ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Bill Walker: ACL tear (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=156303)

Saulbadguy 01-09-2007 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkchief
First, it really sucks for Walker, it was fun to watch him play.

Coming back from ACL reconstructions on both knees certainly changes his timetable/likelihood for the NBA given his overall skill-set and strengths prior to his injury. He may now end up at KSU for a few years.

Well, I suppose that is good news. This team needs all the help it can get.

Saulbadguy 01-09-2007 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish
Moving on... tonight we square our conference record at 1-1 against The General...RMK.

(Gawddammit!!!)

BWillie 01-09-2007 12:32 AM

That sucks, I was really hoping someone else other than Kansas would emerge from the North. The South is really making me sick. Every year it's the same teams Texas, Kansas, OSU, and now A&M

Imon Yourside 01-09-2007 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007
That sucks, I was really hoping someone else other than Kansas would emerge from the North. The South is really making me sick. Every year it's the same teams Texas, Kansas, OSU, and now A&M

This was not happening regardless. KU was the odds on favorite irregardless of Walker being healthy, and Durant of Tejas is maybe the best player ever in the big 12. I feel a bit dirty but I was rooting for the mildcats tonight but it seemed like whenever they got to within 2 they always had a turnover. It's the curse of Dana Altman.

hawkchief 01-09-2007 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007

After watching KSU's sorry bunch tonight vs. TTech, I don't think having Walker was going to make them a contender this year anyway. Top half of the Big XII, maybe.

Next year should be much better, but it will be interesting to see what Walker decides to do now. While it's hard to believe he would be drafted fresh off an ACL recon, without evidence of successful rehab, IF he is intent on going league as early as possible, as many have suggested, he may have played his last game in purple.

I suspect the NBA, after seeing him blow out his ACL, is probably going to be willing to treat Walker kindly regarding his eligibility, if he wants to go. Since they recently invoked their new age limit rule, pi$$ing off a kid who is paying a price for it, might not be in the NBA's best interests.

Imon Yourside 01-09-2007 12:48 AM

Quote:

After watching KSU's sorry bunch tonight vs. TTech, I don't think having Walker was going to make them a contender this year anyway. Top half of the Big XII, maybe.

Next year should be much better, but it will be interesting to see what Walker decides to do now. While it's hard to believe he would be drafted fresh off an ACL recon, without evidence of successful rehab, IF he is intent on going league as early as possible, as many have suggested, he may have played his last game in purple.

I suspect the NBA, after seeing him blow out his ACL, is probably going to be willing to treat Walker kindly regarding his eligibility, if he wants to go. Since they recently invoked their new age limit rule, pi$$ing off a kid who is paying a price for it, might not be in the NBA's best interests.

Walker will be wearing purple again next year, he graduated early and cannot make the jump until after next year anyways.

hawkchief 01-09-2007 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN
Walker will be wearing purple again next year, he graduated early and cannot make the jump until after next year anyways.

I've read conflicting reports regarding his draft status. IF he in fact wants to go, the NBA will not be in a position to be hard-asses about it, and would likely give him the benefit of the doubt unless they want to invite a potentially big legal tussle. IIRC, didn't Walker already employ Huggins' attorney on another matter?

Imon Yourside 01-09-2007 01:09 AM

Quote:

I've read conflicting reports regarding his draft status. IF he in fact wants to go, the NBA will not be in a position to be hard-asses about it, and would likely give him the benefit of the doubt unless they want to invite a potentially big legal tussle. IIRC, didn't Walker already employ Huggins' attorney on another matter?

hmmm i haven't followed it very much but KK was on 810 today and said that he couldn't enter the draft until 08. I haven't followed his situation very closely so you may be right.

Saulbadguy 01-09-2007 07:00 AM

He can't enter the draft until 08. END OF story. I don't know why that is such a hard concept for you to grasp, hawkchief.

hawkchief 01-09-2007 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy
He can't enter the draft until 08. END OF story. I don't know why that is such a hard concept for you to grasp, hawkchief.

Fran Fraschilla of ESPN believes that Walker could possibly challenge the NBA age limit rule per this mornings' paper. He, and other experts have mentioned this over the past several months. Sounds like a long-shot, but I trust their opinion more than a homer like you, Saul.

Saulbadguy 01-09-2007 10:51 AM

Quote:

Fran Fraschilla of ESPN believes that Walker could possibly challenge the NBA age limit rule per this mornings' paper. He, and other experts have mentioned this over the past several months. Sounds like a long-shot, but I trust their opinion more than a homer like you, Saul.

That worked out so well for Maurice Clarett and Mike Williams in the NFL. Plus, I would think he would want to improve his stock after 2 bum knees.

WilliamTheIrish 01-09-2007 11:00 AM

Saul's is/was correct. Phog Fraschilla is wrong.

Great story from last night. As usual, Stan and Wyatt were putting a pretty spin on the debacle last night. Huggs would have none of it.

WYATT: Well, coach they blah blah blah weak excuse blah balh...

Huggins: Really Wyatt? To a man in that locker room, if you ask them what they want in their future, they'll say "I want to play in the league".

"Well,I'll just read to you what I read to them in locker room: Lance Harris: 0-2, Senior. Akeem Wright: 2-12, Senior. Cartier Martin: 4-12, Senior. Clent Stewart: 2-9.

What we lack is a committment to winning. Before each game we hand each player a disc of the guy they'll be defending. It has his (the opposing players') number on the disc. Tonight when we were coming out of a timeou, one of our guys (nameless) didn't know what Jarrious Jackson's number was. Now........ how can you NOT know who the leading scorer is in our league? Total lack of committment."

Tech comes into the game a -3 rebounding. What do we do? Give up 19 offensive boards. Total lack of committment to winning."

WYATT: It looked like the guys got tired there at the end after cutting it to 2 with 9 minutes to play.

Huggins: "Really Wyatt? (Crinkling of the scoresheet) Let's just look at the numbers. Jarious Jackson: 40 minutes. (Continues to name off guys from tech that played high minutes)"

"We didn't have a guy play over 37 minutes. That's just not a good excuse Wyatt. To win, in this league, it takes a committment. We don't have that committment".

I love Huggins. He tells it like it is.

ChiTown 01-09-2007 11:07 AM

Quote:

Great story from last night. As usual, Stan and Wyatt were putting a pretty spin on the debacle last night. Huggs would have none of it.

Huggins: Really Wyatt? To a man in that locker room, if you ask them what they want in their future, they'll say "I want to play in the league".

"Well,I'll just read to you what I read to them in locker room: Lance Harris: 0-2, Senior. Akeem Wright: 2-12, Senior. Cartier Martin: 4-12, Senior. Clent Stewart: 2-9.

What we lack is a committment to winning. Before each game we hand each player a disc of the guy they'll be defending. It has his (the opposing players') number on the disc. Tonight when we were coming out of a timeou, one of our guys (nameless) didn't know what Jarrious Jackson's number was. Now........ how can you NOT know who the leading scorer is in our league? Total lack of committment."

Tech comes into the game a -3 rebounding. What do we do? Give up 19 offensive boards. Total lack of committment to winning."

WYATT: It looked like the guys got tired there at the end after cutting it to 2 with 9 minutes to play.

Huggins: "Really Wyatt? (Crinkling of the scoresheet) Let's just look at the numbers. Jarious Jackson: 40 minutes. (Continues to name off guys from tech that played high minutes)"

"We didn't have a guy play over 37 minutes. That's just not a good excuse Wyatt. To win, in this league, it takes a committment. We don't have that committment".

I was listening to that last night. What I like about Huggins is exactly what I hated about Wooly. Huggy makes no excuses, and has never taken a moral victory in his life. Wooly was full of excuses and won a National Championship in moral victories.

His post game interviews are fantastic. It's funny to listen to Wyatt trying to fumble his way through those interviews. He asks a question, and Huggs doesn't just answer them, he pours through them like a guy sitting around with his buddies. Wyatt barely knows how to pose the next question after Huggs finishes his diatribe. Good stuff............and Wyatt's an"d" idiot.

hawkchief 01-09-2007 11:14 AM

Quote:

Sounds like Thuggins isn't doing a very good job of getting his point across, after 3 months now.

WilliamTheIrish 01-09-2007 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown
I was listening to that last night. What I like about Huggins is exactly what I hated about Wooly. Huggy makes no excuses, and has never taken a moral victory in his life. Wooly was full of excuses and won a National Championship in moral victories.

His post game interviews are fantastic. It's funny to listen to Wyatt trying to fumble his way through those interviews. He asks a question, and Huggs doesn't just answer them, he pours through them like a guy sitting around with his buddies. Wyatt barely knows how to pose the next question after Huggs finishes his diatribe. Good stuff............and Wyatt's an"d" idiot.

Last night's post game Huggy was the highlight of Big Monday. (Ok, except for Hoskins. Damn, has he come along or what?) When Huggins hears that bullshit coming from Wyatt and starts crinkling the scoresheet, you just KNOW that something worthwhile is coming across the waves in a few seconds.

He was discussing the inbounds play(s) that we bungled, and said: "All we did was change one small thing. One thing, Wyatt. Because I thought I saw something (I know I did) where we could get an easy basket. We didn't come close to executing what was asked. It's that simple. It's almost comical. "

It's a shame Walker got injured. KSU was just getting to the point where we could see improvement. Huggs had the guys playing hard nosed with the small lineup. I was excited.

Huggins said "Don't give up on us. We'll get it figured out. I'm not going to stand for it. If we don't, the chances of playing in that tournament, you know the one Wyatt, the one on CBS?, aren't going to be good. And I'm not fond of that other tournament".

I'll say this much for the guy: He never quit coaching last night. He never stopped working the refs. He's going to have to keep that up. KSU is going to need every call they can get.