we could be back within a few years.

CHIEF4EVER 10-08-2006 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz
Royals future is starting to look real bright, we have a direction now and it looks like we could be back within a few years.

Yep. Dayton Moore and Buddy Bell are two of the best hirings in a loooooooooong time. We finally have competence where it counts.

Oxford 10-08-2006 06:37 AM

Next Year's Tigers= No way
Next Year's Royals= Yes

Emil Brown, Reggie Sanders and Mike Sweeney do not fit with this club long-term, but for next year they do (unless traded). Forget Free-agent pitching because there is none, unless you catch lightening in a bottle with some other career MinorLeaguer or a Change of Scenery veteran.

Progress for this club (for next year) is not going to be measured by wins/losses. Progress will be Greinke, Lumsden, Gordon and Butler tearing apart AAA. Additional progress will be a trade of Brown/Sanders/Berroa for starting pitching.

runnercyclist 10-08-2006 09:55 AM

No

chiefsfan987 10-08-2006 11:45 AM

I don't think the Royals can be this years Tigers without aquiring tons of pitching help. Additionally, this team seriously needs to learn the fundamentals of the game. Has there ever been a team like the Royals who continually throws to the wrong base, runs into so many outs on the bags when they have no chance etc.? Until they start playing fundamentally sound ball and acquire some pitching they're going to continue to struggle. What I can't figure out is why KC hasn't figured out that they're giving their opposition so many free extra runs by throwing to the wrong base and correct the problem. They beat themselves more than any other team in baseball.

On a positive note, if they have some good acquisitions this offseason I COULD see them reliving another "03" type year.