ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Peter King SI, A couple of nuggets about DT and the Hall.... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=157937)

JBucc 02-05-2007 10:18 PM

Does anyone have a list of who becomes eligible over the next several years?

stevieray 02-05-2007 10:20 PM

ok..let's say it's true...he's only allowed one dimension.

Name another player that had a faster first step that produced over 100 sacks and seven in one game.

Name another player confident enough to call the safety..and then deliver.

I think the shannon sharpe incident and the wreckless driving that ended his career and ultimately his life are mitigating factors, but who knows.

Halfcan 02-05-2007 10:24 PM

Peter puffer King is a fuckhead. How did he ever get a job writing that shit. I have always disliked him, but now hate him.

HMc 02-05-2007 10:25 PM

1.bein dead
2.playing in a small market
3.having little postseason success

maybe not in that order

milkman 02-05-2007 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray
I'm starting to feel that every year that goes by, his chances get slimmer and slimmer.

I agree.

He belongs, but if he doesn't get there in the next couple of years, he may never make it.

FAX 02-05-2007 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray
ok..let's say it's true...he's only allowed one dimension.

Name another player that had a faster first step that produced over 100 sacks and seven in one game.

Name another player confident enough to call the safety..and then deliver.

I think the shannon sharpe incident and the wreckless driving that ended his career and ultimately his life are mitigating factors, but who knows.

Honestly, I think it's small market syndrome at work again, Mr. stevieray.

He'll be pushed to the back of the line unless or until a class comes along in which he is a much more obvious choice by comparison. Either way, the claim that he was too "one-dimensional" is completely ridiculous. I cite the Stenerud example. Who can be more "one-dimensional" than a kicker?

FAX

Halfcan 02-05-2007 10:27 PM

I guess turning around a franchise and taking them to the playoffs does not matter. fuck the HOF-I will never go there if DT does not make it.

RNR 02-05-2007 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBucc
Does anyone have a list of who becomes eligible over the next several years?

Every player that has been retired for atleast 5 years.

Halfcan 02-05-2007 10:28 PM

And it is D#ckwads like King that are keeping him out.

HMc 02-05-2007 10:30 PM

man mike vick has more dimensions than peyton manning

manning has 1, vick has 1.2 (the 1 is for running)

Halfcan 02-05-2007 10:32 PM

DT destroyed QB's, I just don't get why the dumbfuck voters hate him. Any team would kill to have a player like that on their team.

HMc 02-05-2007 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider
Every player that has been retired for atleast 5 years.

http://www.argiuarforHOF2008.com

Halfcan 02-05-2007 10:34 PM

Why is Bob Presenting again-can we get someone with some freakin credibilty please?

BigRock 02-05-2007 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58
2) He's not alive to bitch and moan like some of these guys do. He's gonna continue to get passed over until there's a class without some of these borderline old timers like Hickerson and Sanders......

I think this one might be okay, because regardless of what a bunch of stomach stapling frauds like Peter King may think, there's a list a mile long of guys who played against DT who have said he should be in the HOF. Several of them are in the HOF themselves. Come to think of it, has anybody who played against him ever said he shouldn't be in? I can't think of anyone.

That Fox Sports preview show with Tim Brown and Jason Seahorn and that crew are all morons, but they did a HOF vote thing where each guy could only pick 3 guys from this year's class to make it in. I think all 3 ex-players on the show picked DT as 1 of their 3. They played against him, they know what he was like.

A few more years of DT not making it and maybe some of these guys will start getting vocal, knowing he's not around to make his own case.

Halfcan 02-05-2007 10:52 PM

I think posting any further article written by Peter puffer King- should be grounds for instant Neg rep. The guy is a Chief and DT hater and NEVER has anything good to say about either.